learn more

World Prepares to Dump the Dollar

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Yes the local farmers markets are back, I live in a small town in Ga, is easier to find organic growers in my neck of the woods.

But health food stores are not so easily found, like you may in bigger cities.

Plus also people around likes to plant in their back yard and share their goods.

One of the advantage of living in small town I guess.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The problem at the root of this whole thing is that we have progressed technologically way too fast for our own good, and never changed the system to fit it.... like tryign to run World of warcraft on DOS.... it just won't work

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by mamabeth

Wow that is an interesting new take on economic events...

Reminds me of this one time I saw the Mad Hatter at Red Rocks in Colorado.. err maybe that is a different story haha - but seriously I don't know where you are coming from here..

Can you explain a little better?

I have two posts on this thread,which one are you asking about?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by voudew

Yeah, we have gone from survival of the fittest to survival of the people who can show up on time daily and play the political game. Bureaucrats have taken over again, and the system can not continue to function long after getting to this point.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Facing this head on is the only way.

Over the past 50 years we have watched other countries suffer through famines and military activity. The bottom line is that the population, in general, usually ends up carying the brunt of the negative concequences. The ruling class always protect their interests, no matter who it may hurt. The general public is expendable .... even in North America.

Do the ruling class go to war, or do they send the peons? All for a few dollars. People will kill people for a few dollars.

There would be not to many safe places, should an economic down turn arise.

All for a few dollars, we gave our power to Asia. We shut down our industry for a few dollars of proffit.

I was in China on trade missions in 1997 & 1999. In discussions with Chinese officials, they questioned my countries future stability because of the volume of USD we exported from North America, daily. They cautioned me that we were on a path to a failing economy. They could see it and we seemed to ignore it, why? Simple .... all for a few dollars.

We have sold out our future for short term gain. Our Governments have led the way. People associated with government will be taken care of if the economy collapses. Even war vetrans with missing limbs are being cheated out of pensions and dissability allotments by the government they served (more peons).

It always ends up being every man and woman for themselves, independantly! You are the only one, other than your parents, who cares if you live or die. That is the bottom line. Oh relatives are sad to loose you, but affect their cash and even they are glad to be rid of you.

That is the society we have built today. Sad isn't it?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

If you click on your name there in that reply it will take you to the post i replied to

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I can't really see this as a bad thing. As long as we keep the money out of NWO control, this is definitely a huge step in a positive direction.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
BLAH, BLAH, BLAHBITY, BLAH, BLAH! YADA, YADA, YADA, YADA....same old crap, same old song! BAAAAHHHHH....say the sheeple!
Iran will go nuclear if it isn't stopped! "Who'll stop them cry the sheeple?" In steps the big bad wolfy; Israel..."I will!" declares Israel thumping it's chest. "A nuclear IRAN cannot be allowed"..."SO, we will bomb them and attack their reactors and scientific research facilities."
"Oh; please kind noble sir!" says the timid little sheeple of the USA... "Please don't beat up Iran, and make the whole middle east peace process soil itself!" "We have so many strategic interests there...and we need their oil of life!" they all bleated in unison.
HA! laughs wolfy... "I don't kowtow to anyone, lest you milquetoasts, er, umm, I mean you sheeple in America." "Ahmanutjob will not possess a nuclear weapon, count it!" "We're getting ready to light the big candle right now!" "Stand back and watch the show folks!"
Listening to this bravado, Russian and French atomic energy corporations grit their tightly clenched teeth...with Libya, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia all watching closely...
So are India and Pakistan...
If Israel attacks Iran as they keep boasting they will, they will surly inflame the Arab Muslim world. The Muslims will react. Do not think they will not. Once the Israelis start the War, of course, they will expect the western allies to finish it.
The Norwegians build a deep underground DOOMSDAY seed vault. They see the rune carvings on the wall!
Russian defense spending gears up to post USSR collapse cold war levels...
China continues pouring Trillions of Wan into it's defenses...
Both are pursuing an alliance with the other...
Both Russian and Chinese nuclear subs are more and more frequently caught patrolling off our coastal waters...while Russian Bear long range bombers reappear off of Canadian and Alaskan coasts, testing the defenses
of the USA and Canada...
North Korea starts testing medium and long range missiles...
Japan squawks...FOUL.
North Korea starts selling weapons of mass destruction to Venezuela...Chavez meets with Castro,.. The USA cries foul.
The USA shadows a North Korean ship, suspected of carrying something nefarious...the ship plays cat and mouse for awhile, goes back home for no explained reason...
In the USA both NASA and the Air Force send up new "weather satellites" in the same year...we also shot down a dead satellite with a new type of missile...as a show of defense!
Google sends up a new mapping satellite.
Then China sends up a French " weather" satellite..Soon China does the same thing...followed by India. ( all nuclear nations )
The United States Defense Departments computer network is hacked, and shut down briefly...China is suspected.
Ahmadinejab of IRAN says they will send up a new " weather satellite" with their new rocket as well.
Japan launches " weather satellite" and vows to enter the space race.
Question; how many "weather satellites" or "other types" does it take to record and watch the Earths "weather"? Apparently...thousands over fifty years!
The big question isn't will the dollar tank? ( it already has ) The bigger event to worry about, is endless Jihad, and rogue Israel.
We may have a huge worn out, creaking, groaning military in the USA...but it isn't the biggest or the most powerful. ( propaganda) The USA cannot afford a long protracted war, especially a limited nuclear one. This is what our enemies know, and are counting on. Insolvency, and a nation of gutless pacifistic sheeple that won't fight. The USA is eviscerating itself as the promised "Hope and Change you can believe in" unfolds. The world will not only dump the dollar, it will dump us as well. The last days of "Unbridled Imperialism" from the USA is at hand.
The hell hounds have tasted our blood, and now they want to go for the kill.
I suspect that many more "weather satellites" are about to be launched!
Gold sales escalate to new heights.
Guns too!
Take cover!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

