It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayors, rabbis arrested in U.S. corruption probe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
As a New Jersey resident news like this does not surpirse me in the least. In my opinion we have the most corrupt politcal machine this side of Chicago and is the root cause of our exhorbitant taxes. This had been going on for decades and is pratically enured into our culture.

It would not surprise me if this eventualy involved Governor Corzine as he has already been brushed by previous scandals. For those who think this stems from the top I have another opinion. It actually starts at the local level where each town in the state is practically a fiefdom unto itself. Draconian laws and regualtions almost force a 'pay-to-play' type atmosphere where bribery is the norm. I could cite numerous instances where people I know-including family-were somehow effected by governmental corruption, and the people who particpate in the same, at various levels, and were the worse for being touched by this type of reprehensible behavior.

The only remedy, if this culture can even be repaired, is a grassroots effort to properly vet our candidates and have a much higher level of transparency. This also needs to be coupled with more proactive community participation as these persons would get away with much less if all of us became more civily active.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Officials lambast NJ corruption after 44 arrested

Dateline Today.

High Taxes might be a reason.
Sock it to the man.
Now the man socks it to them.
Hidden money, hidden secrets.
The biggest criminal in bank fraud scouted out these small fry.
Poetic justice.
Justice, you never know when is coming.
What they needed was 'How to avoid justice for dummies".

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I hear the mayor even bragged about it, it was caught on tap and he still got elected.

How does that happen, has everyone lost their minds?

Or?

The elections really are fixed!!??

WOW what a story, MW must be tickled pink.

lol

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
The elections really are fixed!!??

Fixed in sense that there is very little difference between the political parties in New Jersey. It does not matter who you vote for as the likelihood of them being corrupt is rather high.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by orkson

I was actually counting the time until Jew bashing would begin.

Well it's a few hours off, but oh well.

May I ever so kindly ask what a few organ-selling rabbis have to do with Zionism?

Zionism is the support of an Israeli state and Jewish homeland.

What on Earth are you seeing that relates to that here?

Is any Jew arrested somehow part of some grand Zionist conspiracy?

Think before you speak. It's a lesson hard to learn, I know. But you could at least try.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
removed because it was off-topic.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by TXRabbit]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Zionism is the support of an Israeli state and Jewish homeland. What on Earth are you seeing that relates to that here

Didn't you read the article? Much of the money received by the rabbis was SENT TO ISRAEL. I would say that is support of the Israeli state.
Furthermore, knocking Zionism is not "Jew bashing" as you say. I have no problem with the existence of Israel, and certainly have no problem with the religion of Judaism. I do have a problem with the undue influence that Israel has on Congress and the Presidents over the years. Israel has more lobbyists in DC than any oil company, and as an "ally"(really?) of the the US, they have more spies in this country than the Soviet Union ever had. If that doesn't bother you, then you're not paying attention.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Sent to Israel for organs ans such. Not the government. learn to differentiate

If I send money to Iran for my relative, it is not funding the Iranian government.

Also lobbyist just say their points. There's no rule that says they have to be listened to. The congress person gives them their time, they listen, and then it is their decision to care or not.

If you feel threatened by someone giving their point of view to your elected officials, then lobby and give your views.

Unless you think a lobbyist is something else. Because that's all they are. Advertisements for a cause. nothing more.

And the only spy I recall is Pollard, who, mind you, acted on his own free will, and was not sent by the Israeli government. If someone wants to give me information, even on my allies, give it to me. The more knowing, the more ready.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
the times they are a changing!

the times they are a changing!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Also lobbyist just say their points. There's no rule that says they have to be listened to. The congress person gives them their time, they listen, and then it is their decision to care or not. If you feel threatened by someone giving their point of view to your elected officials, then lobby and give your views. Unless you think a lobbyist is something else. Because that's all they are. Advertisements for a cause. nothing more. And the only spy I recall is Pollard, who, mind you, acted on his own free will, and was not sent by the Israeli government. If someone wants to give me information, even on my allies, give it to me. The more knowing, the more ready.

You are either very naive or completely in denial. First of all, most of the lobbyists do much more than "say their points". Hundreds of millions of dollars are shunted to members of Congress through dummy "charities" and interest groups contributed by lobbyists.
As to Israeli spies in the US, you can't be serious.

Get educated:
wake-up-america.net...

Suspected Israeli Spies Held by U.S by Carl Cameron WASHINGTON — Some 60 Israelis, who federal investigators have said are part of a long-running effort to spy on American government officials, are among the hundreds of foreigners detained since the Sept. 11 terror attacks, Fox News has learned. The Israelis, a handful of whom are described as active Israeli military or intelligence operatives, have been detained on immigration charges or under the new Patriot Anti-Terrorism Law. Federal investigators said some of them failed polygraph questions inquiring about alleged surveillance activities against and in the United States.

www.commondreams.org...

