It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space exploration volunteers wanted (The catch? It's a one-way ticket)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
A similar offer was made some years ago...

"Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success."
Sir Ernest Shackleton

The advert ran nearly a 100 years ago and was for an expedition to the Antarctic. I wonder how that panned out...

In the spirit of 'one-way' adventures and exploration...Bill Stone fits the bill...I posted it on a thread about the guy so I know the frickin video won't post.

I recommend it to anyone interested in adventure...makes you want to go and sign up for a one way ticket straight away!

Bill Stone...Mining the Moon and Mars

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

I'm sure the "volunteers" would be from the cream of humankind. You know, like criminals, terrorists, baby killers and political dissenters. That would be great.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I could explore 3rd density space just by means of out-of-the-body experiences at no cost or risk whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky
Great........the volunteer list for colonization of space is going to consist of people who feel they have nothing left to lose.....terminal illness, no loved ones, etc....good grief listen to yourselves!
You are saying yes and then you're gonna go with that attitude??!! Intergalactic slavery. What are you gonna do when youget to the mines on Mars? Sing Kumbaya ? So that it becomes the Martian slavery gospel music?

For mars you would need some thermite patches. Cut through one of the tunnels and drop down. Then you have water.

Look for an "on" switch, and brother there better be one, or you will starve to death.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Not in a million years!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It's a ridiculous idea.

robots would be better.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
"let us do this" im all for it. im cool with the one way ticket.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Oh yes so the PTB can make you disappear in 'suspended animation'.

Or... the slow, deliberately technologically crippled trip that you'd probably have to take, whilst at the mercy of the sun.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
cool!! looks like someone has been reading my thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You would really have to be pretty smart to travel space, even if your capsul is remote controlled, just in case you have to emergency land. Didn't you see apollo 13?

Personally, I am obviously not smart. Especially not smart enough to plot a star course.
And while I would miss 7-11, wal-mart, and the other luxeries of America, not to mention the oxygen
If I had the oppertunity to do something as earthchanging as work on the moon or mars, I would take it.

I would just have to take one of those silicone robot cyborg hookers and an i-phone.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by president]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I would volunteer. I'm 22, physically fit, mentally stable, intelligent and non-religious.

Am I in, yet?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm so down...a chance to get off this planet and explore space? SIGN ME UP

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
ughh someone took my idea for a movie! well similiar but not quite the same.

Anyway, this could be considered torture. I would probably go insane within the first week... knowing I was going to die alone in the middle of space, probably starving to death. It's a fun idea but not for me!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

Stop Dreaming........They have enough problems lifting off with the Space Shuttle and still debate how to get a manned mission to Mars!
These so called scientists believe in dreams and obviously watch way too much Star Trek etc....
Do you really think these governments are interested in this......they would rather go around the world starting wars etc.

We are primitive beings in both our Physical capacity and our Mental thought processes......

The only way this will happen is if we get an intervention from a superior race!!!

Peace....

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Can I volunteer my mother-in-law?

No, really.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If you don't like those road trips down to Florida - stay away!

I always dreamed of going into space...but to risk my life? Nah.

Maybe when I am like 60 or 70, and If I am not doing so well here on earth by then, sign me up!

Might be a bit old by then though...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Deltron 3030 would be some mandatory listening materials. Maybe in 100 years I would go, or in Niburu or some asteroids from the belt came our way if Saturn expirienced another gravity wobble.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The only way I would do it is if I had a terminal illness, and hopefully i'll land on a planet with an advanced civilization that can cure me lol.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
wow this is like my dream, but now that is kinda possible, im not quite sure i wanna get away of my family

It would be quite nice tho.

I wonder if my rolex would work in the ship

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If they are considering sending people on one-way expidition then why don't we just take it one step further and design a mothership in space that can support and significant amount of people by allowing them to grow their own crops and give birth. It could ultimately be allowed to return to earth but would never need to. Should even be able to orbit other planets and send probes or manned ships. We have the technology.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join