I replied to a comment made concerning Israel.
"Israel have nothing that any of those countries wants or need"
Original post by marg6043 reply to John Matrix.
I always defend Israel.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

Which part of the NWO wrote and that fantasy of s super China, collapsing U.S., be afraid, very afraid nonsense that you have bought into?

China is a huge ecological disaster in the making. Unless China's government changes its totalitarian ways, China will never make it passed 2nd world nation status. They can only continue to poison their environment for so long before it comes back to haunt them, and this is already starting.

Russia's economy is dependent upon oil exports, and that is a guaranteed, short term only deal. They have a few decades at the most as an oil producing nation. Russia needs to come up with some products, besides weapons and oil, it can sell to the world, a successful automobile, truck, tractor, commercial airliner, something, if they are going to have an economic future. As oil production continues to decline in the Middle East, Russia will have a dwindling customer base.

India has promise, but they are a long, long ways from developing into anything remotely first world.

N Korea just needs a trail of crumbs to come out of the cold. If the GW admin hadn't bungled their foreign policy so badly, N. Korea would have probably turned its back on communism in this last decade. Hey, the GOP needs bad guys like N Korea, desperately, to keep the sheoples fooled.

Oil in the Middle East is running out, and from all the years of prosperity, the Middle East has yet to begin to develop any kind of an economy that will survive after the oil runs out. They have blown too much money promoting Islam, and not nearly enough creating some kind of alternative economy. When the oil runs out, they will be a very desperate people.

Israel has the one commodity that does not run out, technological innovation, and that is the real gold standard of modern economies. The first world nations have it, and the rest don't, and they never will, until they get rid of their oppressive and corrupt governments. Just ask S. Korea.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I replied to a comment made concerning Israel.
"Israel have nothing that any of those countries wants or need"
Original post by marg6043 reply to John Matrix.
I always defend Israel.

You always defend Isreal?

How does this deal with the OP? Im not calling you out or anything, but I would like your opinion on the topic and how they are controlling our currency that is traded against most other foreign currencies?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Israel gets blamed for everything.The jews were blamed for the economy
in pre -world war2 germany.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The dollar is going to fall hard!!!Our economy is going down the tubes.
This collapse will more than likely result in a total world breakdown of
the financial institute.
Then we will be saved by a new world order!!!!!
One government,One economy,One world religion!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I didn't say the other nations were smarter, or more advanced. They may have messed up regimes and governments that think like it is 1500 AD...but they are tapped into the modern technological paradigm. Rogue nations with moronic leaders who see themselves as little Napoleons, that then get a hold of nasty weapons, usually try to show they have the cojones to use them.

