World Prepares to Dump the Dollar

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

About redhat-

Yes, but I dont see schools and institutions getting a "free reign" license to use these software products..

Although I am not too down with the whole OS world lately.. so maybe that is the way now.. I am doubting it though..

I guess the argument/conversation for me boils down to the point that we still pretty much kick a$$ even if it is not as much a$$ as we have ever kicked before.

Everyone got hurt as well during all of this and it looks like following our markets (cross your fingers) that we will get through this before others..

Even though we deserve like 90% of the blame here hahaha... It is still of my opinion that USA > Rest of World - that prob. sounds bad but I think it is still true.. and our latest T-auctions have been showing that as well

Where else would you invest 10,000,000,000 if you had to? Def. not in CHINA or Russia IMO at least...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

If China can hugely increase its global supply of yuan without inflationary effects - then it has the effect of diluting its $US holdings - without even selling 1$US.

I come into a realization that apart from the science fiction, there may be a growing demand for a "financial fiction." The predisposition for increasing the money supply without ill effects is an increase in productivity and sales figures. That goes for China or any other country. Now if China decides for some reason that it wants to increase its "global supply of yuans," it needs to convince its trade partners abroad to accept yuan as a form of payment. As an oil importer, China needs to convince the Saudis to violate the international agreement that establishes the "petrodollar" as a the acceptable form of payment.

You are running 1+1=3 scenario that culminates with the "dilution of USD" that China or any country holds and needs to conduct international trade. China can under no circumstances show the world that yuan is a superior currency backed by the most reliable and dynamic economic system in the world. An attempt of this kind has a starting point which is not that firm at all:
scrapetv.com...

The image of USD got smeared by the Wall St boys who sent lots of "bad money" abroad in the form of risky instruments of investment rated AAA, and that's what started the USD badmouthing.

[edit on 7/25/2009 by stander]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Yes, there is a lot of "finance fiction" going on lately.

It is important when you read a lot of these things to see who the source is.

Remember, everyone has an advantage/disadvantage to everything. And if someone could gain by someone else falling by just "putting it out there", well we know it will happen.

Although, I cannot blame most, because if you are not surrounded by things like this all the time, I guess it would be hard to understand and then at that point you just believe what you read.

Example ---

Russia calls for world currency as soon as Oil falls UNDER 60 a barrel. Boy were they sweating I bet - seeing that their currency is basically tied to the price of oil. As soon as that happened, guess who was bi****ng about needing a new world currency?

Havent heard a peep since Oil climbed back over 60 a barrel...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

Where else would you invest 10,000,000,000 if you had to? Def. not in CHINA or Russia IMO at least...

I'd go for undervalued real estate in communities that look like they
have more than a snowballs chance in hell of recovery.

I'd go for some physical silver, gold has a lot longer way to fall.

I'd go for some undervalued farm land in various states, even better
if it is a foreclosure, tax lien, or estate auction.

If you get enough real estate in one area you can influence the local
government as many of the large power brokers do these days.

I'd drill water wells in california and sell the water at a premium.

With cap n' tax being passed I'd look at building a 1 Gigawatt solar
furnace similar to what they built at Odeillo France.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'd build it in Death Valley on super cheap land.

I'd find a way to tap the jet stream for power.

I'd build more of the underwater power turbines like
they did on the hudson river.

I'd lean hard into what is going to be forced down our throat
via the cap n' tax.

If you can't beat them, then find a way to turns lemons into
lemonade.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
reply to post by shug7272

You don't get it. The world doesn't support the United States. Albeit we couldn't live out total consumerism and not produce anything if we weren't "loaned" money by other countries, but if we still had the most powerful military and economy when we were a creditor nation, how could we only be on the level of Iran without other countries? And countries don't LOAN us money for US. The only reason why they loan us our money for interest is so it can inflate the global economy and create jobs for their billions of impoverished people still sh*tting in the ground...I am sorry but if you think developing countries are not totally dependent on this system where it is all inflation and debt to create false senses of prosperity for all, then you are mistaken. The U.S. could survive without this system, though out standard of living would be much less...developing countries would be in the stone age still without this system.

The current 'system' you talk about works a bit like this.

Imagine the world is an island, and each person represents a country, and there is also an evil spirit - that only the American can see, he thinks it is his guardian angel - it is called the MSM, but it is the voice of the Central Bank Cartel, or the NWO if you wish.

The evil spirit gives the American a gun and tells him that two of the guys are planning to kill him, the rest of them are not to be trusted - he needs to kill them first! So he starts up and shoots two of the other men dead.

