It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Press Secretary Gibbs on UFOs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fls13

Chris Matthews makes Rush Limbaugh look intelligent and rational.
He is a stupid goofball, but that is why he is paid to make stupid insulting commentary on TV.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by bluestreak53]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by fls13

There are obviously some well documented cases where encounters with UFOs didn't end well, Mantell being the most famous. Still, they are few and far between enough to label the phenomenon benign.

I read a theory about a wave of military airplane crashes/unexplained events in the 1950s, not long after the Mantell UFO case. I can't remember the details but statistically there were a lot of accidents in a short period of a few years. The theory goes we may have been in a classified war. (that I'll assume we quickly gave up on fighting) Back in the days when pilots were ordered to "try" and bring them down.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
I read a theory about a wave of military airplane crashes/unexplained events in the 1950s, not long after the Mantell UFO case. I can't remember the details but statistically there were a lot of accidents in a short period of a few years. The theory goes we may have been in a classified war. (that I'll assume we quickly gave up on fighting) Back in the days when pilots were ordered to "try" and bring them down.

My examination of military plane crashes and unsolved disappearances from the 1950s would suggest this is possible. There are many events besides Mantell's which are unsolved and may have involved ET encounters.

The Moncla/Wilson F-89 disappearance over Lake Superior is one (Nov. 23, 1953).
The Suggs/Barckhoff F-94 disappearance over Buzzards Bay on Oct 27, 1953 (by Otis AFB) is another.

I think the crash of an F-86 into Grouse Mtn. in North Vancouver on Feb. 13, 1954 may have been another.

I could go on but in reality, most of what is left is just answered questions.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Chris Matthews is now on my idiot list.

He brought up the UFO issue with Bill Richardson after the Democratic debate where Kucinich was asked about UFOs. Chris Matthews was the same idiot back then that he is now.

They want hard evidence, yet they don't look for it. They want someone to walk up to them and place an alien artifact in their hand. Great investigative journalism skills.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Email Chris Matthews with your comments on what he said at

[email protected]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Trip to Mars Russian style:

www.russiatoday.ru...

I didn't see the ion space craft.
There must be other videos.

No clues on the Tesla suppression conspiracy cause that is why
people are asking for news and something to be done on the
UFO question.
Whatever the UFO question is.
Can't the people figure this out once and for all.
The CFR/TC have international agreements not to divulge anything
about Tesla which includes the UFO craft.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality

[email protected]

Here's my personal comment to Chris Matthews:

Greetings,

I doubt this comment will make its way to Chris Matthews, but on July 24th Mr. Matthews commented on a call-in by a Seattle C-SPAN viewer who asked the White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs if the Obama administration plans to live up to its campaign promise of transparency as it particularly relates to the subject of UFOs.

First it should be noted UFOs in no way have anything to do with the ET hypothesis. Second it should be noted that UFOs (representing a genuine unknown phenomenon of extraordinary properties) are a scientifically verifiable fact. The argument that all UFOs represent misidentifications is a fallacy dispelled by USAF Blue Book Special Report 14.

Mr. Matthews said he was open to "any hard evidence that the earth has been visited from abroad." If he was sincere then he might want to read this scholarly paper written up about a 1957 RB-47 case investigated by the USAF that for all intents and purposes seems to demonstrate a foreign aircraft. It's by no means a short read, but it does demonstrate something of a fairly extraordinary nature. I find it difficult to imagine a natural explanation for a radar-emitting ball of light that has the ability to pace a RB-47 and follow it across several states especially during course corrections.

This case particularly stands out because it's tightly corroborated by verification from several passive radar sets, active radar detection on the ground, and mid-air /w visual observations. It's hard to imagine such a thing being an atmospheric or astronomical phenomenon.

Even if we're only encountering a new physical aspect of reality (ha! - only), it's still useful to our understanding of the world around us. It's the very point of science to explain things and to rigorously ascertain aspects of our reality.

The second science stops answering peoples questions in an unbiased manner, it's no longer serving its function. Furthermore it's the point of government to ensure its people safety. Many people, myself included, are floored at the utter irresponsibility of the DOD flatly stating,

No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security. www.dod.mil...

This is blatant misinformation and patently false.