Also, it would be a very unwise opinion to think that the Russians are fools, and can't be a super power. Like wise the Chinese.

Israel may have the brains to lead the way on some innovations...but they are morons when it comes to dealing with their neighbors, and honoring their sovereignty. I am sick of them always blaming everyone else for their strife. They bring much of it on themselves...

Mostly the whole post was tongue in cheek humor at the absurdity and futility of the world wide situation. Everyone wants to be a player and a winner. No one wants to be the loser. Every major power on the planet, thinks that they have the rights to all the raw natural resources for their domestic needs, and the rest of the planet can go to hell! The day is fast approaching, that those resources will be stretched to the limit. Fresh water included.
The only avenue anyone seems to have, is to send up more "weather satellites".

Technology will only carry the human species so far. Then the gig is up.
The last waltz is playing right now!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Confused and Dazed!

I figured it was tongue and cheek, that is the goal of most of my posts.

How could anyone take this any differently is beyond me. Too many people take discussions on a conspiracy site far too seriously in my opinion.

Yeah, these third world nations have tapped into the modern technological paradigm and drink of its sweet nectar, but they don't contribute a lot to the pot, and sure like to place blame when the nectar isn't flowing. The oligarchies that control most of this planet take full advantage of blaming the first world for the problems created by these oligarchies.

Why is most of this planet locked off from people of the first world? Why can't I enjoy my God given rights anywhere on this planet? Whose rights are being protected by these third world oppressive regimes demanding autonomy and independence from the influence of the first world? The rights of the depots, that is all.

No, the Chinese and the Russians aren't fools, just too greedy and controlling. There is a reason that they have yet to achieve first world status, and it isn't lack of ability or ambition on the part of their people. Where is the evidence that they have changed their ways to take the steps to become first world nations? I don't see it.

It isn't that the Israelis are morons when it comes to dealing with their neighbors, it is their neighbors who are the morons. Palestine is the most densely populated place on Earth, and what is their birth rate? How does Islam get along with India, or in Africa, or in Europe, or in China, or Russia. See a pattern?

Technology isn't the problem, the problems of humanity are the same old problems, arrogance, greed, selfishness. If anything things have gotten far better as technology continues to advance. The world was a heck of a lot more brutal 500 years ago, or a thousand years ago, or 67 years ago.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Jim Sinclair comments on his recent trip to China , $USD dynamics , market rally , and of course....Gold. One of the sharpest tools in the shed imo , JS doesn't do that many interviews.

Just posted....

GoldSeekRadio Golden Nugget , i.e. special edition.

Duration: 22:28

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Dump the Dollar? Are you sure?

I think the Dollar is about to rally big against the Euro.

You have got to be a Joker if you think America is down and out.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
China is a huge ecological disaster in the making. Unless China's government changes its totalitarian ways, China will never make it passed 2nd world nation status. They can only continue to poison their environment for so long before it comes back to haunt them, and this is already starting.

Russia's economy is dependent upon oil exports, and that is a guaranteed, short term only deal. They have a few decades at the most as an oil producing nation. Russia needs to come up with some products, besides weapons and oil, it can sell to the world, a successful automobile, truck, tractor, commercial airliner, something, if they are going to have an economic future. As oil production continues to decline in the Middle East, Russia will have a dwindling customer base.

India has promise, but they are a long, long ways from developing into anything remotely first world.

Oil in the Middle East is running out, and from all the years of prosperity, the Middle East has yet to begin to develop any kind of an economy that will survive after the oil runs out. They have blown too much money promoting Islam, and not nearly enough creating some kind of alternative economy. When the oil runs out, they will be a very desperate people.

Israel has the one commodity that does not run out, technological innovation, and that is the real gold standard of modern economies. The first world nations have it, and the rest don't, and they never will, until they get rid of their oppressive and corrupt governments. Just ask S. Korea.

A succicnt summation of the "other" superpowers. Both China and Russia have endemic problems few understand. Huge countries lacking the natural river systems and internal transportation networks that make the movement of goods from one place to another economically viable. Both spend an inordinate amount of their revenues just holding their vast countries together and their outlying populations in check.

Beijing has been subsidizing the non-performing South and West regions for decades with little positive results. The economy is on the verge of imploding any day.

Russia feels compelled to expand on it's borders to create buffers for security. A historic fear of invasion and encroachment that funnels huge portions of their national revenues to militarization, intelligence, security.

