It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You Define Love?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by orwellianunenlightenment

Ah, but what does transcendence mean in essence? To move above, or at least that is what the essence of the word means to me. That at least sounds like hierarchal leanings which is of course natural for the human animal. But, I don't see hierarchy in the wider picture, in my honest opinion nothing is above anything else in otherwords, just interlocking interdependency. Pretty much a circle as opposed to a triangle.

But I do and will admit that my views are by no means anything but just that, my views.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by OmegaPoint

I believe duality is a lie.
You can have positive and negative aspects without duality after alll.

There are two possible states of being.

1. Nature left to itself and it's own workings.

2. The supernatural manifested in nature.

The natural mind is at enmity with the supernatural God. The natural mind cannot understand the things of God, they are foolishness to him.

But those who have been given a glimpse into eternity have also been sealed by the supernatural Spirit of God. They have the mind of Christ, and therefore the potential to discern all things, even the deep things of God.

[edit on 26/7/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Ah, but that is what you get when you seperate the "supernatural" *I would argue that it is a nonsense word* from the "natural". I personally do not. But I am willing to agree to disagree.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I agree with you wholeheartedly that the proper state of the transcendence is the whole circle, as you have said. It represents a sort of spiritual equality and pure, unadulterated connection. Perhaps my wording was wrong. The desire to place oneself above others does not exist in reconciliation.

Unfortunately, those who do have an intuitive understanding of the "One" perspective tend to gravitate to opposing camps. One of the camps understands the connection between the two lower dualities, but it has remained selfish. So it exploits both good and evil, so to speak, for its own selfish ends. It is the essence of beastly power and control, in my opinion.
I think that the other camp strives to enlighten others to a path that will ultimately transcend the false division. It seeks to make all masters. The first camp would seek to make the so-called lessors slaves, but ironically, they enslave themselves to the cannibalistic system of control. They also repeat the cycles, because a parasite cannot exist without a host. Once the hosts are tapped out, a revolution ensues. The process repeats over and over and over. I guess I believe that only by us all working to raise each other to master status, with a profound awareness of the infinite interconnections of all, that this is the only way to a symbiotic state of affairs. It leads to the most happiness, beauty, etc. for all, in my opinion. I guess I, like others, believe my opinion to be the center point, LOL.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Ah, but that is what you get when you seperate the "supernatural" *I would argue that it is a nonsense word* from the "natural". I personally do not. But I am willing to agree to disagree.

Of course you would. And since I have a green bar over your avatar, which indicates I have made you a friend in the past, I will also respectfully agree to disagree, as there would be no point in attempting to convince each other who is right.

[edit on 26/7/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I think you are both right. I see the supernatural as part of the natural that has not yet been realized. It is there, but many are blind. I really do think we are on the same page on this, but are arguing over semantics.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Eh, I am strongly individualistic so I cannot *or will not? perhaps, but I naturally don't think so* agree with a great deal in the "One"ness concept. For one while I find us all simular in ways I do not think we are one and same *with only an illusionary seperation or "ego" err whatever* as I see typed so much on this board. But also I believe we in a strange way set our own rules and path so what you say is correct for you.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Love is the supernatural, the higher consciousness, the Christ consciousness, the transcendence equation.

Without Love you will not transcend.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Well, from my perspective, me attempting to convince you would denote that I have judged you and your position and have judged me and mine to be better than you and yours. And while of course I do and have that doesn't mean I have to delude myself into believing whole heartedly I can only be correct.

