It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough already about my avatar!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Ok the messages I am getting in regards to my avatar are ridiculous! I went to an 80s party and I am not satanic! I cant believe the amount of rude messages I have received over a picture of ME! I mean were you people like this in the 80s when this was the norm?

I mean omg how did you survive then if you are so "offended" by my pic now? As far as the signage I am doing its NOT satanic! Have you ever been to a rock concert? Well usually when one goes to one you see this all over the place. If you havent I suggest youtube some Bon Jovi, Poison, Kiss, Def Lepard and so on....even Madonna

Bon Jovi concert from what year I dont know but oh look to the left what do you see?? A non satanic hand symbol that says to me and many others "ROCK ON!"

I had someone recently tell me my outfit comes off "disturbing" to the viewer...haa HOW? Its clothing! I have also heard its 'anti-evolutionary' and out of touch with people of today. Actually its quite evolutionary but in fashion terms. Its a much better version of what was available then. Everything gets better with age, including repeatable fashion trends. Also I suggest you get to a mall because its not out of touch with people today of MY age. Fashion is a vicious cycle doomed to repeat itself in a more modernized form in the current times. I was even asked if I had better clothes in my closet. Ha! Well let me tell you I have plenty of clothes in my closet and Im not afraid to use them no matter the decade they belong to. I have a degree in Fashion Design and Merchandising. I have been a personal shopper meaning people pay ME to pick out their clothes because they dont know what to get and they trust my judgement and knowledge of the fashion industry trends. I am not unintelligent because you think I cant dress and dont want to be taken seriously well if you knew me you would think otherwise. I am a complete goof ball and nerd and I love dressing up for parties and I have a blast! Maybe some of you should try it.

I went to a
with some friends a couple months ago and this picture is from that. I dressed quite a few people for this party and won 1st place for best dressed actually. There was actually another group of people out dressed in the 80s style for their OWN 80s party. We were more the rocker group and the others were the preps. I havent worn any of those items since and probably never will unless I go to another
. Some seem to think that my avatar wont make people take me seriously, well if you are going to judge a book by its cover then I really dont care what you have to say or what you think of my intelligence. Another thing telling me that if I want to be taken seriously I should "look" the part is completely rude. I am NEVER going to be someone or act a way or even dress a way that is not me to please someone else. NEVER! I am who I am and if you dont like it, move on.

I dont understand all the crap lately over avatars....(I do but thats another thread....literally!) If someones avatar if not violating ATS T&C but they are violating your personal T&C then you have problems. There are avatars on here that give me nightmares and I am not freaking out. If I have a question about someones pic or signature I will ask them NOT insult them for expressing themselves. I just dont get why people need to be like this. Yes I was insulted! (and that is for, well you know who you are) I have had other avatars and nobody seemed to care but oh no I put up a personal one and wow look out! Use your brain or keyboard and ask, dont assume, its rude!!

Ahhh some of my favorite 80s icons..

Joan Jett, Madonna and the boys of Miami Vice! Oh and a friend of mine dressed exactly like Don Johnson from Miami Vice and it was great.

So I leave you with this prime example of the 80s and their style

And some highlights of the 80s
[yvid]TddFnTB_7IM[yvid]

Oh and to the one who said I am using the "material girl" look that has expired indefinitely this is just for you

The material girl look will never expire it will just change...

"Living in a material world and I am a material girl" ~ Madonna!

edit to fix link

[edit on 7/24/2009 by mblahnikluver]

[edit on 7/24/2009 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I think some people just want to pretend the 80s never happened. They're gonna be having a hard time in the near future though, since I already see teens starting to bring 80s style back.

The hand sign... I don't think it's officially trademarked by Satan. I remember throwing it up when I was like 8 (taught by older bros and sis), to say "Rock On!"

My tattoo of a 5-pointed star and crescent moon is probably Satanist too, huh? I was really into astrology and stuff when I had it done. ohemgee I AM a Satanist!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by eMachine
I think some people just want to pretend the 80s never happened. They're gonna be having a hard time in the near future though, since I already see teens starting to bring 80s style back.

The hand sign... I don't think it's officially trademarked by Satan. I remember throwing it up when I was like 8 (taught by older bros and sis), to say "Rock On!"

My tattoo of a 5-pointed star and crescent moon is probably Satanist too, huh? I was really into astrology and stuff when I had it done. ohemgee I AM a Satanist!
''

Oh yeah people seem to want to block the 80s out but not me or half the fashion industry..lol Its marketable and it sells. I even had a slap bracelet that I found in the mall. I couldnt believe those were back. My earrings were cassette tapes and a boom box was my necklace, all purchased at Claires. That store IS like walking into the 80s lately its nuts.
Yeah I think his patent is still waiting to be reviewed..
I learned that watching MTV with my Aunt and jamming out to Bon Jovi and Def Lepard!
Oh you know my Playboy Bunny tattoo is more than likely Satanic..to some..lol

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Screw em.

