It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Bright Eyes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Operation Bright Eyes

www.myfoxorlando.com

SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Bright House Networks is launching a new neighborhood watch initiative Thursday.

Operation Bright Eyes is designed to maximize the eyes and ears of Bright House Networks field service representatives and other employees to easily identify suspicious behavior and to quickly report criminal activities to police.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
A cable television company is training its employees to spy on the locals. I somehow get the feeling that there's more to this than is being reported.

The owners of a cable company, most likely, wouldn't just initiate a program like this, of their own volition. It means funding extra training for workers with no possibility of profit. It just doesn't help their bottom line.

If they were "convinced" to begin this surveillance, then who's responsible for that? Who put them up to this and what exactly are they looking for?

TA

www.myfoxorlando.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-7-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I road with an locomotive engineer (before I was laid off from conducting) that was telling me he spotted some kids buying weed across the street from the video camera he KEEPS mounted inside of his house to view the outside street.

I was thinking of Cartman saying...."...dude, lame"

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Seminole County has MAJOR issues with drug dealing, marijuana growth, meth labs and drug-related burglaries, to name a few problems. Somehow I think this is more what they are talking about than some nebulous conspiracy to entrap gunowners and patriots that was posted on the earlier thread. There also is a very large illegal immigrant population in Central Florida and various counties are stepping up arrests as much as possible.

A meth lab was busted in a motel room in Clermont last night which is about 20 minutes from Seminole, there have been several others busted here in the past couple of weeks. I strongly doubt that Bright House is orchestrating a spy network, from experience their techs are overloaded and barely have the adequate time to fix a cable problem, much less spy on you.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Don't be made, thread already exist at www.abovetopsecret.com... please continue post future comments there. TY

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

Apologies, Rams59lb. Did a search and got nothing. Please continue on Rams59lb's thread.

TA

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
this can't be good. As far as I recall don't remember ever recalling that a cable company has the right to play neighborhood watch dogs. That's like
putting a lifetime criminal in government seat. Crap we've already done that several times lol.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with this in my opinion.

Our local cable company is always involved in community awareness. Their service reps volunteer on Halloween to drive their vans around town to spot for perverts ( an hopefully run them over)!!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

I love that The Hives album! 2002

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

There can be a "Breaking News" thread even if there's already an existing thread in another forum. In fact, you get more points in the "Breaking News" forum. So,
to TheAssociate.

On topic-

I live in Orlando, and the cops are everywhere, but if they have to recruit cable workers to do their bidding, then you know something ain't right. If they'd just legalize, then there wouldn't be a need to spy on people, and over-crowded jails wouldn't be full of non-violent offenders who are a burden on the state. If you could buy it at a drugstore, then there wouldn't be a violent, cross-border illegal drug trade. Hell, now would be the time to capitalize off legalizing. Ah, but some things will never change... until our Gov'ts find another source of enormous profit, then they will continue to covertly reap the benefits.

Why do you think they crack down so hard on meth production? Cause its something people can make in their garage, same thing with marijuana, so it cuts into their highly profitable heroine and coc aine trade overseas.

Funny how the two countries we invaded overseas, are now the top opium producing countries, or at least I know Afghanistan is, and Iraqi farmers are quickly turning to lucrative opium crops.

U.S. "Interests" = Hardcore Drugs

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by aecreate

I agree 110%. Another great thing about legalization is it actually makes it harder for kids to get drugs: store clerks check ID's, drug dealers don't. Add that to the benefit of not having to train cable guys to help the cops snoop and you got yourself a win-win situation.

TA

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Please contribute to the already existing thread found here.

Closing thread.

new topics

top topics

join