It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr. President, we have a problem

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
"Obama recalls Apollo 11 splashdown in Hawaii – while he lived in Indonesia"

On this week's 40th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, President Obama praised the pioneering American astronauts and recalled his own childhood memories in Hawaii of NASA capsules splashing down in the Pacific.

But Houston, we have a problem. The president actually lived in Indonesia in 1969.

Obama met with Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin in the Oval Office July 20 to commemorate the historic landing.

Source Link: www.wnd.com...

I truly hope this is the last thread I post on this topic as it is starting to become more and more obvious to me that Mr. Obama is hiding something. Just as Hillary is hiding behind illegal donations from Stan Lee and his partners that inprisoned her campaign manger in 2000. Like John Kerry hiding behind his actual service record as Bush Jr hid behind Chaney about everything.

I'm now keeping an eye on all reports waiting for the hat to fall with somebody at World Net Daily. I hope they do something origanal as these suicide hangings are becoming also obvious. But as Ricky used to say "Obama, you've got some splaining to do"

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Ultimately the whole charade might be a ploy to bring in some form of positive ID for the next generation.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Too funny
Obama never fails to impress me when he speaks off the cuff like this. This brings back memories of Hillary's account of bullets fired by snipers whizzing by her head in Bosnia.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
More evidence that his past is completely fabricated.

S&F

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Obama is doing a magnificent job selling health care reform and energy reform and spending trillions, he only has 57 states to go in his sales tour.

He should not be bothered with such trivial issues as the Apollo missions.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Has anyone beside WND spoke about this? It should be all over the MSM, oh wait, what am I saying?
Everyone knows that when people can't keep their stories straight, they are obviously lying. His story is so embellished too....

The country continues to draw inspiration from what you've done. I should note, just personally, I grew up in Hawaii, as many of you know, and I still recall sitting on my grandfather's shoulders when those capsules would land in the middle of the Pacific and they'd get brought back and we'd go out and we'd pretend like they could see us as we were waving at folks coming home. And I remember waving American flags and my grandfather telling me that the Apollo mission was an example of how Americans can do anything they put their minds to.
Wow, what a great inspiring LIE!!!
He was in Indonesia at the time of this and this proves it ..
According to White House transcript www.whitehouse.gov...

He engaged in an exchange with the Indonesian reporter, who informed the president he lived 300 meters from the house Obama grew up in.
"Is that right?" asked Obama
"Yes, Menteng Dalam," replied the reporter.
"Except now it's all paved," said Obama.
"Yes, it's all paved," the reporter said.

So which is it young feller? Hawaii or Indonesia?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
See...if he had been a more experienced politician he would have learned by now that lies are SO much harder to keep track of than the truth....

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

good catch there!

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This was his words:

I grew up in Hawaii, as many of you know, and I still recall sitting on my grandfather's shoulders when those capsules would land in the middle of the Pacific and they'd get brought back and we'd go out and we'd pretend like they could see us as we were waving at folks coming home

This are the capsule splashdowns in the Pacific:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/af6b6c7e58f89798.png[/atsimg]

And here's one for the Atlantic (for good measure):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/c856f2e1c4385b6d.png[/atsimg]

I don't see anything in the mentioned quote that gives a time reference of 1969. So, saying that he lived in Indonesia when the Apollo programs was in it's prime doesn't prove or disprove anything.

There were plenty of splashdowns for President Obama to witness.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by tyranny22]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rams59lb
"Obama, you've got some splaining to do"

Uh, well, you see, here's the thing, I lived in Indonesia but uh, we frequently visited my grandparents in Hawaii and uh, we were there at the time of the Apollo thing. Next question please...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The fact is that there were many Apollo landings. He probably got the Apollo 11 landing confused with another landing. Our memories from 35 years ago aren't going to be clear, this really isn't good evidence of a conspiracy at all. The most logical answer is that he was recalling another Apollo landing.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by aceofspades314

I'd like to thank you for probably clearing that little misunderstanding up. Probably he is confused. Probably he just got mixed up. Probably he lied.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
s & f
obama looks like his secret past is unraveling bit by bit, can he keep this secret consealed for the rest of his presidency ?.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
Ultimately the whole charade might be a ploy to bring in some form of positive ID for the next generation.

That was truly a thought provoking statement. You know, now that you mentioned it, it seems to fit. Once the issue of his credibility has been resolved, what better way to enforce Radio Frequency Identification Chips?

Wow. That would be a totally genious checkmate move. RFID Journal for Business

Radio frequency identification, a powerful emerging technology that enables companies to better track assets, tools and inventory, can also be employed for a variety of other applications as well, across every industry.

What is the definition of "assets" by governmental minds which we all now know as Corporate America since the bailouts began?

Obama's speaking off the teleprompter always reveals new tidbits that bring up yet more doubts. If he says he saw the landings and we doubt him, then later, after the doubting thomas' reach critical mass, his handlers will decide the optimum moment to reveal his longform BC which will lead to global implementation of the Radio Frequency Identification Chips in all humans. Hmmm?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Obama moved back to Hawaii in 1971. The last Apollo mission was in December, 1972.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It occurs to me that maybe obama doesn't even know he's lying,all he probably knows is what his less than chaste mother and radical father told him.Maybe he was lied to by the people in his life.How many bro's and sis's does he have?does any one really know about their childhood or are their memory's formed by what they're told by their caregivers and family?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

Well, there you have it he must have been there for at least one of them.

That would have been Apollo 17 right?

If so I believe that Apollo 17 splashed down and the crew were recovered in Pacific waters near American Samoa which is closer to Australia than Hawaii... But hey whats a few thousand miles or dates, maybe as a child he thought he was there?

Maybe the memories were implanted?

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Those are valid points you make regarding the splashdowns that Obama may have witnessed first hand as he sat on his Grandfather's shoulders, except for one thing, ...
his Grandfather did not live in Indonesia with little Barry!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
Obama moved back to Hawaii in 1971. The last Apollo mission was in December, 1972.

I think that we could avoid these threads if people would stop quoting worldnetdaily articles like they are a reputable source of news. The Apollo 11 capsule was not the one and only to land in the ocean. Obama's quote in the article, and I use that term loosely since a quote and ridiculous accusation is not an article, says nothing about being in Hawaii during the splashdown of the Apollo 11 capsule.

Obama didn't move to Indonesia until 1967 and returned in 1972. The Apollo program ran between 1961 and 1972, including numerous manned flights with capsules. The Gemini program had 10 manned space flights between 1965 and 1966. It's quite reasonable that he remembers a few of these, both from before he left and soon after he got back.

If you people had been so attentive to Bush, he wouldn't have been able to invade Iraq for no apparent reason. This knee-jerk reaction to everything Obama says is only making you guys behave more and more irrationally. Do you really think that nonsense like this is gaining you more credibility?

[edit on 24-7-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well by all accounts he was born in '61...was in Hawaii until he was 6..left for Indonesia in '67...and came back in '71...so perfectly possible to have seen a splashdown. I do think he's hiding something though..it's just not this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join