He then waves the gun around and tells the Chinese guy to go make a shelter, the Arab to make a fire, and everyone else to go and get food or do something useful.

The evil spirit tells him that the Iraqi is plotting against him, he has a gun stored somewhere secretly and intends to use it, as is the North Korean - they should be watched with extreme care - but the time to kill them is not yet. But he should make sure they don't get enough food - that they are starving the most of all.

The rest of the people on the island run off in fear, and go and do what they are asked to do by the crazy madman with the gun.

At the end of the day - the American then eats all the food, leaving just enough to keep the rest of the people alive. He then moves into the shelter built for him, sleeps in the bed made for him.

He knows he needs to leave them just enough food to stay alive, so they can do whatever he requires - but not enough food so they might be strong enough to attack him.

This is exactly how the world works - and you are telling me that they couldn't live without the American?

The best thing that could happen is the American would suddenly realize that the voice in his head is evil, not good - and it is full of lies.

Perhaps the others could take his gun, and convince him to forget the evil voice in his head.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Amagnon]

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes but do you know that most of the companies that are still producing in the US are owned by foreign nations?

Yes the manufacturing still in America is not longer America own only a few companies can be called all America.

And to add more injury to the situation most of the parts, ingredients etc, used in manufacturing, assemble and so on are no made in the US either.

So we have Americas production been owned by foreigners made with foreign made goods..

So it doesn't take a genius to see that we are becoming nothing than an assemble line manufacturers owned by foreign interest.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Speaking of oil . . . That's where the bummer ahead could be:
finance.yahoo.com...

Oil rose to top $68 a barrel on Friday on optimism a turnaround in the global economy would lift battered fuel demand.

So if something like an optimistic outlook manages to push the price close to $70, what will happen after the US economy leaves the shop and makes it back on the freeway?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I like the little sister too , but maintain approx 2:1 Gold:Silver. Typically , up or down , when Gold moves , Silver follows....sometimes hard. It's the percentage of the move that matters to investors...not the dollar amount. Gold market is small , Silver market smaller. This aspect , along with Silver' industrial component makes for bone-jarring volatility....be prepared.

At 68.70 , Gold Silver ratio still favors Gold.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

If we push triple digits again I would like to think that we will be around DOW 11,000

Technically that is easily possible *IMO*

Although, oil is one of those things where I at least dont play that game, or ever will most likely.

Especially with the talk about curbing max position limits, who knows if this could implode or explode??? Not me.. Im not even going to take a guess

But I will take a stab at a correlation of Oil at around 100 a barrel and Dow 11000

Again, all IMO

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Well I would prob. get into real estate as well.. but not 10 billion worth

I am sure most big players use a REIT for that purpose and become a general partner to a DPP or something (as most accredited investors do)

Although I do agree with you very much, if I was currently in the position I would be buying up property.. (i dont know if that is your opinion, i am assuming that)

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
On my US ebay store I am selling wallets in the shape and size of wheelbarrows.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan

But I will take a stab at a correlation of Oil at around 100 a barrel and Dow 11000

Again, all IMO

How possible do you think 11,000 is this year? I know you spend a lot more time than any of here researching the markets so I am sure you have a good opinion.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Im actually more bullish than that, but I was referring to if oil was *hypothetically* at triple digits, I would like to see that correlation in the DOW at least..

Im not saying we do that, I am "just saying"

Like I said in the mkt thread, i fully and 100% believe now we are in a bull market, and will be for quite a while

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
After reading your post again, I realize I really didn't answer your question..

Ill start with DOW 10,000 by end of August and see where we are at from there..

I wont show all my cards yet publicly, but as always you can PM me for more details etc..

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
well my plan for a while has been to hold till roughly Aug 1 and then think the markets will slide

but i am a bit interested to see that there really haven't been any significant pullbacks i.e 12% or greater (although i believe we went several yeas without this before the slide)..however the market in my opinion isn't acting rationale at least regarding forward earnings......i.e 3'rd and especially 4'th quarter

while i can't say with the as strong belief that the market will tank this fall /winter i would believe weak 2'nd half earnings (esp. 4'th Q) will cap the market later this year.....how much higher the dow can climb prior to 4'th Q estimates i dunno.....