[edit on 25-7-2009 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well I thank you on the spies part. But my fact remains. Where's the rule that says you can't spy on your allies?

But as to lobbyists, you are still forgetting one key factor. The people they give to still have to make the decision to go along with it.

let me give you an example. I know a kid who's parents were rich, and donated to Harvard every year in large quantities. Went out to dinner with the professors, donated in his son's name, etc etc ever since they knew they were pregnant. Yet despite all this, and contributions probably in the millions over the 18 years, Harvard still rejected the child. Oh you can bet they were pissed, and the child was angry for a long time. But that's life.

Lobbyists are no different. The responsibility to go along with a plan is still within the hands of the elected representative.

If you do not like your representatives being turned to sides through cash, elect different ones. Until then ,live with the consequences of our election selection

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

But as to lobbyists, you are still forgetting one key factor. The people they give to still have to make the decision to go along with it.

Actually, I realize that. The problem, as I'm sure you and I am aware of, is that once in office, many of them get caught up in the graft and corruption. It seems that the money and power are just too much for them to resist.
As to the election process, hear me out. When representative government was put in place, there were good reasons for it. First of all, a very small percentage of the population were even literate, and most people were just too busy to take time to participate in government. Today, things are very different. Although we still need a methodology to introduce bills, with our technology, it would be very possible to set up true democratic elections, where every legal citizen could vote on issues and bills. Unlike the present system, where there is no way to stop a representative from voting against the wishes of his constituents, with such a system, bills would only pass if a majority of citizens voted for the bill. Furthermore, this would eliminate the presidential primary system, in which a very small percentage of the citizens end up selecting the candidates. Corruption would be virtually eliminated, because in order to effect an election or vote, the lobbyists would have to bribe tens of millions of people.
I was involved with the local political process for a time, and I can tell you that it is virtually impossible for someone to get in office without making many deals with the devil, something I would not do. Thus, the process predisposes that elected officials are, in large, quite corrupted and bought.
In a perfect world, what you propose would absolutely work, but not in this world, IMHO.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
First, i am glad that criminals got caught.
Second - for Zionist trumpeters - Israeli police was involved in this investigation and gathered evidence here.
Third - it is illegal to buy Human organs in Israel , people either go abroad for this or wait for very very very long line of organs from donors who agree to give it for free. Or when people who agreed to become donors after death die. Buying organs in Israel is impossible.
Four - Israeli party - Shas - expressed concern after this criminal network was caught since they gave a lot of money to schools/institutions connected to Shas and they fear that those places can crumble as a result. So this is where money went in Israel (or maybe there are other places too but this is what media here reports).

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I would not agree to this. In a nation where 1/3 still believe the government physically did 9/11, 1/5th think the moon landing never happened, and 1/4 are Religiously-imperialistic thinkers, wanting to block out all other religious rights, and a bunch of other problems, I feel this is just not the way to go. And the fact that direct democracy never works for long.

A much better way would be a mutation of what you're talking about, where every 2 weeks polls are given. When a person drops bellow 3/4 popularity, they're out. There's no time for corruption, because time is only done with appeasing to the people, rather than self interest.

But, as the founding fathers knew, the people can be wrong, as aforementioned. A fail safe to the system would be that someone getting kicked out can file a suit to the supreme court. A poll is given asking what the people disagree on the most with the person, and then the candidate can decide to give a case for why he does what the people don't like. A jury of peers, maybe 13, are selected to hear his case. If the candidate can successfully unanimously sway the constituent jury, he gets another month to do what he wants.

This way, the republic still exists, majority and minority rule is prevented and protection of both is also secured.

Make this system for every state leader, and every general, and the need for a president is eliminated, and the republic is saved.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Gorman91]

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hold on to your hats..

News coming in that a Key player in this probe has just been found dead,

Im sure the news channels will be covering it Very shortly

Jack M. Shaw, one of the key players in the massive New Jersey corruption probe, has been found dead, NBC New York reports.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by asala]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Probably a Mossad Kidon unit liquidating compromised sayanims.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

First, i am glad that criminals got caught. Second - for Zionist trumpeters - Israeli police was involved in this investigation and gathered evidence here.

I also heard that Jimmy Hoffa helped out in the investigations so bent officials are innocent too.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Here is the link to the story about his death:

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Woa woa woa.

Holy crap, I got to see where this will lead.

This is most interesting.

I got to go to sleep right now, but what makes him so important?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join