It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity - History's Greatest Scam

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I'd like to start off with a quote from David Hume - with regards to the so-called immaculate conception
"What is more likely? That the whole natural order be suspended? Or that a Jewish minx should tell a lie?"
I think this basically sums up the moronic origins of Christianity - it has no weight or factual backing. It is clearly an amalgamation of earlier polytheistic religions (specifically Egyptian worship of Ra) and the virgin birth is not something unique - in fact countless other older tales tell of a similar occurrence. There is nothing original or memorable about Christianity, and it spreads immoral teachings, hidden like a coiled serpent, within it's stupid book. Vicarious redemption? What kind of nonsense is this:
www.youtube.com...
Hitchens' explains this disgusting concept very well. Who would dare claim to be able to wash away your sins - your sins that have been committed against others. What selfish backwards thinking is this? Garbage is all I can say....absolute garbage

[edit on 24-7-2009 by makinho21]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I like your style! Keep going. You need to understand why all the various cultures are telling the same story - only in THEIR own cultural way.
The stories are not literal.
They are all symbolic.
It is a language of its own.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
If you think that Christianity is backwards and garbage, why are you wasting your time discussing it? I don't go to my neighbors and talk about trash.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Sometimes throwing rocks at the hornets nest is the best way to figure out the nature of things.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Christianity is not,has never been and will never be a sham.Christianity is the only path to the true God.And it is definitely not an amalgamation of pagan beliefs.All the so called similarities btw xtianity and ancient mystery religions represent different things.The sacrifice of the pagan odin and other pagan gods on the tree symbolize the sacrifice of the higher man for the lower man(Adam and Eves shift from a divine nature to a sinful nature) and the tree represents the forbidden tree that they chose.It is this tree that killed them and gave them a new nature.The sacrifice of Christ symbolizes the sacrifice of the lower man for the higher man.(Jesus sacrificing his earthly nature for a divine nature.And the cross(tree)He died on represents the tree of life.The tree that seeks to destroy(kill)our sinful nature(col 3:2-3)and give us a divine nature.
Also,The virgin birth of the sun god horus symbolizes the fact that in order to be born into the new age one needs to undergo a luciferic initiation.Mystics refer to lucifer as their sun and light so they deem it necessary to be reborn of Him because their first birth by an earthly father isn't sufficient.so the virgin birth symbolizes the fact that it is a spiritual luciferan initiation and not a physical rebirth by an earthly father.
On the other hand,Jesus birth from a virgin symbolizes the fact that in order to be born of God,We need to be reborn of his spirit to be changed to bear his Image.Our 1st earthly birth is insufficient.That is what His virgin birth symbolizes.
So even though there might be so called similarities btw The true Christ and Pagan savior gods,The fact remains the similarities mean different things.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

This video speaks volumes
great for when you need a little "pick me upper"

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Given as that original sin is defiance of God, Mary the mother of Jesus, the woman who was faithful (to God) in the extreme, was the Immaculate Conception, also translated as virgin.

In addition to this;

it is possible for a woman who has never had sexual intercourse to become pregnant

elsewhere in the animal kingdom, females can and do reproduce without the contribution of the male/sperm

science has now found a way to impregnate without gonad produced sperm.

Reference to the virgin birth is not strong enough to refute the validity of the Christian faith.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Christianity is not the fault in itself but the High Priest(who's lineage up until today, back then he ruled the pharoahs and further on the kings, princes etc) who knew about the speed of thought and science of imagery took it upon himself to distort the true teachings of Jesus with false teachings. The illuminati as they are so called are not the ones ruling the earth they are the pawns to the high priest(who is not known in any news or papers anywhere and has no body guards but keeps a low profile) and he is able to distort and thwart their plans aswell. Another way to help enslave humanity. The bible has much to do with the NWO but not in the way the christians think of it as a prophecy. The revelations were indeed put there by the dark ones to make manifest for the last days into the new age where they want their darkness and destruction to rule. It is to not succeed.
They did this so that people will not know their true nature with creator, which is to co-create and return the earth to paradise.
The high priests son who he is going to teach his secrets that has been passed down can only break it when he trully finds his love to share his space of love with. His Father will try and stop this happening with his son.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Applesandoranges]

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Another in the daily line of Christian bashing threads.

A miracle is something that defies known common laws, therefore, a Virgin Birth is a miracle. Of course natural laws must be suspended for the Virgin Birth to occur, else it wouldn't be a miracle!!!!

The circular reasoning should be obvious. Miracles are unlikely. Which is more likely - a miracle or a lie, a lie, therefore a lie is more likely than a miracle. Miracles are unlikely. Which is more likely - a miracle or a lie, a lie, therefore a lie is more likely than a miracle. Miracles are unlikely. Which is more likely - a miracle or a lie, a lie, therefore a lie is more likely than a miracle. Miracles are unlikely. Which is more likely - a miracle or a lie, a lie, therefore a lie is more likely than a miracle. Miracles are unlikely. Which is more likely - a miracle or a lie, a lie, therefore a lie is more likely than a miracle.....get the idea.
This kind of fuzzy thinking is obviously going to produce the disired outcome. However, no matter how many times it is repeated, the miracle could still have happened, precisely because it is a one off experience.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by makinho21

Friend, if you knew Him, instead of just ABOUT Him...you would think differently....