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

If the world "dumps the dollar," then the castration of the bull could be spectacular. In case it doesn't -- at least not in this year -- then the bull could last. Suppose that it will last to the end of this year. In that case the Dow shouldn't go over a certain limit given by the most naive regression based on these points on the curve:

March 2 ............ 6,763
April 1 .............. 7,762
May 1 ............... 8,212
June 1 ............. 8,721
July 1 ............... 8,504

The best fit for these five points is a logarithmic function, which projects the Dow to close at the first trading day of August at 9,120 points, which is pretty much where things are heading with 9,069 of the last Friday. And so IF the conditions that created the March/July curve persist, the first trading day of 2010 should end with the Dow closing at 10,187 points with +- 2.5% deviation.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Yes but do you know that most of the companies that are still producing in the US are owned by foreign nations?

Yes the manufacturing still in America is not longer America own only a few companies can be called all America.

I'd love to see the facts behind that claim.

Thanks I'm a stickler for facts.

You do realize the largest investors in China are US companies right?

[edit on 25-7-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander
reply to post by cpdaman

If the world "dumps the dollar," then the castration of the bull could be spectacular. In case it doesn't -- at least not in this year -- then the bull could last. Suppose that it will last to the end of this year. In that case the Dow shouldn't go over a certain limit given by the most naive regression based on these points on the curve:

March 2 ............ 6,763
April 1 .............. 7,762
May 1 ............... 8,212
June 1 ............. 8,721
July 1 ............... 8,504

The best fit for these five points is a logarithmic function, which projects the Dow to close at the first trading day of August at 9,120 points, which is pretty much where things are heading with 9,069 of the last Friday. And so IF the conditions that created the March/July curve persist, the first trading day of 2010 should end with the Dow closing at 10,187 points with +- 2.5% deviation.

The market is like a car that is being driven by someone else - and you are trying to use statistics to determine if they are going to turn left or right.

A far better approach is understand who is driving, and where they are going - when you understand that - then you have a better chance of being right.

This bear market rally will accelerate - then be shorted into the ground - my estimate is around mid to late August is the last time you can safely have money in stocks. The fall may occur anywhere between mid August to late October, highest probability seems to be late August to mid Sept.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

Originally posted by stander
reply to post by cpdaman

The market is like a car that is being driven by someone else - and you are trying to use statistics to determine if they are going to turn left or right.

A far better approach is understand who is driving, and where they are going - when you understand that - then you have a better chance of being right.

This bear market rally will accelerate - then be shorted into the ground - my estimate is around mid to late August is the last time you can safely have money in stocks. The fall may occur anywhere between mid August to late October, highest probability seems to be late August to mid Sept.

usually i would say your last paragraph is correct......

the mechanism for the curve up in this spring/summer has been earnings that show the world is not falling off a cliff......a oversold market rebounding... and apparently enough people are believing in a normal recessionary type upward curve continuing into 4'th quarter.....that and some big institutional players likely buying ....especially at support levels (speculation)...

so i don't see how "these conditions" that brought about the upward swing can persist into the end of the year.....because there is NO way that 4'th quarter earnings will match the upswing that was forecasted..........so you would think the time for the big players to short the market would be right BEFORE EARNINGS Results or downward revisions to the forecast came out.

But i'm not sure this administration thinks it's politically acceptable to do this.......i'm not sure the choosen one's legacy could withstand a return the dow duldrums......perhaps they double down on the Plunge protection team knowing they will need to when 4'th Q earnings fall sustantially short of estimates and just try to keep the market from falling below 8 or maybe 9 by that time....this is a wildcard in my mind....it is also the time should they let the market tank that i think would serve as a most likely time for some kind of "attack".SHOULD it occur......so that people could turn their anger away from gov't and obama and banks from this mess (since we were apparently "recovering") and onto who ever is linked to this.

the market will be wanting to take somebody's money ........perhaps gold will fall to 500.........perhaps oil will go to 150 at same time....LOL who the F knows

[edit on 26-7-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Yes you are right, they are because cheap labor and poor conditions is an open door for profits.

Facts,

FOREIGN OWNERSHIP OF SELECTED U.S. INDUSTRIES

www.economyincrisis.org...

Since 2002 the numbers has not been updated by government offices and the trend was overwhelming.

Still

The "Great American Sell Off" ticker is an up-to-date projection of the amount of money that foreign companies spend to acquire U.S. companies. Acquisition of companies by foreign entities diverts U.S. technology, jobs and ownership abroad.

The ticker is a projection based on the average amount of money spent per second on acquisitions in the 2007 fiscal year, which was $4,087.85 per second. Use the acquisition index below to see the most current data available on foreign acquisitions.

I guess at least the numbers in this one can not be deny.

America is not longer all American anymore.

The 2002 numbers can not hide the facts.

www.economyincrisis.org...

Is this prove enough for you

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join