Mar. 16, 1967 in Montana at the Malmstrom AFB Minutemen Missile Launch Control Center (LCC), a perimeter security guard phoned the on-staff Deputy Crew Commander (DMCCC), Cpt. Robert Salas, in the LCC capsule to report a glowing-red orb floating over the facility. Salas not believing this instructed the man to "call [back] when something more significant happened."

5 to 10 minutes later, following another distressed security call, the alarm klaxon sounded and lights at the commander's station flashed indicating missiles were entering a "no-go," or unlaunchable, condition. Oscar-flight lost 6 to 8 missiles that morning. Several miles away at Echo-flight, under similar circumstances, another LCC crew lost all 10 missiles.

The loss of 1 nuclear missile let alone 18 is unprecedented.

According to FOIA declassified Strategic Missile Wing documents and interviews with ex-Boeing engineers’ tests were unable to identify a pathway for missile shutdowns. Mr. Salas has since gone before the National Press Club and stated that he’s willing to testify before Congress to the truthfulness of this account.

So I find this subject to be of the utmost importance not only to our understanding of the world around us, but as it relates to our very survival. The extremes of what these reported phenomena possibly represent are so dramatic that they practically scream for real scientific analysis and governmental involvement.

All that said I'm very disappointed with Mr. Matthews dismissive attitude. I recommend he educate himself before commenting on a subject he clearly knows very little about.

A displeased viewer,

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality

[email protected]

Mathews worked as a speech writer for Jimmy Carter when Carter was president. I'm sure he is well aware of Carter's UFO event. I think his even mentioning the call to Gibbs is a positive.

We do need to remember that shows like his are current events not history, so the compelling volume of great cases isn't very important to guys in his type of role.

The last sighting that got big news attention was the Chicago O'Hare airport sighting and I did see Keith Olbermann do a segment on his show about it. His behavior was juvenile and repulsive.

Cue the theme to The X-Files . . . .

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
UFOs hit MSM once in a while and the news person covers it and makes ignorant comments which cancels out any good that come from it because people who aren't familiar with the facts just sit back and laugh. If the MSM would take the time to search for and present facts, it might be different. Until the MSM attitude toward UFOs changes, we're fighting a steep up hill disclosure battle.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The Robert Gibbs UFO question youtube video with over 7,000 views (the most) has been removed from youtube "removed due to terms of use violation". It was posted by CSPANjunkie.org

CSPANjunkie.org's video of CNN International's original coverage of the Stephenville UFOs which had over 1,000,000 views has also been removed.

Actually they removed CSPANjunkie.org's entire profile.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Not to inject politics, but considering the laughable "transparency" that the current administration has already demonstrated, it will be a cold day in you know where before they get to something as unimportant to the mainstream as UFOs.

Want to change that? Make UFO's mainstream. Want to make that happen? Silence anyone that speaks about this subject that makes us look bad, no matter if what they say turns out true or not. Once we get rid of the stigma and stereotype we have can we get serious. If you don't believe what I am saying will work, just look at any political action organization worth their salt. They do what it takes to get the results they want. The best ones have plenty of skeletons in their closets, but there is enough money and power to get results (sometimes power exerted through the media, because the action committee has been around and taken serious long enough to issue a scathing press release about someone, and boom: instant heat and scandal)

In our case, once serious the money and power comes from the media. If the public wants to see this, the news fools will be stepping over themselves trying to get to the bottom of it because it sells advertising. Once that process gets going, it may very well feed itself, and create a climate where those that may be in the real "know" will come forward or be hunted down like dogs.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

When something big happens in ufology, the news media does cover it. They know there's a public interest there and don't ignore UFOs. The coverage might be cliched and superficial, but it is on just about every subject.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

S&F for him, whoever he is.

But its your thread.

I expect Obama to give the same response as Truman about UFOs.
I think it went something like: Yeah there are a lot of them out there.

A lot better than the response of Forestall to the Alien question.
Better luck to Obama.
Obama might be sticking to Earth bound problems.
I don't see Obama making a JFK and saying we are going to Mars.
The Russians are in training for the month long travel.
Can't wait to see UFOs on the way to Mars.
Now that will wake up the world.

At some point it just becomes too plain to ignore or deny.

I am not sure whether that day should be celebrated or feared. Probably both.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If there are any Americans here on ATS, please support Steve Bassett, Paradigm Research Group and the disclosure movement, by asking Gibbs about UFO disclosure one more time.

If he gets the same question one more time, maybe he will look more into it, and the media will get the bait.

The world relies on you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join