It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is death and destruction something bad?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

My questions are rhetoric. I just put my ideas in form of questions as to make it easier for other people to express themselves.

But I do indeed have a question behind the questions.
And that is: Why not just let it be? What keeps you from letting it be?
I see that a lot of people have a hard time letting it be.
I'd like to hear from these people their unique perspective.

I hate to say it, but I disagree with you. Sorry to disappoint.
I think society is meant to serve people and not the other way around.
If we use our current situation as a baseline of thought I would say that society in itself is destructive. So any participant and promoter of society is a destroyer, even though the intentions are the best. You know how it goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

From what I understand the current mainstream concept of society is constructed on top of an "us and them" ideology. So, this consequently has to be followed by hate and destruction of others, both from outside the society and from withing the society. From your reasoning then I conclude that we are all denizens of wrongsville, which makes us all wrongdoers.

And this is all on a social level. I could elaborate much much more on a metaphysical level. But no need to speed things up.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
Because it causes pain? I'm sure enough that life and construction can also cause pain.
Is there anything that cannot cause pain?

I know that a lot of people fight against death and destruction. Isn't this fight an attempt to destroy or kill something? I am just trying to understand why so many people are worried and feel the need to "do something".

I see threads about pandemics, cataclysms, anarchy, fanaticism, ignorance, etc.
Why even bother about these possibilities?
Isn't this just an attempt to hold on to what we believe we have?
Do we really have anything?
If possible, could anyone explain to me what "to have" means?

How can you judge anything as being bad?
It may be that you don't like something. But that doesn't mean that thing is bad.
I believe something is only bad if it doesn't work for everyone. And until now I haven't found one thing that doesn't work for everyone. In my perspective such thing wouldn't even exist! Why would it?

I know this is really thought provoking.
Its supposed to be.
I could keep on writing, but this is a thread and not an essay.
Lets build the idea by sharing our thoughts.

It usually involves the taking away of somebody's life from them or the taking away of free will...................That is why it is bad........

It hinders advancement also and disturbs the balance, but it is also part of the balance.....

How do we know what Perfect is without death and destruction to compare it too?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

So, do we HAVE life and free will to have it taken away?
Or ARE we life and free will in essence and nothing can change that?

How can something that is part of the balance disturb the balance? That was kind of confusing. Can you elaborate on it?

Wait, what? Are you saying that perfection is the opposite of something? I always thought that perfection had no opposites or was the opposition in itself?
Care to share a little bit more of what you have in mind?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geladinhu
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Wait, what? Are you saying that perfection is the opposite of something? I always thought that perfection had no opposites or was the opposition in itself?
Care to share a little bit more of what you have in mind?

Even if everything was perfect, some things would still be more perfect than others.
A perfect dog is more perfect than a perfect stick.
Things on a higher level of perfection are by definition destructive to the other lesser perfect things around them...the gravity just flows that way.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

The funniest part is that you are so god damn right!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join