It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

deep web, hidden web ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Is anyone know how we can access to the hidden web ? or if there is a tool to access and search on it ?

Thanks

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Whats the hidden web?

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
try going here

www.invisible-web.net...

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
try going here

www.invisible-web.net...

Thanks for that, gonna take me time to fathom it all out though lol

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Powered by intelliseek :

www.profusion.com...

Incywincy (meta-engine) :

www.incywincy.com...

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
How can anything on the web be "hidden"?

Unless "hidden" actually means "popular search engines don't grab it".

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
How can anything on the web be "hidden"?

Unless "hidden" actually means "popular search engines don't grab it".

Of course it can.

If it's in a discussion group, or in a pdf file or in a database...

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yeah, but doesn't putting something on the web means putting it available for everyone to see?

All you can do it, chose if you want to make it hard to find or not, but sooner or later, someone will eventually find it.

Edit: I just didn't liked the wording used, because you make it sound like if there is 2 internet entity: the public internet and the "underground" internet. If it's on the net, it's on the net, end of story.

Somethings are just not as easy to find as others.

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If its on the web, it can be hacked lol
*tries to remember the hackers moto*

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Last week while surfing my PC started screwing up. I hit CtrlAltDlt and it listed a program running called "Black Web Agent" I #choonot. Had to restart, and then I searched that term on Kart00. The only pertinent return was for Fetch.com. Sorry Idunno how to make a link to it--but you've got to see it. I've had suspicions that entities have tried screwing with my computer before; but that was paranoia for FUN! Please check out Fetch.com--and be sure to see WHO THEY WORK FOR.

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
checked out fetch.com, nothing unusual to me, market research, etc...

here's the list of who they work for :

Nasa, DARPA, just to name a couple..

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dainjubalRing
Last week while surfing my PC started screwing up. I hit CtrlAltDlt and it listed a program running called "Black Web Agent" I #choonot. Had to restart, and then I searched that term on Kart00. The only pertinent return was for Fetch.com. Sorry Idunno how to make a link to it--but you've got to see it. I've had suspicions that entities have tried screwing with my computer before; but that was paranoia for FUN! Please check out Fetch.com--and be sure to see WHO THEY WORK FOR.

I run a free program called "Spy Sweeper" on my PC almost daily. You'd be amazed at the number of programs loaded onto your PC without your knowledge. Run it and find out what's taking place on your PC. One hour of regular surfing usually gets at least 5 or 6 programs attempting to load on your comp.

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Try this link to Darpas' systems:

_javascript:void%20createNewWindow1()

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
www.kartoo.com...

I hope I did that right. My favorite search engine.

Try this link to Darpas' systems:

__javascript:void%20createNewWindow1()

I did that. Your screwing with me, right? All i got was a blank browser.

As you can see I'm not computer savvy...

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
"One can envision the Internet as having both surface and deep content. The surface Internet refers to information accessible through search engines and public links. Traditional WWW pages alone contain, at a minimum, an estimated 170 terabytes of information—a body of data roughly 17 times the size of the print holdings of the Library of Congress.10 The deep Internet describes publicly available information—but only to those who know how to access it. This includes information that software assembles on the fly; that resides in a database, transmitted in response to a specific query; or that simply does not have a publicly known address. Examples include the Berkeley Digital Library Project and Amazon.com.11 Estimates put the volume of the deep Internet at over 400 times that of its surface counterpart.12"
www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil...

I never heard of this deep web. Is this still the case, with google and all?

new topics

top topics

join