It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe ATS'rs and the Government are the same?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I was thinking about this on my way to the bathroom, just a curious thought of the people I encountered during the day. Some people are so arrogant, so ignorant and so oblivious to the truth of our existence (there is so much going on, one could never fully grasp everything).

So I got to thinking. What if the U.S. Government does what it does to affect the lives of individuals... to push them to take charge? With money getting tighter and everything getting priced these days, people are trying to be more efficient. Obama was elected with a large focus on being conservative, to be economical and such. With tomorrow being the beginning of turning Junk cars into down payments on newer more efficient cars... I really got curious.

What if the Government is setting up the American People, by Reverse Psychology... to take charge. I mean think about it, we all get tired of dumb ignorant people who only care about whats on TV and in Magazines, and they make up a large percentage of the U.S. population (and world population). If they keep pushing everyone... eventually we will get our heads out of our ******** (clouds
) maybe the U.S. has a chance?

Whats everyone Else's opinion? Do you think that lurking in the midst of our Government is a group of people getting angry at the large amount of Ignorant people that make up the general population? If they wont do it themselves the Government will make them? I personally believe that Government is a good thing if it is balanced and regulated... Our Government isn't balanced and regulated but I've noticed in the news a lot of cracking down on corruption in local government and a lot of recognition to stupid wastes of tax money... Anyways let me know what yall think. Hopefully I'm not alone in this thought.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I kinda hope so.
Maybe by seeing there is more to life,
they'll get their head out of their butt and realize there's
more to life than money. (the gubmint that is, not ats)

We sold our soul years ago. It's starting to catch up.
Star and flag for your post and thoughts!
I better stop here before I go into rant mode.

You are right that the gubmint should be a source of good.
Who else could stop these huge greedy corporations from taking over?
Oh, they already did, nevermind.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

but I've noticed in the news a lot of cracking down on corruption in local government and a lot of recognition to stupid wastes of tax money

If this were the case, there would be 'cracking down'. Which I do not see.

Recognition, maybe. Is anyone getting prosecuted for this stuff? No. If anything it is just being rubbed in our faces.

Sorry.. Wish I could buy into this, but I just can't help but laugh.

If you think the government is secretly trying to save you, read the reformed health care plan. I think you will change your mind pretty quickly.

Do not mean to trash your thread. I too keep positive.. while being realistic.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
You are not alone, this is a thought i have entertained for a while. Despite not living in the USA we have similar problems in Europe.
And if one thinks about it, it is quite logical. The goverment is composed of thousands of people and most of this people are not high-ranking politicians but normal people doing their jobs. And even at least some high-ranking politcians have the greater good in their minds.
In every group are people who harm others through greed and egoism, but there are always also people who try to do the right thing and help. So we need only to support the right people. They are there, they always were but it is often hard to recognize them.
So just look closely at the people and you will find those.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ohh_pleasee

What do you mean by the new reformed health bill? What specifically stands out at you that... one or two things can sway your opinion about an entire Government based on something that only a small part of the ENTIRE Government is doing?

Just curious, because a lot of people blame government even if its something one rogue military personnel did, I just want to see if it holds merit...

new topics

top topics

join