It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Professor Arrest A Complete Fabrication?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I am sure you have all heard about it by now.

Prominent Harvard Professor gets arrested, Obama calls it "stupid", Sgt Jim Crowley says he won't apologize, etc etc.

www.cnn.com...

Here is why I think this MUST be fabricated, it is just TOO coincidental.

They are making it out to be a "Cops pick on black people all the time" type issue.

The Cops name is "JIM CROWLEY"

Get it? The "JIM CROW LAWS"?

en.wikipedia.org...

"The Jim Crow laws were state and local laws in the United States enacted between 1876 and 1965. They mandated de jure segregation in all public facilities, with a supposedly "separate but equal" status for black Americans. In reality, this led to treatment and accommodations that were usually inferior to those provided for white Americans, systematizing a number of economic, educational and social disadvantages."

Get it? This has gotta be fabricated!

Jim Crowley the "racist cop". LOL Its just way too dang coincidental.

I mean cmon, what are the odds? One in a quadrillion?

The people who are "creating the news" are just sooo unoriginal. Its getting very tiresome. Think about how freaky that coincidence is!!!

It must be faked/fabricated!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I dont know about it but it would be a very good thing for him in getting minority support.

PS i hate obama

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The cop did his job. Normally I have no respect for cops but it sounds like he did his job and is taking a load of b.s. for nothing. This so called Harvard Professor should know better than to keep this an issue nonstop
it's racist and I'm pretty sure it's reverse racism at best. As for Obama I didn't vote for him and never would. I'm a registered Republican but I've never voted once in my life for a presidential candidate and things keep going the way they do I never will.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Sheese how many topics on the subject,

anyway,

Cop who arrested black scholar is profiling expert

The white police sergeant criticized by President Barack Obama for arresting black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. in his Massachusetts home is a police academy expert on racial profiling.

Cambridge Sgt. James Crowley has taught a class on racial profiling for five years at the Lowell Police Academy after being hand-picked for the job by former police Commissioner Ronny Watson, who is black, said Academy Director Thomas Fleming.

"I have nothing but the highest respect for him as a police officer. He is very professional and he is a good role model for the young recruits in the police academy," Fleming told The Associated Press on Thursday.

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 033131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
OMG, they changed his name right in front of my eyes!

I Swear that article from CNN said "JIM CROWLEY"

Now it says "JAMES"

What in the royal %*(&@???!!

Edit= Oh it still does say Jim. Check out the Caption under the Photo.

Jim Crowley.

By the way, anyone going to respond to the conspiracy I pointed out?
Or are we just gonna talk about the silly event still?

I was trying to point out a incredibly rare coincidence that "JIM CROWLEY" and "JIM CROW LAWS" were uncannily similar. Thus why I think it is all fabricated...

[edit on 23-7-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
OMG, they changed his name right in front of my eyes!

I Swear that article from CNN said "JIM CROWLEY"

Now it says "JAMES"

Jim is the diminutive form of James. In some parts of the Nation, the diminutive form of a name is generally the familiar form of the formal birth name.

So using "Jim" instead of "James" would be appropriate if he was your drinking bud, your sibling, or your spouse...but not appropriate for CNN unless the diminutive form was his formal birth name as well.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Beach Bum

So in other words, you have no respect for cops but you're going to make an exception for this one because you dislike Mr. obama.

God damn I'm so glad that ATS exists to keep us all informed and chase away the spectres of ignorance!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
OP, I give you a thumbs up for your above average ability to detect potential disinformation/propaganda. However, I have to give a thumbs down for not doing your homework afterward.

The website of the City of Cambridge Massachusetts Police Department shows a Sgt. James Crowley assigned to the Detail Office. Thus, the entire City of Cambridge Massachusetts Police Department would have to be in on the Conspiracy.

A people search shows 10 different people named James Crowley living in or around Cambridge.

If you research those names even further then you find all the background information you could want on the officer in question.

That's an awful lot of background information to fabricate, requiring the collusion of Credit Reporting Agencies, Courts, etc. This would have also had to have been planned at least 7 years ago to get this level of background detail.

The person checks out to where even the CIA couldn't have made up an identity this detailed.

So, strike another one up for coincidence...but I'll give you a Star anyway for catching an ironic twist to the whole story.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus

Jim is the diminutive form of James. In some parts of the Nation, the diminutive form of a name is generally the familiar form of the formal birth name.

So using "Jim" instead of "James" would be appropriate if he was your drinking bud, your sibling, or your spouse...but not appropriate for CNN unless the diminutive form was his formal birth name as well.

Ahhh ok, ya your right. I had a cousin in law named James and they did indeed call him Jim.

My bad, Im an idiot. LOL

Thanks for reminding me, it has been over 20 years since I heard anyone say those two names together.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

They do not have to fabricate all of the background info. They just have to fabricate the incident.

Was there really a call to 911 about a break in? I have yet to hear the 911 tapes.

Did the incident even really happen?

Ok, for a moment let us assume it was all real.

What is this, like some sort of bizarre history repeats itself?

Is he racist simply because his name made him so?
It is a very crazy coincidence if none of this was planned.

And why is Obama so interested in it?

Oh man there are just so many weird things about this. Too many.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well, the incident happened, however I do think you are right about one thing...something about it smells fishy. The fact that the Boston Globe published one Police Report with Sgt. James Crowley's entire narrative on Monday and then pulled it the next day to replace it with a different Police Report that is without the narrative by Sgt. James Crowley shows some kind of cover-up. That is highly suspicious. The Boston Globe claims that they were protecting their source as the original had the identifier of the person who printed the document (which is entirely understandable, but that doesn't explain as to why republished document would differ so dramatically from the original in the actual narrative).

Second of all, and this might be my misunderstanding of Law Enforcement in Massachusetts, but I was under the impression that Law Enforcement Officers assigned to the Detail Office, such as Sgt. James Crowley worked Department-assigned paid details when police detail is needed at a function where there is an anticipated attendance of 100 or more or any function where alcohol is served with expected attendance of 100 or more guests. These aren't Detectives or Beat Cops but Crowd Control and Traffic Control Cops. So, what was Sgt. James Crowley doing responding to a reports of a Burglary if he was assigned to the Detail Office Force at the City of Cambridge Police Department?

It doesn't add up. I totally agree with you there. I don't believe that the entire thing was fabricated, although I admit that there could be a possibility that it was indeed be a staged incident...as not everything adds up.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

wow Thank you for the insightful research you have conducted (I suppose inadvertently).

You have pointed out far more concrete inconsistencies than my simple revelation of coincidental name-similarities.

The fact he was a "crowd control cop" responding to a burglary, ALONE, is quite bizarre in of it's self.

It is like the more I learn about this incident, the more screwed up it becomes lol.

Cannot believe the BG took down the narrative. I need to find a copy of the original, I'd love to read it. Ill go have a look. TYVM Fraterormus

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Sounds fishy to me too....

BTW, I almost fell down laughing last night when, while watching FAUX news, they announced that OSAMA BIN LADEN"S SON may have been killed by a jet fighter...a few months ago!!!!

LOL

Its funny because they always need to keep us on our toes and keep reminding us that there is still a "boogie man" on the loose and to keep taking our few Rights we still have left.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by ButterCookie]

new topics

top topics

join