It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You Define Love?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Hi Greenzie, I've thought about this alot over the years. The love we feel for parents, children, spouse, friends, acquaintances, strangers, deity are all the same but different.

I think of love like a color wheel. There are 3 primary colors plus white and black. When they are mixed, the resulting colors, shades, and tones are endless. Such is love.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

As an artist, I love the way that you stated that! It was beautiful!!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I consider what you seem to be referring to as "love" or romantic love to be a poor and temporary substitute for friendship, the most powerful and enduring bond we have with each other as a species. Take friendship, add pheromones and some muscular contractions and we call it "love".

Mind you I'm not downplaying how fantastic those contractions are!

[edit on 28-7-2009 by metamagic]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by metamagic

In a sense, I agree with you. I think a relationship that began and is based on friendship is the strongest one...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I don't know thats a hard question. I wasn't very "loved" when I was a child so I have no love for most my family except my sister who isn't here anymore. The only people I've ever loved are my wife and daughter and I guess I could define my love for them as I would do anything for them, I put them before myself or anyone else, I would die to save either one of them. This is really hard question but I guess that is how I would "define" my love. I'm not exactly a very trusting person so its hard for me to become close with most people and develop any kind of love for them.

And I don't really consider what I just said really a definition of love, but thats all I can think of right now!

Interesting thread!

And I do pretty much "love" each and everyone on this planet but not nearly as much or in the same way as my wife and daughter.

Peace

[edit on 29-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Love is...The alpha and the omega. Me, you, us and them. Creator and created. Life and death. Yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Love in light
S&F

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Love is the life force where you can mess with with your head

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Thankfully, there is no definition. It is like saying, how do you define infinity. True love is boundless, has no directions, and demands nothing in return. As such it cannot be conceptualized. It can only be lived. It is, in fact, what you are.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall

Thankfully, there is no definition. It is like saying, how do you define infinity. True love is boundless, has no directions, and demands nothing in return. As such it cannot be conceptualized. It can only be lived. It is, in fact, what you are.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Silenceisall]

When you hear love, you here your silence!!!!

this silence, this love is infinity!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join