It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Guy Is The New Food Safety Czar??? Unbelieveable

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The man that brought you Monsanto's genetically engineered bovine growth hormone is now america's food safety czar

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The person who may be responsible for more food-related illness and death than anyone in history has just been made the US food safety czar. This is no joke.

and...

The Fox Guarding the Chickens

If GMOs are indeed responsible for massive sickness and death, then the individual who oversaw the FDA policy that facilitated their introduction holds a uniquely infamous role in human history. That person is Michael Taylor. He had been Monsanto's attorney before becoming policy chief at the FDA. Soon after, he became Monsanto's vice president and chief lobbyist.

This month Michael Taylor became the senior advisor to the commissioner of the FDA. He is now America's food safety czar. What have we done?

This is too much for me to take - evil pure unadulterated evil

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
It is what the world has come to in many ways. Juxtaposing two very opposite things. Those who would destroy take over the roles of "protectors." I am sick of the bipolar, contradictory extremes. I hope reconciliation, in general, comes soon. We, the people, have to be truly honest with ourselves though, willing to look in the mirror.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
. . . . That person is Michael Taylor. He had been Monsanto's attorney before becoming policy chief at the FDA. Soon after, he became Monsanto's vice president and chief lobbyist. . . .

No sir! You have it all wrong. Obama said he wouldn't have lobbyists in his administration. You are what's wrong with this country!

Stop thinking right now and go back and watch "Dancing with the Czars. . . uh I mean Stars"

Seriously, just another damn example of the overt corruption in this administration.

S&F for more bad news on this friday. . .

-is friday morning too early for scotch? If so, I'll start with vodka!

[edit on 24-7-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Well, I guess more people are going to be disenchanted with Obama after this.

This is craziness, I'm really at a loss for words.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I expect to see new 'policy' by the czar making it illegal to eat anything which does not either contain petrochemical additives or anything produced by nature without human manipulation.

You'll need licensing to grow food in your own backyard. And no-one will qualify easily for the privilege.

Your children will be taught that 'natural' stuff is for loonies and kooks. And they will be encouraged to report you if you express dissent or dare to disobey the czar.

... sorry... just carrying this trend to it's logical conclusion.

(I wonder how much it costs to get a political appointment these days?)

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I find a lot of the obama criticism simply rhetoric and unfounded, but in this case, I am very disappointed and upset. Same thing as the last administration did, exactly.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

The man that brought you Monsanto's genetically engineered bovine growth hormone is now america's food safety czar

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The person who may be responsible for more food-related illness and death than anyone in history has just been made the US food safety czar. This is no joke.

Are you sure it isn't a joke?...The person whose last thread was "Obamagate Begins" using Huffington Post as a source?

Are they only credible when they say something negative about the Obama administration?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Why don't you do a little research before you dismiss this story? Here's another article about it:

www.grist.org...

If you aren't familiar with the issue here is a good video about the cover-up.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is just disgusting.
Corruption in its most obvious and devious form.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Great comments, a pleasure to read. Why have so many become so blind? When they call evil good and good evil know that time has truly run out. The outcome of this (insane insanity] will be severe and will adequately supply the fools that are blind and perceive deception as truth an reward they will deserve. I take no pity on creatures like Obama and the lieing bastards that surround him. The world is full of this slim but it to will end for they only perceive a lie that will not last.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
This Guy Is The New Food Safety Czar??? Unbelieveable

I believe it. Take on look at all the Czars Obama has.
This is just one more brick in the wall.
I used to say that Obama would be jimmy carter II. I was wrong.
This is much worse.

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
I guess more people are going to be disenchanted with Obama after this.

All we can do is hope they wake up and have buyers remorse before 2012.

God help us all!!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Is this a position solely appointed by the president?
What is the Peoples' recourse against this type of injustice?
Do we call our congressmenandwomen?

I'm not familiar with what the options are for the people to affect a presidential appointment.. He has to be confirmed by the supreme court, I imagine. But I have little faith that they will act on our behalf..

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
So much for Hope.

How about his Green Czar Mr. Van Jones - admitted radical and communist.

His own words.

While he was in jail
“I met all these young radical people of color — I mean really radical, communists and anarchists. And it was, like, ‘This is what I need to be a part of.’” Although he already had a plane ticket, he decided to stay in San Francisco. “I spent the next ten years of my life working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary.” In the months that followed, he let go of any lingering thoughts that he might fit in with the status quo. “I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28th, and then the verdicts came down on April 29th,” he said. “By August, I was a communist.”

I now ATS members could put our heads together and pick, oh 250 plus people more qualified to be the Green Czar.

Wait a minute who gave him the ability to create these positions that yield great power. Congress does not approve nor do they get to questions these czars. Who thinks George Bush could of done this without any controversy from CNN MSNBC ABC CBS FOX?

Who here knows what other president created all these Czars. The only difference he called them dictators.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
This is just perfect, I can see it now. The police will be raiding grow-ops except rather than them finding drugs they will find tomatoes or lettuce.

What police are calling a 'large-scale vegetable grow operation' was discovered inside a south-east Chicago home during a collaborative raid by both Chicago police and the FDA, Wednesday (May 27).

Officers with the Chicago police Guns and Drugs Section and the FDA's Vegetable Section executed a search warrant at 497 Cudmore Crescent just before 9:30 p.m.

A male and female suspect were arrested at the scene and officers uncovered "a large-scale vegetable grow operation."

Police seized 737 Tomatoe plants ($737,000.000), $809 in Canadian currency, $100 in US currency and a 2004 Toyota Camry. An estimated $4,428 in electricity was stolen, police said.

Bob Smith (male), 52, of Chicago, and Jane Smith (female), 41, of Chicago, are charged with possession of Tomatoes for the purpose of trafficking, unlawful production of Vegetables and resisting arrest.

Editted to add - I wasn't clear enough, I was saying what I figure will happen, not that this already has happened.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by exile1981]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Found a link concerning the legality of czars.

dietz37.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
well this should have the organic hippy types up in a hissy fit..

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by extr5
So much for Hope.

How about his Green Czar Mr. Van Jones - admitted radical and communist.

His own words.

While he was in jail
“I met all these young radical people of color — I mean really radical, communists and anarchists. And it was, like, ‘This is what I need to be a part of.’” Although he already had a plane ticket, he decided to stay in San Francisco. “I spent the next ten years of my life working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary.” In the months that followed, he let go of any lingering thoughts that he might fit in with the status quo. “I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28th, and then the verdicts came down on April 29th,” he said. “By August, I was a communist.”

This is a little off topic but interesting. Jones describes himself as wanting to be a revolutionary..

Funny thing is, when you join the armed forces they make you testify under oath that you have never belonged to any organizations dedicated to the overthrow of the US government. Can it really be so that the same testimony isn't required for one to serve in the Executive Cabinet?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

Czars are appointed by Obama, They are not approved by our congress or courts. They do not have to answer to anyone accept Obama.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
War is Peace.

Poverty is Wealth.

Lies are Truth.

Tyranny is Freedom.

And now we have Poison is Food.

Why is everyone surprised? Does anyone still have any doubt that the NWO eugnenic elitist conspiracy, that the psychopathocracy described by ponerology, is real?

If you haven't woken up yet you might as well just fill your gut with the new antifood and go out eating.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Mindmelding]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join