Let them hate.

If they attack you for a supposed satanic symbol, tell them you have another hand signal for them, one which requires only one finger.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
No way i read your whole blurb but your avis pretty deace.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
[edit on 24 Jul 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Wow.

Imagine that.

A woman with her shirt on around here!

Make any sign you want to hun, just keep them clothes on!

And btw, late 70's- 80's music is still some of the best.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
that whole shirt thing is such BS...none of the avatars were nude so...I dunno

now let's talk OP

the 80's was the greatest decade ever and I am ever so happy to admit it. I was born in 79 and I listened to stuff most would never admit. I have MET up close and personal Debbie Gibson before she was Deborah. I love Tiffany, Michael Jackson, The Buggles, glam rock, metal, Paula Abdul...I think that decade put out amazing music. Yes some of the styles were...awful...but that decade did some good stuff. I'm only sorry I wasn't a bit older so I could remember the early 80's

PS...I love asking this...as I am sure many here know it or...well probably cheat and look it up

What was the first music video played on MTV?

Love the avatar

-Kyo

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Pat Benatar, Madonna and the boys of Miami Vice!

Are you sure that isn't Joan Jett?

Oh and first video - Video Killed the Radio Star - Buggles
And no I didn't look it up.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Pat Benatar, Madonna and the boys of Miami Vice!

Are you sure that isn't Joan Jett?

Haa I juat realized that when I was looking at the pics..lol I was looking at a Pat Benatar video when I was posting so I mixed up the names..lol It was late
oops!

Oh and first video - Video Killed the Radio Star - Buggles
And no I didn't look it up.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
If you're going to put some madonna on, atleast make it "Dress you up". That bass and synth will win over anyone

The sign in said picture was actually started by Ronnie James Dio and was inspired by his mom or grandma. When held inward like you have it or upright, it is ment as a sign of protection against a curse. When held so that the pointer and pinky are parallel with another's eyes, that is issuing a curse of some sort.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Eitimzevinten]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
mblahnik, don't hold back. tell us how you really feel.

I, for one, miss the 80's. the music was great (got to meet Dave Gahan a few months back - very cool), the hair was comical and the style was frighteningly colorful.

the av is fine. you look great and you look like you're having a blast.

you should head to ny and catch Rock of Ages on broadway. 80's hair band musical. brilliant.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Thank you for showing me what the 80's looked like.

I went through that period of my life in a haze.

Your avatar is fine. My gosh I have seen some that should be x-rated.

My personal feeling about any members avatar is that it is their business and not mine.

I don't care if someone uses a cow's butt as their avatar.

Some people need to learn to mind their own business.

Rock on kiddo.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I try and forget the 80's ever happened.

But your avatar actually offends people?

Wow, some people need grow up. Shesh oh Pete. That avatar is about as offensive as a kitten.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
My best friend is an 80s junkie.

lol I can't believe people messaged you about your avatar. I think it's cute and silly. But I also, you know, get the reference.

I love 80s music.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I don't tend to think about the 80s that often. I was raised in the 90s. I'm a 90s kid. Raised on GI Go, Gundam, Transformers, that kind of stuff.

I'm really surprised. People are offended by your avatar?

Don't listen to these paranoid schizos. If they think you're satanic that's their problem. I don't see how anyone could think you're satanic... then again this is ATS.

Anyhow, as I've said- I was raised in the 90s so I can't comment really on the 80s... but I am really surprised that people are offended by your avatar. It just looks like you're having fun. Don't listen to the haters.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The '90s were mo' bettah, though!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I like the avvy.

The first thing I thought of when I saw your avatar was 'eighties music'
the 'rock and roll' sign was considered a 'devil' sign by some back in the late seventies as far as I remember. Now it's an old school cliche that I can't see anybody in their right mind taking seriously.

Maybe it's jealousy because you can wear that and make it look good.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
At least you aren't wearing those silly "friendship beads" and a dozen plastic bracelets on one wrist. THAT would have been a bit too much.

Anyone that, like, rags on your avatar, like, needs to be gagged with a spoon.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
mblahnik, don't hold back. tell us how you really feel.

I, for one, miss the 80's. the music was great (got to meet Dave Gahan a few months back - very cool), the hair was comical and the style was frighteningly colorful.

the av is fine. you look great and you look like you're having a blast.

you should head to ny and catch Rock of Ages on broadway. 80's hair band musical. brilliant.

I too love the 80s and thank you
I did have a blast! My friend and I were dressed better than anyone for this party, we planned for a month! It was a lot of fun!

I would so love to see that show! I know I would love it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join