It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Existence Now is Proof of an Afterlife

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
What do you all think about this idea?

The fact that we are here now and we know it nsures us that we will always be with the Universe until the end.

It is undeniable that we are a product of the Universe and we know we are conscious beings. Why is there a neccessity for consciousness anyway? Isn't it enough for the Universe to just exist?

The fact that we are here now and we are blessed to know that we are conscious of the Universe in which we exist means that we are more than just dirt put together over billions of years of evolution.

Our bodies have developed to allow consciousness to enter them and be stored in our brains as memories. Collectively, over all the potential life-harboring planets, the Universe has a big source of information about itself that it wouldn't have without observance, consciousness, and memories.

Is the Universe, because we exist as a part of it, able to know and understand our thoughts and memories at will? It would be awesome to know that it does.

Knowing that our minds are a product of the Universe. Doesn't that mean we will live on in the Universe, simply because we are aware that we are here and a part of it now, until the end of the Universe?

By being a part of the Universe, mind and body, we know that we will exist in some form until the end of it. If we are truly a part of the Universe's consciouness, doesn't that mean that we will remain a part of that until the end?

No matter what anyone tells you or what you learn along the way nothing can change the fact that you are here now, in this Universe, and you are undeniably a part of the Universe and you will continue until the end of it and possibly furhter.

Edit for Grammar

[edit on 23-7-2009 by esteay812]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
No it doesn't.

Does the fact that cheeta's run the fastest, make it appropriate that it will have an afterlife. No silly.

Our conciousness was an adaptable form of evolution which strengthens our ability to do our purpose, SURVIVE.

The theory here is a philosophical nightmare.

Our conciousness allows us to think far into the future, which helps us stand above our retarded brothers the chimps and be able to ensure we have a future for our species itself.

The fact we can think, is pretty spectacular, and I am lucky to not be some pimped out squirrel, looks to the left.

It doesn't mean we have an afterlife.

We will always be in the universe.

Just not aware of it, as a cat that lived one thousand years ago, isn't really assumed to be looking around like, hmm very interesting.

I will die, when I die, I will decompose, when I decompose, my atoms will seperate, and scatter about again. Unless cremation then an alternate route.

When, it's a troubling and awful thought i'll tell you, and which is the one thing that makes me want to be a man of faith in a deity. When I die, the lights go out, there is no me, it's hard to grasp because you can't imagine not being, it's darn near impossible, if not impossible, and that is the basis of religion.

Trying to imagine the immense size of the universe, is a much easier task then trying to imagine your own death, where there is nothing, you're short period of time was seemingly meaningless and a waste, but you won't be able to regret it because you, won't be.

Understand any of that.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I understood a little bit of it, but doesn't mean I agree with it. It also doesn't mean I was stating a fact, I was simply asking what everyone thought of the idea. I appreciate your opinion, but it only explains half of what happens at death.

You explained the physical part of death. What happens when the body dies and returns to the Earth, braking down and turning back into some of it's original forms.

In the plan that you describe, what would the primary purpose of our existence be? Do you believe we are nothing more than a parasite that has evolved to feed off the host Earth? Do you believe we are a freak of nature, an anomoly that happens nowhere else in the Universe?

Being a part of the Universe, and understanding it is two different things. Trying to make sense of it is another one altogether. To think that sporadic sprouts of life are meaningless may be a mistake.

Either way there are many things going on with our bodies that we have no idea about.

The human body emits light, much like a deep sea creature emits light. We do it on a level that is not infra-red and is not visible to the naked eye. That is just one example of what is going on with the human condition we are just starting to learn about.

There are surely more things that we can't understand going on with the human body and the simplest way to explain it is to say that we die and that is it, next. The fact is you don't know if that is it as much as I don't know if there is indeed existence after death.

Understand any of that?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I don't think it's guaranteed that we will continue to be here. Dinosaurs were here for millions of years. I don't see any walking around now though. Humans have been here thousands of years. We're not even close yet to lasting as long as the dinosaurs yet we already face possible extinction at our own hands. If one large asteroid hits the Earth, we're history. If things go crazy and we have an all out nuclear war, we are probably history as a species unless a handful of people manage to scrap by for hundreds or thousands of years on scraps until the biosphere manages to recover from the nuclear winter and radiation. If the planet were to become completely covered in ice again, any survivors might have to survive tens of thousands of years in harsh conditions on an ice planet. We may be an endangered species and not even realize it. Millions of years from now, there could be intelligent cockroaches pondering the question if there ever was intelligent life on this planet before them.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Not only do I agree, but so do so many historical figures and successful people that it would difficult to compile a list of them all.
This idea you've come up with is the true truth that we all 'search' for throughout our lives. The universe is all powerful and you exist as part of it.

Read the book 'the secret', I think there's a movie as well with the same name.

