It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inbound Meteor Story Plagiarized

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
stevequayle.com...

The following is from the author who came forth over the weekend to claim his material. He asked that the message below, addressed to Jeff Rense (www.rense.com), be posted. � webmaster

Inbound Meteor
Story Plagiarized
From Don Best
5-8-4

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for having me on your radio show May 6, and giving me the best opportunity to disassociate myself from the article:

"Is Earth In Imminent Danger From Inbound Meteors?" found at

www.bushcountry.org...

Unfortunately, the writer has obviously been reading what I have been posting at www.timebomb2000.com under the "forum user" name of dragonslayer2001.

I had already posted almost every bit of information listed in the article, and tied the various bits and pieces together. Then the plagiarist not only takes my work, effort, thoughts and data collation, he also steals my Red Flag thread word for word and claims it as his own.

I found all the information that I have spent months digging up curious, and alarming, and certainly worth keeping an eye on. However, in all of my threads, the two referenced here, and the others he/she has taken information from, I have been careful to state that nothing is proven, only that there are a lot of "signs" that something MIGHT be up.

Being ripped off like this is flattering, but it is creating problems.

Even at www.timebomb2000.com, the forum where I usually post, I have been accused of writing this article, and making unfounded claims that the "world will end" in a number of weeks.

Nonsense. I have no information that can define a date or time of anything happening. I do feel that we are in a time of great danger due to the instability of the sun and a number of changes taking place on our planet and a number of other planets in our solar system.

The passage of recent meteors and comets of course holds a certain amount of danger and always will.

Now, the writer of the article clearly separates himself from the anonymous information posted on www.godlikeproductions.com by "noted and warned", who makes all the dire forecasts and leaves tantalizing clues and timelines.

But then the writer links to www.timebomb.com to a thread that I started in February called "Comets of Spring 2004". This has the effect of directing people to where I post, and links my user name to meteor information.

Then, a little further on in the bushcountry.org article, the plagiarist lifts whole cloth, a thread that I started entitled "Red Flags". He/she then uses the stolen information "first person" so that people will naturally assume that "dragonslayer2001" and the anonymous bushcountry.org writer are one and the same, and by implication, that "noted and warned" may even be the same person.

I have contacted bushcountry.org for over a week. They have not responded. Their article popped up on numerous sites almost immediately, which makes me suspect it was seeded on purpose.

I am asking here, on your site, that they remove the article immediately and post a disclaimer that a plagiarist stole information, purposely set links to implicate someone else, and that the writer "dragonslayer2001" has never stated that we are going to get bombarded with commentary debris any time soon.

Thank you,

Don Best

Here are my two main threads that this information has been taken from:

Red Flags thread: 8660 reads: Started, 04/22/04

www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=97263

Comets of spring: 15,000 reads: Started 02/15/04

www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91617

There are others but I won�t list them here.

The following sites are posting my plagiarized words, so I am sending this to them and will appreciate it if they are good enough to straighten things out:

www.jeffrense.com... immediate, very helpful response
www.raptureready.com... friendly, rapid response
www.fulldisklosure.org... friendly, rapid response
www.bushcountry.org... no response
www.surfingtheapocalypse.com... no response
www.godlikeproductions.com... disclaimer posted on relevant threads
www.freerepublic.com... no response
www.rumourmillsnews.com... no response

[Edited on 9-5-2004 by porschedrifter]

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I saw the post in question and also posted it here,www.abovetopsecret.com... but I gave the due credit with links. If it has been plagerized then by all means delete the thread. I had no idea. I read it and thought it was interesting so I posted it.

Sorry to have caused any trouble, I was unaware.

Baked

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Baked, this has nothing to do with you dont worry about it, I didnt direct this at you either... The guy was saying that someone on the forum where he originally posted this on timebomb2000.com copied the story onto bushcountry.com and took credit for it.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
sue him for plagearism, you can for damages to your users information and for taking credited for your hard work. if i were you i would sue him

top topics

join