It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How's your handwriting these days?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
"Penmanship" or "handwriting" used to be a required course in most if not all primary schools. These days its very rare to find actual seperate courses in this topic.

Even if you studied it as a youth, as we have grown computers have taken over much of our lives and modes of communication. The amount of actual, pen-on-paper physical writing most people do has decreased dramatically over the last decade or so with the rise of computers and the Internet.

So...under the "use it or lose it" dictum, one would expect handwritng quality and ability to decline with lack of regular use. Have you noticed this in yourself?

I still do a fair amount of longhand writing in journals and elsewhere, but my handwriting has never been particularly neat or beautiful. I was wondering if others had experienced any marked decline in the quality of their handwriting with the rise of digital communications.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I actually actively try to improve my handwriting, i even copy the way people write their letters if i think they look cool.

i do a lot of written school work so i suppose it's expected to be good, but i like English and writing so...yeah...

Roswell.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Mine is near illegible. I can remember the day that it happened too. I was forced to write a sentence 500 times in class in less than 15 minutes. So I hurried and hurried by the end the sentence was so garbled no one could read it and my handwriting from that day stayed the same.

Thank god I can type. That way people at least know what I am saying. If we all had to write out these posts, I think we would all be screwed.

new topics

join