And I know why I friended you.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Ah, now I agree in the individualism concept. But, so to speak, I think all of the individual programs interact for a greater program. The multiple functions all work together to achieve the end of the One program. The individuals have their individual functions, yes, but when we look at the interaction of all, they work together to achieve some sort of end. We, as individuals, tend to merge with ideologies, and these ideologies compete. It is all a very fluid process, but it is digitized in the stark opposition of say, two ideologies. Basically, we want to be happy in our own way, but some people wanting to be happy believe the best way is through the exploitation of others, begetting power and control, and then divide and conquer, exploitation through false dualism. The world operates in a sort of organic program, albeit hard, or impossible to define. Do you not see that? And not necessarily the specific way in which I see it, but do you not see the sum of interactions naturally working toward something, whether people are aware of it or not?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Organic is a good word. But, I do not think we are working towards anything but keeping in a constant flux that is most conductive to learning what it is to exist.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Exactly, I do not think that we are moving to a solid state either. That is against our very natures. It is what we try so desperately to throw off. In fact, the solid state is what is desired by parasitical control freaks. Those seeking to control others in this world like to program others, as if they are merely a solid-state computer, as if they should be totally passive to the programming of the lower binary center. I also, and I don't want to beat a dead horse, believe that the more we learn, the more we become aware of our mutual entanglements, and the more and more "love" can manifest in this world. I do not think we fundamentally disagree one bit. I think we are both truth seekers, wanting to know the truth beyond our current understandings.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It is in moments like this one that i HATE language barrier: my english sucks, i am able to express 1/100th of what i'd like to

But i'll try anyway.
Love is wonderful, but at the same time it makes you feel bad, your stomach hurts, your brain cant work, and there are a lot of further side effects

And when you find your soul mate, you think that you are done and that everything is ok: but on the contrary, you are just at the start of your troubles. You get paranoid, and start wondering what she's doing right now
And this happens hundreds of times a day.
Love is the most complicated and hard to understand feeling: sometimes i'd like to stop loving, but it's stronger than me, i can't help.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Love is the most powerful feeling of all feelings possible to have.

It really is quite the paradox.

Love is the most peaceful, joyful feeling. And yet it can cause the most painful feelings.

Love can unite. Love can divide. Love can create. Love can destroy.

Love is beyond a chemical in the brain. Love is beyond hugging and kissing and feel all warm and fuzzy and having butterflies in your tummy.

True love reaches down so deep in one’s soul that it can cause such an enormous amount of energy and joy. Just like a drug. It can make one feel invincible and able to accomplish anything in life. When one feels love, one gives love. When one loves and feels love – the whole world sees it.

True love reaches down so deep in someone’s soul that at the first feeling of loosing love, it can destroy an entire being – ones mind, one’s heart, one’s emotions. It can start to break down one’s immune system causing physical ailment. When one does not feel loved, one is unable to give love. And in many cases, just simply ceases to function. When one does not feel loved and finds it hard to give love – the whole world sees it.

True Love between people is unconditional. It is enduring. It is unselfish. It seeks to build up and not tear down. It survives the ups and downs.

Love sees beyond the faults and sees the positive. Love seeks to heal and not destroy.

But when one feels love is lost. It is as if nothing exists anymore. Without love, there is no joy. There is no peace. There is no hope.
IMO, Love is the foundation to everything in life. It brings life color. Without it. Life has no color. Life becomes a burden instead of a joy.

Love is the most powerful feeling and a paradox.

ETA: I also believe that being loved and loving can prolong life. Not being loved and not loving can shorten one's life.

[edit on July 26th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
How do you define love? Well, by avoiding definitions, for starters...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

That was beautiful, and very profound.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by VergeofObscene

Theres a shocker!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

That was beautiful! It gave me gooskies. Thank you for sharing that! All of it is so very true!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I am really surprised that no one has stated that:

Love means never having to say your sorry..in reference to the movie Love Story..

Sorry, I had to say it.

Actually love, unconditional love is all that is left once you strip yourself of all emotion (ego).

Or to say it another way...unconditional love is all there really is..period...

And it is wonderful

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
For me love is a force that follows ME around and jumps into different people or things (sometimes food) and makes ME feel good and complete for however long. I hate when people say "it hurts because its love". That makes no sense at all. Love and pain are two completely different things. Yes sometimes when love seems to leave I feel pain (I over stuff MY belly with a delicious food and it hurts),but then the force of love will jump into something or someone else (I find love in taking a nap to rest off the food). And just like that I feel better. That's what love is to me. When I don't feel complete I look around and find love in something or someone because love is always there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join