It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody know the whereabouts of Maj. Jack Downing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone here knows the recent whereabouts of an individual who went by the name of Maj. Jack Downing?

I clearly remember conversing with him on the net back in 1997 for a short time:
FIGURING OUT MAJ. JACK DOWNING
www.angelfire.com...

Apparently he was online only for a few months in 1997.

Recently, after I wrote about my brief strange experience with enigmatic Col. John Alexander in his office in the early 1990's, a fellow researcher made a comment to me, saying that:

"Maj. Downing once said that he observed Alexander lurking and/or participating full-time in many internet forums relating to conspiracy, UFOs, mind control, etc. under various pseudonyms. Downing implied that Col. John Alexander was "managing" conspiracy theory on the internet since the early days, playing a much bigger role in the shaping of this scene that anyone can possibly imagine"

www.myspace.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is some very interesting information Norio, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I have never heard about it, but now that you brought it up I believe that these possibilities could very well be true.

TPTB would definitely have had an early start on keeping conspiracy theories under control, and guiding them into the direction they want.

If you find anymore information please post it, as I am always interested to read anything you have discovered.

I only wish I saw you around here more often Norio!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

A topic close to my heart and one you may recall we corresponded about briefly, previously. Yes, I'd love to know about Major Jack's whereabouts.

And for those of you who aren't familiar with Major Jack, once you've perused Norio's links above, check this out.

It's a real rabbit hole. Major Jack's book was never written, or at least, never published beyond the notes in that link.

How about we get some Diggs on this thread, maybe a shot at having it get some wider exposure?

[edit on 7/23/2009 by yeahright]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
www.britannica.com...
Turns out he may not even exist but check out this link.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
So what since that link says he is fictional, does that mean they killed him?

He certainly seems like someone that would get a hit on them, and then a whitewash op. He just talked to much.

That is, if he is even real. I am going to keep reading about this, it is quite baffling.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Beach Bum

Nope, that's a different guy completely. Civil War stuff.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
reply to post by Beach Bum

Nope, that's a different guy completely. Civil War stuff.

How can you tell? What if the name was used again by someone who needed to stay anonymous?

Ahhh, my head is gonna explode

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I'm referring to the link given. There was a fictional Civil War officer named Maj Jack Downing which was a literary creation of Seba Smith. Has nothing to do with the Maj Downing MiB guy. Trust me (or not), I've been chasing this shadow for years.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

I knew there was a reason I was hanging around here all day! Stargates, Remote Viewing, historical accounts of threads long past.

I just started reading the first link you provided OP. I can't wait to get up to speed.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Oh he's a mufon type well then try their website and ask around that might work. Barring that good luck on your hunt it might take a while.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure Maj Jack was never a MUFON guy. We're talking deep cover Black Ops here, if the story is accurate. Over the years I've become convinced that major Jack is/was real. How much of his story is real, I have no idea. If you read the link I provided above, you'll get to the part about the Kalo Lowve. That's where it really starts to get good.

Let's skip to the end of the link I gave above, just for context-

I've said a lot about the Black Ops Brethren and the BOpFFOr, which are,
were, and probably will always be profoundly black operations, despite my
detailed recounts. What are the odds that these projects will be leaked or
declassified? Well that really depends on all of you. In my lifetime, I
expect not to see this stuff brought out, but I feel that if dedicated UFO
and Black Ops investigators, in cooperation with the media (naturally) can
pry open the history of the 1127th, a veritable Pandora's box of Black
Operations will spring forth, literally exposing all of the lies of
UFO/alien abductions, and dramatically alter trends in our culture which we
take for granted. It will result in a whole new understanding of technology,
black operations, and the organization of clandestine operations in
government intelligence. If this can be done soon enough, X-day might be
averted, as well as the consequent police-state actions planned to coincide
with it.

Just a taste.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Cool so maybe he's either been suicided or in hiding somewhere and doesn't want to be found if he is hiding maybe we shouldn't look for him. that might be the best in a situation like this.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Regarding this conversation I found?

RAHEEM: Can you comment on the whole Roswell craze?

DOWNING: Yeah. It is a damn media circus, nothing more. Nothing extraordinary
happened ... an experimental stealth plane went down. The farmer was
debriefed, the media got hold of it, and we had to contrive a story to keep
details of the crash from the Russians ... it was (at) the start of the Cold
War, if you'll recall.

Does this ring true to you, or do you think of it as disinformation.

This is clearly very important to the whole topic as Roswell is the poster child of the issue. If true it shines a completely different light on the whole UFO - Alien relationship.

I'm also curious as to whether or not the Betty and Barney Hill story as they recount it is possibly planted memory to cover something they saw? Something very earthly and very Black Op's. Your opinion?

Sorry for slipping off topic here.

[edit on 7/24/2009 by Blaine91555]

top topics

join