It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant 'soap bubble' found floating in space!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
seems this is making the news and blogs on a lot of sites

t looks like a soap bubble or perhaps even a camera fault, but a newly discovered object is actually the ghost of a star like our sun

www.bizface.co.uk...

www.americanscientist.org...
mightyblogger.newsvine.com...
science.blogdig.net...
digg.com...

all saying the same thing really

intresting find though, looks freaky

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

And it may not be "planetary" in nature, but there's always the original "bubble nebula," NGC 7635, seen here in HST palette narrowband:
apod.nasa.gov...

Thanks for posting ngchunter, it maybe the first but its not as perfectly formed as this new one, still... Pretty damn impressive!

Dae

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

Hey, if I'm not wrong, and I really could be, those are not stars but galaxies, especially the bigger brighter ones. Could someone confirm this, it boggles the mind even more when you look and its galaxies and not stars

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by refuse_orders
Thanks for posting ngchunter, it maybe the first but its not as perfectly formed as this new one, still... Pretty damn impressive!

To clarify...my post to which ngchunter replied was not meant to in any way sound nonchalant or blasé about this beautiful nebula you posted for us.

I was only trying to explain to the ATS member named "genius/idiot" that it is not a big mystery as to what this object is probably made of.

[edit on 7/24/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Oh i know don't worry dude, i wasn't trying to be condescending, i really did appreciate you posting the first one found. Sorry if it sounded like i was being an ass.

[edit on 24/7/09 by refuse_orders]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Very cool!

But I must ask, isnt that just an artists impression rather than a real image lol?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Amazing as it is, it's a real image. Just like so many images taken by the HST and other telescopes i often think they look unreal. Its just so far beyond what you see in day to day life its hard to comprehend things exist on such a scale and at such a distance away from us. Still images like this never cease to amaze!

Here's the caption given with the original photo.

The "Cygnus Bubble" nebula may actually be a cylinder that is being seen from one of its ends. This image was taken with the Kitt Peak Mayall 4-metre telescope in Arizona (Image: Travis A. Rector/U of Alaska Anchorage/Heidi Schweiker/NOAO)

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Since we dont fully understand the workings of space (we havnt explored past our own solar system)...then that bubble type thing looks like a completely normal thing to see in space.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'd have to say we've explored quite deep into space. Not just with propes but with telescopes etc.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join