Flagged.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I think any of this is hard to grasp when scientifically we do not really know all the truth's to quantum physics. I think there lay the key to conciousness and thus the possibility that conciousness is eternal. When i was young i could never get passed the fact that atoms just decided to randomly turn to life, and then eventually sprout conciousness. I think with all the experiences people have had over the years pertaining to OBE's and NDE's is proof enough for me (speaking for myself here) that there is some form of afterlife.

I seriously do not get how people can be so adamant of what death means (death and no afterlife). The most AMAZING thing that can never be outdone is the fact we are here. How can a mind ever get passed the fact that this, we are here, made from something. From something which we have and never will have an explanation for. From there why is it stupid to think of things such as afterlife when the mere fact we exist is the most amazing thing that there ever is.

AFTERLIFE will never be more amazing then the fact that here exists something, that in our human minds anyway, should just not be here. Therefore i can only assume (even if this is a biased view from this 3D reality), that there will and always be me, or something.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I would like to see some evidence to prove that there exists an Afterlife besides the example of a humans evolved mental capabilities.

Hope is not enough for me. I need some proof.

I HOPE that there is some super intelligence that has devised a way for my thoughts or Neural Network Footprint or my Combined Knowledge and Storage of Memories to continue to exist once my brain fails to receive oxygen and blood and finally rots away. Or gets mushed instantly in a car wreck. Or whatever fate awaits me.

But I am not going to tell anyone else that it exists because I HOPE it does.

I HOPE that I am going to win the Powerball this Saturday. It doesn't necessarily make it so. (Please if there exists a super being let me WIN! I promise I will go around to poor peoples house with a Santa Suit and a bag full of millions of dollars like in the movie "Reindeer Games" and hook people up! Since you are like mega smart you know that I was a Boy Scout and I give you my Boy Scouts Honor. Give me a chance super being type thing. Let me show the world just how much change a Hundred Mill can buy! Ok I am out intelligence thing. Thanks for listening. If you are actually reading this. Deuces.)

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
The fact that we are here now and we know it nsures us that we will always be with the Universe until the end.

It is undeniable that we are a product of the Universe and we know we are conscious beings. Why is there a neccessity for consciousness anyway? Isn't it enough for the Universe to just exist?...

[edit on 23-7-2009 by esteay812]

Thank you my friend, you just blew my mind! This is one very profound realization. Consciousness, or 'the mind' exists independently of the body, but most people tend to forget this. When your body dies, your mind is free. What happens after that, I am not entirely sure, and I wouldn't be able to explain it, but I know you are definitely not alone on the other side.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
I will die, when I die, I will decompose, when I decompose, my atoms will seperate, and scatter about again. Unless cremation then an alternate route.

YOU are not made of atoms. Your body is made of atoms.

Originally posted by Republican08When, it's a troubling and awful thought i'll tell you, and which is the one thing that makes me want to be a man of faith in a deity. When I die, the lights go out, there is no me, it's hard to grasp because you can't imagine not being, it's darn near impossible, if not impossible, and that is the basis of religion.

I used to have the very same thoughts. When going to sleep I would imagine dying, and ceasing to exist. This is what I truly believed. Sometimes I would have a panic attack and become terrified and sad. It is this fear that gives a religion its power.

My advice is not to imagine death, but to experience it first hand. Good luck with your search my friend.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I'll give you that, there a quite a few things we don't understand about our bodies.

Although, taking that and running with the wind assuming that this leads a great deal into that we have souls and such is an atrocity to science and nature.

Lack of knowledge of something shouldn't be filled in with mysticism, supernatural, pseudoscience, and superstitions!

When I do die, i've proclaimed what will happen.

I doubt my body emitting an unseeable 'light' will matter anything at all.

Believing in a after life, is one of the most lucrative, and wishful thinking that one can ever exhibit.

We die, that is it, lights out, the lights go dim, and never go back up, the lights don't even really go dim, they go out, and the screen goes fuzzy in the screaming sound we all have learned to hate.

Noone wants to die, ergo, we all assume ways in which we can live forever.

We fanaticize the ways in which we will have an after life, even after an estimated the 100 billion people who have lived and died, we wish that they would live forever.

Me personally, I wish that my died wouldn't of died, and would live forever in an afterlife. Although I know it is wishfull thinking and false thinking, he is dead, and will be no more ever, and his thoughts that would've been will never be.

Just as when I die or you die.

There was a time, when we didn't know that germs were killing us, and they were assumed to be plagues of god, yet now that we know they were germs we understand a bit more.

