It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Should Not Vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
No, seriously. Most of you should not vote, because most Americans are clueless to what's going on, don't understand the laws, haven't read the constitution, don't know a thing about government, and don't understand the difference between politician A and politician B.

If you're one of the people mentioned above, what do you think makes you qualified to vote? All you are doing is mucking up the system with random ballots that always end up bolstering the Republican/Democrat duopoly, while marginalizing independent and third party candidates. And all we ever get is the same damn thing, year after year.

Some of you like to make issues out of irrelevant, inconsequential fluff. Some of you don't even understand what freedom is, or what "liberty" means, and why it's in our constitution. Some of you don't even know that America is not a democracy (The founding fathers didn't want a democracy.), because a mob can not be trusted to rule itself. Yet that is exactly what an election is, in the 21st century: Appeal to the lowest common denominator of ignorant apes who show up at the polls bi-annually to blindly vote down the party line or wish to legislate opinions at the cost of our freedom and money.

The only issues these people can understand are oversimplified misrepresentations of government function in terms of "right or wrong," "good or bad," "evil or not-evil," and so on. They are incapable or unwilling to delve into critical analysis of anything. They are simply pawned off, from one major party to another, to one candidate who is exactly like the other candidate, until their appetite for the vote wanes and the next sucker steps into the booth, repeating the same process.

To you I say: Don't Vote! Sit at home, watch the football game, drink a beer, and play video games. Leave the important stuff to people who know what's going on.

OR

Spend some time learning the facts, and less time bitching and complaining about irrelevant crap.

If your vote is based on ignorance, you don't deserve to have an opinion on anything the government is doing!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Nice rant Kaytagg. You make a hell of a lot more sense than all that "rock the vote" tripe that goes on during an election.

Not voting for a persons' colour, not voting for a persons' personality, but actually voting for someone who can represent and lead this country?

Racist!
Bigot!
Hate monger!
Fear monger

S&F

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hmmmm this is the second thread like this i have seen today.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
My reply to this thread is on that one.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Thanks

reply to post by DrumsRfun

That thread inspired me to make this one.

I think it's great that people are getting some fire in their belly about the state of this wretched government of ours. It's not that I really think people are stupid, I just think most of them don't give a crap. The state of affairs in this country could be vastly different, if only people took the time to get informed and had the balls to vote for who THEY think is right.

There's so much pressure to be pigeonholed into voting against a candidate, when in reality you're voting for the same policy and platform, just with a different face.

That could be easily fixed, simply by ignoring the fluff (the stuff that's designed to divide us) and focusing on issues that matter.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

I feel it is a complacency because of the quality of life...nobody really cares until they have nothing.
People are not stupid they just don't realize the constitution is being ripped apart and their rights are being taken away.
I am not American but can still appreciate the constitution....well what it used to mean anyways.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Well said. If people aren't hungry then they could not care less. If people are safe, same thing.

That's why I'm looking forward to 2010. Unfortunately, people are going to be hungry, feel unsafe, afraid of their healthcare, afraid of their own government.

Hopefully it will wake people up.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
No, seriously. Most of you should not vote, because most Americans are clueless to what's going on

If you dont intend to vote then dont complain about whos in government. Regardless of your own negativity over the administrations of the past and present that shouldnt be an excuse for you to not use your given right to have your say on election day.

haven't read the constitution,

So must individuals recite the entire constitution before they vote? Isnt this a free nation? People should vote on what issues they believe are important, regardless of whether it conflicts with the views of you are those of the past. The founding fathers established the nation to host free and democratic elections, people should be free to vote on the issues they believe in.

Seriously if you dont intend to vote, dont complain.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Leave the important stuff to people who know what's going on.

Okay, now that made me laugh!

First, what the hell is important?
I think my bottle of water is important.
And no way I'm going to leave my bottle of water to anyone just because they "know what is going on".

So tell me, who the hell knows whats going on? Cause I would really appreciate a conversation with whoever that is.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Here this explains it well!
Caution, potty talk! OH no!

If you vote them in and they screw it up, YOU are therefore just as responsible! Think on that for awhile.

In a democracy, 49% of the people get screwed everytime,
in OUR so called 'elections', everyone gets screwed ALL THE TIME!

I do not vote, I withhold my consent(and help) in perpetuating this sham.
I have not voted these conductors into office so.........
I in no way feel responsible for the trainwreck that is upon us.
He/she who is meant to win, does. Its that simple.

We peed in the bed, now we have to sleep in it.

This country was sold and chopped up a long time ago.
Like George says, its all so we think we have a say so in things!

How naive is that!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Well said my friend.
We are living in some strange times and its time to quit being politically correct.
We have been bought and paid for by the goofballs we call leaders.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Thanks for that, I got a good laugh

You're absolutely right.

Although, I think there's still hope -- and we should all vote. There are plenty of fringe candidates that you can vote for instead of the muppets who win the dem/repub primaries -- and you should vote for some of them, I think. They won't win, but if enough people do it, TPTB will start to open their ears to what Americans want (lower taxes, less government, war as a last resort, more freedom and liberty to do what we want as long as it's not hurting someone else). They will listen, less they lose control of the country (Oh what a shame that would be)

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Thanks guys! I agree Kaytagg.
Its time to throw away political ideologies once and for all!
Imagine if we could have a REAL independant candidate!
Now try to imagine if they actually won! Great point OP!
I cant personally imagine that, but worth a try.
and I do have a vivid imagination!
I just keep thinking about what happened to JFK!

[edit on 23-7-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think what people REALLY need to do, is know what is required of an elected official to be impeached from office and then IMPEACH their asses when they screw up!

There was a bill passed in Illinois for Michael Jackson:

"At the end of last month, the Illinois Senate adopted a non-binding resolution mourning Jackson's death and paying tribute to his life in music.

It was filed by state Sen. Mattie Hunter, D-Chicago.

"WHEREAS, Michael Jackson's legacy of number 1 hits and legendary dance moves will be remembered fondly by the countless musicians who have learned from Mr. Jackson's work, as well as the millions of adoring fans who loved him and his music." the resolution reads in part.

The resolution doesn't make note of Jackson's tumultuous life outside of the recording studio.

Lawmakers often file resolutions honoring the deaths of constituents or other notable people.

The resolution is Senate Resolution 344."

When the Illinois state lawmakers heard the announcement, they were angry that the resolution was never announced in the meeting. It was in the stack of other documents being voted on, but none of them read the documents, therefore, none of them were aware what they were voting on.

IMPEACH the lazy people in office just voting "Yes" on these bills without reading them!

This is what truly scares me about H.R. 3200!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
vote out all incumbents.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

I personally believe that people who lack high school diplomas or an equivalent should not vote. Yes, I could vote before I graduated. But since most people graduate at around 18, and the voting age is 18, that wouldn't need to change for most people. But um,

I mean I know life is hard and school is hard and reading is hard. But if you haven't graduated high school or some advanced school besides middle school (like people who don't graduate high school but who graduate college) then um... I honestly don't think you should vote.

But I'm a mean person.

I'd like for just people who are intelligent to vote. But that would be way too difficult to facilitate.

EXCEPT people who have concerns about things like healthcare or certain kinds of research or whatever... that would be difficult. Because if someone really cares about an issue, they should have a say. But they should know all the repricussions.

Which is why this is kind of cyclical.

[edit on 7/23/2009 by ravenshadow13]

top topics

join