OT

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by speakplain

Another in the daily line of Christian bashing threads.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the thread earlier this morning. Is it me, or are there more and more of these lately?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by speakplain

No it couldn't have happened my friend. This type of nonsense does not occur. Humans reproduce sexually...that is the bottom line. You can pretend to refute it with your obfuscation, but in the end, you are only lying to yourself.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by teapot
Given as that original sin is defiance of God, Mary the mother of Jesus, the woman who was faithful (to God) in the extreme, was the Immaculate Conception, also translated as virgin.
Reference to the virgin birth is not strong enough to refute the validity of the Christian faith.

You have confused two different things :

* the virgin birth (Mary's birth of Jesus)
* the immaculate conception (Anne's conception of Mary)

A common error.

K.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

hahahaha that is awesome. Yes thank you for that...I doubt these crazy Jesus-lovers even bothered to watch this; it probably angers them too much because what can they really say in response? Thank you once again

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

You make some pretty ridiculous points, that more or less have no bearing on the validity of this stupid fable you believe in. First off - yes artificial insemination does exist, however you need sperm. It only came about 1884. So fail on that point - mind you it didn't help your case because it requires SPERM.
Asexual reproduction ofcourse does exist. Humans do not reproduce asexually. We do not have the mechanism for it. Even hermaphrodites, who are born with both pairs of sexual organs are unable to reproduce - the organs don't work properly. They are usually sterile due to chromosomal malfunction. Anyways, there is no reason to bring this up other than try and make it seem as if it supports your outlandish dogma - which it doesn't.
Furthermore it sounds like you are talking about parthenogenesis, which does occur in the animal kingdom, however, it has never been documented in humans or mammals to occur naturally. Basically it is cloning so unless Jesus looked like a Jewish tramp (ie: his mother) then this has no place in our debate. If that is what you want to cling to, in desperate hope of somehow making sense of your ludicrous believe, so be it, but don't try and twist fact to support your fiction.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Jeez Op,
Why are you hating on God and Jesus so much?
Such ferver!
What traumatizing event did you experience as a child that has left you despising a subject you seem to be so consumed with?

Seems extremely ironic.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Are the standards of ATS becoming more lax by the day, or is it just me?

Is there a CONSPIRACY in here somewhere?

Has this turned into the Bash Christianity subforum?

Is there a reason why this wasn't added to one of the countless near identical threads on ATS?

I hope this finds a home on BTS Faith and Spirituality quickly.

Eric

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

The scam is that Christianity is passed off as this righteous and proper collection of beliefs and teachings, and that it is deemed improper for one to criticize or oppose it, and yet, the underlying core principles are immoral and destructive.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I dont care what You can invent against God. I simply like Christianity...Not only the ideals of mercy and tolerance but also the Holy Cruasades and the way it keept the godles islamists and likes of you away...

[edit on 24-7-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

[edit on 24-7-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by arth247
Christianity is not,has never been and will never be a sham.Christianity is the only path to the true God.And it is definitely not an amalgamation of pagan beliefs.All the so called similarities btw xtianity and ancient mystery religions represent different things.The sacrifice of the pagan odin and other pagan gods on the tree symbolize the sacrifice of the higher man for the lower man(Adam and Eves shift from a divine nature to a sinful nature) and the tree represents the forbidden tree that they chose.It is this tree that killed them and gave them a new nature.The sacrifice of Christ symbolizes the sacrifice of the lower man for the higher man.(Jesus sacrificing his earthly nature for a divine nature.And the cross(tree)He died on represents the tree of life.The tree that seeks to destroy(kill)our sinful nature(col 3:2-3)and give us a divine nature.
Also,The virgin birth of the sun god horus symbolizes the fact that in order to be born into the new age one needs to undergo a luciferic initiation.Mystics refer to lucifer as their sun and light so they deem it necessary to be reborn of Him because their first birth by an earthly father isn't sufficient.so the virgin birth symbolizes the fact that it is a spiritual luciferan initiation and not a physical rebirth by an earthly father.
On the other hand,Jesus birth from a virgin symbolizes the fact that in order to be born of God,We need to be reborn of his spirit to be changed to bear his Image.Our 1st earthly birth is insufficient.That is what His virgin birth symbolizes.
So even though there might be so called similarities btw The true Christ and Pagan savior gods,The fact remains the similarities mean different things.

I think your post punctuates one of the major problems with Christianity as a literal belief system: to make any sense of it at all, it has to be so wrapped up in symbolism as to make any literal interpretation effectively meaningless.

Peace,
Daniel

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join