The whole light thing can and probably is now, explainable, yet we do not wish to see it except for what we would like to see.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

I like your view. Everything that will ever exist, will always exist. Not only til the "end" of the universe. According to basic physic laws, energy will never go to waste, but simply transform into something else.
But the part about our conciousness existing forever is depended on your belief in a soul imo. I myself believe in souls / spirits and believe they will exist for eternity, in extention to the philosopfy / physics of the ever existing material in the universe.
I also really like the quantum mechanics formula regarding especially those gravitation "atoms" that actually travel from dimension to dimension (according to string theory). This opens up for a real good philosophy combined with your for an afterlife in a other dimension

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Why is there a neccessity for consciousness anyway?

Without consciousness there would be NOTHING. You would not exist. If it was possible for an entity to exist without consciousness, it would not know of its own existance or the existance of anything else. Consciousness is the ultimate reality. All else is illusion.

The universe has two sides; the natural side and the intelligent side. The human exists on the dividing line between the natural side and the intelligent side. The physical body is of nature, and the mind is of the intelligent side.

YOU are NOT your body. You are the intelligent thinking, feeling being that is using a physical body for a learning experience.

When your physical body wears out and dies, YOU will discard it like an old worn out suit and leave it behind with about as much regard.

You are an immortal being. You have eternal life. You have made a mistake which has caused you to 'fall' into a kind of dream. You are dreaming of yourself in different senarios (many lives lived in human bodies) to teach yourself how to get back to your true state of 'Conscious Immortality'.

If you are interested in learning more about what you really are, and knowing the purpose and plan of the universe, go to here

Check out the book 'Thinking and Destiny'. It is a big read of over 1000 pages, but can be read online for free.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
i was listening to the radio last night and they mentioned that every sound that has ever been made still exists on a much lower frequency. had we the proper equipment to tap into this we would be able to hear sounds from any era since the dawn of time. so that being said it is a possibility that existence is merely bound to the particular frequency achieved?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
If there is such thing as the afterlife, it must mean that there are truely no new-born souls in this world... Because if there were, then the universe would eventually become too full of souls.. Basically, it must mean that we have been and constantly will be, reincarnated. However, the universe is expanding, the human population is growing.. but the Earth is still the same size it always was.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by triune

I disagree... The natural side and the intelligent side? I think the two are constantly part of each other and they aren't two different "sides" - isn't it true that the mind (the "intelligent side") exists within the brain, but the brain is a part of- in fact controls- the physical boday (the "natural side")?

And to say that we are not our body? That we are a THINKING and FEELING being? Well, that is a part of what we are... If someone pulls our hair or stabs us, then it is us that can FEEL it- as part of being a FEELING being.. Also, physical things always affect our THOUGHTS and FEELINGS... we can feel angry or happy ect. based on our physical senses. Although the physical body isn't the only part of who we are, it is still a part of us, and as important as any other part of us.

So long as we're in this body, we are human beings.. After we die as humans, we are no longer humans, no matter what happens to our souls next.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

As someone who has been on death's door step, I find your posts very depressing, yet i know them to be true, every word.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Crying-Lightning

Why do the people being born now have to originate from Earth? Why do they have to be, formerly, humans? Why can't they have been from another planet or dimension?

Maybe it is possible that the animals that have existed before have climed the ladder into intelligent bodies and minds. Maybe the dinosaurs' energy transferred into a new being. Maybe the animals that go extinct incarnate into humans and other beings here and in other parts of the Universe, maybe in different Universes altogether.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Crying-Lightning

Thanks for your post, as well as everyone else's posts.

I believe when you feel pain it is an alarm going off in your body to let you know something is happening to you, in fact, all feelings consist of cognitive recognition. I don't think this eliminates the possibility that, because you know your body - or temple - is experiencing feelings, you are a seperate entity than your physical being.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I am sorry to hear that you have had to experience death so intimately, I am also sorry that it didn't bring you any enlightenment tht id does to so many people.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I used to think that we are purely physical beings. I believed that there was no type of God and that once we died it was the end. I believed that we had one shot, so make the best of it.

After having a few OBEs I have been lucky enough to have had my mind opened. The OBEs have brought me the power to use knowledge and understanding in a different way. Being outside of your own body and seeing it, while at the same time being in your home and neighborhood and seeing everything is the same as when we are in our physical bodies has made me wonder about this.

In fact, when I am outside my body, I can travel down the roads or through the air and into (For example) my brother's home. I have seen him asleep on his couch with the remote control about to fall from his hand while his wife is asleep in bed.

I know that this is real because I called my brother as soon as I awoke. I asked him if he was watching Animal Planet and if the remote was on the floor next to him, and if he had been sleeping on the couch. I even saw the clothes he was wearing and they were the clothes he was wearing.

If it isn't possible that our consciousness can leave our bodies how can this be explained? I know many doctors and researchers have tries to put labels and names on what is happening, but many of the doctors can not explain how a patient can know what instrument is being used, or what the nurses are saying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join