It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are free!!! :D

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
as we can be for now.

I traded my old van for a camper, and just fixed it all up.

Got a wind turbine for powering the computer and fridge and heat etc....

Dehumidifyer for fresh water collected right out of the air, and will be adding a water cashe system of sorts as well...

Compost toilet, veggies and fruits galore all growing etc. up in the top part for an extra bed above the drivers consil..

We are totally stoced with food stuffs that can be seeded and grown quickly, like beans and lentils, peanut tree, sunflowers in pots, wheat grass juicer etc, etc, etc, etc....

We own our house, but spend 99% of our time out here now.

We are renting out our house to friends and just have the basement suite, but don't even really need it anymore...

We LOVE it!

I do have a 4 1/2 year old though, so we are going to still have to go to town everyday for his school etc, but every day we are closer and closer to complete freedom, and school etc is just for fun for him, I am teaching him everything he needs to know to live, like growing plants etc...

We are having an absolute blast, still living a but in both worlds, but just our obligations.

If the SHTF we can drop our obligations as well, and continue on our merry way!

We live in such an isolated are, that people can only get here by boat or ferry, thoughwe ARE on the maimland and not on an island, so we don't have to worry about city people comming up and looting etc, since most peple up here are already quite self sufficient as well..... almost every yard has a greenhouse and incredibly thriving gardens etc, so most of us help each other out as opposed to stealing etc...... it is so great!

Last year we didn't have the camper yet but still stayed in the wilderness for 4 months straight, in a tent, now we are good to go in the winter as well.

this year I have my travelling greenhouse (the camper) to go along with us though, and we couldn'tbe happier..... we dread going in the house, we only use it for bathing etc when we aren't swimming in the lake all day etc......

we couldn't BE much happier!

So any others who are almost free now as well.....any tips or pointers? Or just share your joy!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Sounds really cool

Can you provide any more details? how large exactly is your camper?

sounds like your describing a trailer park.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Arent you still responsible for registration, insurance and taxes? Fuel?

Dont get me wrong, what you have sounds good and all but it seems that without your rental income you're S.O.L..

Because of taxation we're all S.O.L. without an income of some sort. Unless we go the vagrant route.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

It is just a tiny little camper, mabey 20 feet long?

We aren't completely free yet, but close, it the SHTF we would just drive off basically, and already be used to living in here practically full time etc.

It is so fun!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Well, for now we are just out camping, or in the front yard when we have to be...

Also, for now, we will ust get A to B permits to drive places...

We are as free as can be for now, and once the SHTF, permits etc won't matter anyways...

I really couldn't care much about the house for now etc...so worst case scenario, we are good.

We aren't completely free as of yet, but if we needed to be, we are now completely ready!

new topics

top topics

join