It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is rapidly turning this country into a totalitarian regime

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

In all honesty, i think obama's role model is mugabe rather than chavez. i think obama looks at zimbabwe and the complete reassignment of the land to blacks, power to blacks, and envies it. he wants to hold the future of the nation like mugabe does and jerk it this way and that, knowing that he destroyed all the evil rich white folk. zimbabwe though much smaller than US was a rich and productive country but no more.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I have to disagree witht he premise that "America is rapidly turning into a police state under the Obama administration". I believe we have been a police state for many years now, perhaps as far back as the LBJ years.

The premise of the 2 party system is a Punch N' Judy puppet show to keep the populace distracted while the real PTB have been quietly establishing their power base all along.

As for a national police force see "brownshirts" in wikipedia.

Privatization has been going on at least since the Reagan (make that Bush sr.) years, it is only recently that such contractors have been given actual combat roles (unless you want to count the mercenaries employed by the union during the civil war).

As usual Electric Universe brings up important topics and discusses them intelligently. I'm just playing devil's advocate here to keep the pot stirred.
No offense intended to anyone. I always look forward to your posts EU.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeus2573

Well there you are Zeus!! Long time no see.

Very clever little saying you came up with there, and so true.

Well see ya around.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Hello Bombeni, it's always good to see your avatar!

Thank you by the way....... eh, I have my moments.

I wasn't for or against Obama. I learned a long time ago that my vote does not count contrary to want anybody thinks. I am also for giving people the benefit of the doubt no matter who the are. Obama is from my home state of Illinois. What is unbelievable about this guy is how fast he rose through the ranks! And now he's king of the mountain, pyramid or whatever you want to call it. Some would even say that he's king of the world. I can assure you, he didn't rise to the top by being Mr. goody two shoes.

I don't believe Obama to be just another puppet, I think this man will do as he pleases. His philosophy is, role with me or I'll role right over you. At the moment, we are all seeing his good side believe it or not. When we see his bad side in full force,(and we will) he's going to wreak havoc unfortunately.

Change We Can Believe In? That can go either way, don't think it'll go the way we want it too I'm afraid to say.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This thread should be moved. This is not breaking news at all. In fact, this news is more than 7 months old now....

Seriously though, 'totalitarian regime' is a nice word for what this country is turning into.

The scary part for me, that nobody seems to acknowledge, is that this President has only been in office for seven months!

Think about the number of changes, the total collapse of so many companies, the outrageous number of homeless and jobless people, the dire news day after day after day....

You can argue that he inherited it all you want. The bottom line is -- it's his ship to run and he's running it into the ground.

No matter how bad things get, no matter how broke we are, it's full steam ahead!

That is, more than anything, the bottom line problem with this administration and the reason why there will be no U.S. to speak of by the end of 2009. There is no pause for the cause. There is no waiting to see what the implications of said changes bring about.

It's just a constant ram and tear mentality. Problem? Throw money at it. More problems? Hire more people to monitor said problems. More and more problems? Borrow money from China to try and fix said problem....

It's a one way train to no-where-good-ville. And the only part of Obama's plan that actually did work? Make the people so scared, so broke, so vulnerable, so dependant, so desparate --- that they have no choice but to just keep their seat and hope for the best.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join