It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any difference between slavery and the idea of jobs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dysth

I am not saying that one should not pay taxes. And i agree governments are not profitable BUT, the people that works for the gov -at least at resonable high level- are indeed involved and they search for profit. This people would not sit in those positions if they were not backed up by the private corporations, whatever the company needs to be done, they will see that any rule or law preventing their will is disolved, this is global and it does affect the farmers..maybe more in Sweden than any other place. Swedish people are the BEST in obay any authority.
I know.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It's all a matter of who you are working for. Slavery is working for someone else. IE: someone else gets the benefit of your labor. A job means you work for yourself.

While you may at a job work for someone else, you are paid in exchange for your services. So you are still working for your own benefit/self.

The reason people are economic slaves is because of how the money itself is handled. Certain people are allowed the power to add money to the system when they want, and decide who gets that money. This "wealth" they "create" actually gets it wealth from the existing currency. Meaning, they are constantly stealing wealth and the benefits of their labor from the people.

That devalues your current dollar, and causes prices to go up. Inflation is what it's called, and why a car was so cheap in 1960, and is so expensive now, price of a gallon of milk, and the real reason gas prices increase.

Even worse, they issue that money out in the form of "loans". So you are not only stolen from when they create the money, but we actually have to pay the money they stole in the first place back!

And that's not even the worse part. Not only does the money which got it's wealth from the people in the first place have to be paid back, it also has to be paid back with interest! And that interest money is never created in the first place.

So what does that do? It creates a shortage of money. As the interest money is never created, it is impossible to get out of debt unless you manage to get a piece of the pie from someone else. Of which someone somewhere comes up short(many). Meanwhile, those who get that newly created money all the time, never have to worry. Because they can easily just keep getting the new money to pay the previous interest+payments. And all the while, the people themselves are paying for it.

Eventually the interest gets so high and the value of the dollar so low they start having to add trillions just to keep it going. But there is a limit. Eventually so many will be added that the dollar becomes completely worthless and we end up like pre-ww2 germany.

The entire monetary system is a scam. You see everyone talking about the national debt this, the national debt that. But why don't they ever talk about who that money is owed too?

No money is not the answer. What the current system does is just allow them to "suck on the tit of the people", where they steal the resources of the people. A resource based system just flat out gives them all the resources and makes you an even bigger slave. You don't get anything siphoned, because you don't own any to begin with.

Honest money is what is needed, rather than fractional banking and legalized counterfeiting. At the very least the newly created money should not be a loan, and have no interest. That right there would get rid of the income tax, since the income tax only goes towards paying interest on the national debt.

So ask - Why is the money which came from the wealth of the people loaned out to the American people with interest?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bagel

Is this not what capitalism is all about? This is exactly what the USA stands for.
What needs to happen to change this? A meteorite? A sunblast? UFO´s caring for us? Earthquake? 2012?
We need to start from the begining..

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

This would be truth if salary depended on how much one beneffits the comunity. We all know this is not the case, in my world a nurse is worth a LOT more than a pop star...lol the genitor in that hospital is worth more than a pop star.

It is a matter of how the earths resourses are distributed. The inbalance started long long time ago.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

You are lucky if you can take time off work without consequence. Most people don't have a choice weather they work or not. In most cases, its work or die. Thats the reality, and that is very much slavery.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Very good points, OP.

I recommend that any of you who are curious about this to listen to the audio books of Robert Kiyosaki.

He talks about wage slavery quite a bit.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by gusan
reply to post by badmedia

This would be truth if salary depended on how much one beneffits the comunity. We all know this is not the case, in my world a nurse is worth a LOT more than a pop star...lol the genitor in that hospital is worth more than a pop star.

It is a matter of how the earths resourses are distributed. The inbalance started long long time ago.

There was a time when a man could work down at the local factory, support his entire family and still live rather comfortably. The reason was because the amount of theft and inflation at the time was very low. But because of the constant inflation, which is a transfer of wealth from the poor to the rich, it is no longer that way.

Because people are having to pay back all the money they get(because all money comes from the loans initially), it means that there isn't ever enough money to go around(by default/design). So that means people have to "take" from anothers piece of the pie, which is why the above no longer happens.

The hardest hit by this system are the poor. They are on fixed income. Inflation hits, the price of milk and other goods goes up, but their income does not. What they could buy before on their fixed income is no longer possible. They are able to buy less and less over time. The poor get poorer. Those at the top getting all the new money created are the ones who got that extra wealth from that poor person. Constant transfer of wealth.

The debt has gotten so bad, that it has started eating out the middle class. Even getting into people who once had millions in the bank.

So in short, it is impossible for those people to be paid what they are worth because there isn't enough money in circulation to do so. It starts out nice, but overtime it keeps going and going until the point where people are gouging each other for the extra piece of the pie in order to pay back that loan+interest. The higher the debt gets in total, the more the interest is due, and the more gouging that goes on.

An honest and debt free money system is what is needed.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is certainly an interesting thread. As we are living in the first real money-based society, slavery doesn't work as well as it did in past societies. Sure, Romans used money, but not nearly the way we do today.

The reason slavery was abolished in our society is not because we became humanists, but simply because the powers that be realized that it was cheaper to pay someone to do a job, than to have to pay for their every need. The bonus is that the average worker never realizes this.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
There are plenty of differences, lets see:

I can chose the profession I want to work. Slaves can't

I can chose to quit my job when I want. Slaves can't

I can choose not to work if I don't want to. Slaves can't

During off work hours I can go where I please. Slaves can't

I get paid vacation time. Slaves don't

I can pickup and move when I want. Slaves can't

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
"There are plenty of differences, lets see:

I can chose the profession I want to work. Slaves can't

I can chose to quit my job when I want. Slaves can't

I can choose not to work if I don't want to. Slaves can't

During off work hours I can go where I please. Slaves can't

I get paid vacation time. Slaves don't

I can pickup and move when I want. Slaves can't"

Ok, you can't choose your profession, you can suggest it and hope someone with pull in that profession chooses you.

How long can you quit your job for? I'm not comparing a specific job to slavery but every job in this type of economy.

You can choose not to work but then you will have a hard time surviving.

For the last 3, you are thinking of this slavery as one man with a piece of and owning you when you should be thinking of it as a system that owns the entire world, so technically you can't go anywhere they don't allow. Try going overseas and coming back without a passport and let me know how that goes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join