As you point out the economic success formula is simple - large scale manufacturing of goods people everywhere want. Supply and demand. Europe and America figured it out. Japan, South Korea, and others have caught on. The mark-up on finished products is 10 times that of a barrel of oil or rice.

The Middle East could be the wealthiest region of the world given their abundance of natural resources. Their ignorant despotic regime leadership, inherent tribalism, lack of practical education, refusal to acknowledge what the Industrial Revolution taught, has made a few Middle Eastern families and their cronies fabulously wealthy. But little has trickled down to the populations at large. Maybe 2-5% of the population have something resembling a quality of life and freedom of choice. Enforced ignorance and the suppression of dissent are a way of life.

Mike

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Hey mmiichael, how ya doing?

And so the smartest and most ambitious people of the world make their way to the U.S. or Europe, or some other developed country, to find a better life, and this is why the dollar will remain strong. U.S. productivity is still the gold standard for the world, and we are still the place that is most likely to come up with the next great technological break through.

Now, we as a nation currently have some serious problems, the rich got too greedy, and we need to reinstate usury laws, and restrict interest rates down to at least below 15% max. Our federal government needs to start doing a lot more to combat white collar crime, which more than anything could probably turn our economy around.

With our productivity levels, the need for workers continues to decline. This is a problem that will not go away. We are moving more and more in the direction of where only a small percentage of the people can produce all the goods and services for everyone. We actually don't need everyone to pitch in, in order for everyone to eat and live indoors with all the modern conveniences. Instead of a problem of deciding who gets to eat, we have a problem figuring out who gets to work. Technology has turned the struggle for survival formula upside down. we aren't suffering from a lack of goods and services, we are suffering from a lack of jobs.

During the last great depression, the work week was changed from the historical six days a week, with rest on the seventh, to five days a week. It is time we changed the work week to a four day schedule, maybe even a three day schedule.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by poet1b]

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

And so the smartest and most ambitious people of the world make their way to the U.S. or Europe, or some other developed country, to find a better life, and this is why the dollar will remain strong. U.S. productivity is still the gold standard for the world, and we are still the place that is most likely to come up with the next great technological break through.

Our federal government needs to start doing a lot more to combat white collar crime, which more than anything could probably turn our economy around.

With our productivity levels, the need for workers continues to decline. This is a problem that will not go away. We are moving more and more in the direction of where only a small percentage of the people can produce all the goods and services for everyone. We actually don't need everyone to pitch in, in order for everyone to eat and live indoors with all the modern conveniences. Instead of a problem of deciding who gets to eat, we have a problem figuring out who gets to work. Technology has turned the struggle for survival formula upside down. we aren't suffering from a lack of goods and services, we are suffering from a lack of jobs.

Hi pb.

Your assessment is pretty much on the money. America has the resiliency and resourcefulness to bounce back from even a disastrous economic setback like the current one. Much moreso than contenders like China and Russia who have been growing based on increases in confined sectors that are susceptible to supply and demand changes.

I'll disagree that the answer to the perceived decreasing demand for labour is less hours. A very big mistake the US and other Western countries have made is rashly outsourcing offshore the bulk of their actual productivity. In the short term this may have made a Walmart more profitable, but hard goods manufacturing and regional factories were what allowed a middle class to thrive across the continent. Increased paper pushing and filling those Walmart shelves has not been a real substitute. A whole way of life for tens of millions of factory workers has been disassembled within a generation. Millions once with substantial take home packets and benefits are now doing two or three part-time jobs like delivering pizzas, repping product lines, etc. But their incomes are a fraction of what they had been.

And the cost of cross world transporting goes up with fuel prices. Had those tens of thousands of production centres across the land been left intact, the economic picture would be rosier for so many more, even if their bosses were making a few million less a year.

Europe is in rougher shape than most realize, too. They produce very little now in the way of high demand imports. French wines and perfumes, Italian shoes, German cameras, are not the basis for economies supporting a few hundred million.

This issue of self-sufficiency and keeping production local might become a major political issue. It should. Watch for states offering incentives for new industries. If planned properly, a rebirth of manufacturing could help balance the budget as more workers pay more in taxes and dormant regions become restimulated.

Maybe a pipe dream, but necessity is the mother of invention.

Mike

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join