It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why save humanity? What is left that is so important?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sh1fty

I will accept that your advice was given in good faith with no hostile intent. I will disagree with you, however. I have never been one to pawn my problems off on someone else. Otherwise don't you think life would be a little brighter? If I didn't have to deal with my own problems? Life has always been gloomy for me simply because that is how I deal with it. Everyone is different, and this is me.

reply to post by cindymars

I was a goth back in the school days. Not so much anymore as I have been forced to conform in order to support myself in the adult life. I do not smile much out of habit. Not because of constant depression every second of the day but more because I can find no real reason to smile. Day to day, my life is pretty regular. Not bad. There is always room for improvement, though I am sure that is true for most everyone.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Mr. Toodles, Death Priest,

This is what you have chosen, to be gloomy. As you've seen, happiness and joy is also an available choice which exists in possibility, but you've chosen gloominess for you, and that's fine.

But don't take that choice and project it out and suggest that humanity is not worthy of salvation.

Ironically, it's through all the pain and suffering in the world that humanity will be saved, or if it is to be saved, it will come by reaching the end of insane suffering.

It sounds to me like you've conformed to a certain type of dark worldview.

But you could choose another way of being, and another complete personality, since you invent yourself moment by moment based on who you choose to be, and how you are occuring in the world.

There is a lot more available to you, is all I'm saying, so don't be too quick to label yourself a "gloomy" person, that's just a label and a construct in your mind.

You COULD decide to start being happy and joyful, but changing your appearance, SMILING a lot, like the other poster suggested and surrounding yourself with joy and happiness, but that's not what you choose.

Just be aware that you are at cause in it and at choice, that's all.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I think I will cease my explanations. I understand completely what everyone is saying. And what I see in my mind cannot be explained linguistically. As I have already demonstrated. I asked why people wanted humanity to be saved. People gave me reasons why they felt humanity was worth it. I never asked to be told that I am a pitiful, sad individual because in all reality I am not. Something happened to me today that DID, in fact, provoke a feeling of happiness within me but I will not explain it.

I understand happiness is what you want it to be. All things are by choice, and humanity deserves the right to exist just as any other creature on this blue world of endless genetic diversity. And for me, I cannot compare what makes me happy to what makes others happy because it is so opposite of what most consider "Happy".

I will probably spend my entire life trying hopelessly to explain, but I will always fail because I am the only one that I can prove has thought process to begin with, and the only one that I know that can truly grasp what I am saying. Because I am the one saying it. At least in my mind.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

My advice, ignore them.
Follow your own path and make your own views. People will always find an excuse to attack those that do not agree with them, no matter how flimsy it may be.
Oh, and FYI, I don't think we deserve it right now *to exist*. But I think those unborn and recently born *innocent* do.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It is not important for you explain yourself and your emotions to us. Follow your own light, be yourself and love you... we are each unique individuals, with differing ways of looking at things...if you are happy with you then that is all that matters! Embrace it, go with it and be proud of who you are. There is nothing worse than having emotions that others do not understand and being told to just get over it... Be the wonderful you that you were meant to be...that is all any of us can do!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Thank you. I wish the person I have known for 14 years could say the same thing to me.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I ask myself that time to time. The answer is not saving the corrupt brainwashed humanity but the beauty in the world, the animals, fish, insects that exist. The nature of this world is connected to humanity so you cannot just dismiss the survival of humanity so easily.

Then I also think about all the good hearted people in the world. Why should they vanish if this choice would ever occur?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Why all the depression? Don't be a slave to the past folks....

Not sure if any of you remember being a kid and thinking "Wow, these adults REALLY have it figured out incorrectly!!! Can't wait until myself and all the other kids of this world finally sort out the issues of this planet...."

Guess it hasn't happened....yet....but there's always hope.....

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by evlom

Those kids didn't understand why the parents were they way they were. Can you not say that as you got older you began to understand a little more of where your parents were coming from? And beside, I already said that I don't have to explain myself anymore. If depression makes someone happy (contradiction I know) then let it be

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
One could frame the question differently... why let humanity fail? or What is not so important about humanity?...

I would agree to some extent letting humanity fail...to start over from scratch...almost like a revolution. On the other side why give up? Nature itself lives on effortlessly when undisturbed...even in the harsh conditions it still finds a way to live.

Humanity is very important...its a gift...as much as life is a gift. Humanity was born to live...live life through love, joy, happiness...as well as other emotions such as sadness and loneliness. Embracing humanity is definitely better than giving up on it.

When giving up on humanity...its almost as though you are giving up a part of yourself...an essence of life.

Humanity has its light and dark sides...respecting humanity and knowing the balance can bring humanity to higher level.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
To quote "The watchmen"

"Mars gets along just fine without so much as a micro-organism. Could humans really improve the beauty?" Something like that, I may not have gotten it verbatim.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Disdain for humanity...yet yourself you are human...what would put you at ease?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mode402

No disdain. I just thought It was relevant to your post. I am at ease knowing that I, being the only conscious being which I am aware of, can be the only person in this world capable of effecting real change to my specifications. I do not believe humanity to be worthless, because I would be talking about myself and myself alone.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I personally think that happiness and hope are just delusions caused by mixing of different brain chemicals.

I am sure that in someway or another you too may realize this from how often happiness seems to arrive and pass in a way that seems as though it was never truely there.

For some reason I am rarely able to let go for the sake of remaining cool and level headed. If I had to guess, it is just an adaptation that i have picked up. I am thankful to have it, it helps me be me.

But, there are a few things and people that i go to that makes me happier than anything possible and just knowing that they exist makes life worth it.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by CosmicYahtzee]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
"What saves us from insignificance is the courage of our questions and the depth of their answers."
-Carl Sagan

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'll respone here.

There is no point in even thinking about saving such worthless people. Sure it sound cold hearted but it's darn true. Most of these filthy people on earth exist to bring you down, to hurt you, they want war and suffering in others. One should always look out for himself and his wolf pack.

Let humanity burn I say. People can deny the truth and speak about love-light bs or like me you can see reality/humanity for what it really is. Self gain in yourself and your group is all that matters in the end.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Hatred and Envy

Let humanity burn... Who is going to do it? you?

If you were let alone with the torch, would you honestly burn humanity?

Could you take a torch to a random stranger... or to a child?

Stop being jaded and be honest here man.

I just find what your saying unnerving.

I couldn't let you do it... I know things are bad but there is only one person in this world that I can say that I would never let something like that happen too.

Look, you all arent the only people in the world. So why talk like the rest of us are a waste while you still sit on ATS corresponding with everyone?

Do you not see the Irony?

[edit on 25-12-2009 by CosmicYahtzee]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Let humanity burn... Who is going to do it? you?

^Creatures/People with my state of thought exist all over reality. You do the math.

Anyway, I don't just want to stop with humanity. No I want everything dead to be honest like animals, aliens, gods, space, reality, existence itself needs to be done away with. Nothingness is true peace

Nothingness=heaven
Nothingness=no emotions
Nothingness=no suffering

Existence=love and hatred with that man feels joy and misery
Existence=hell
Existence=suffering

To not exist is to be free

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
To say that humanity is out to destroy itself is wrong. Its a few humans that developed the means to destroy us. We do however seem determined to destroy this planet we inhabit. I think thats the whole idea behind the space programme. To eventually jump ship and leave this one to sink.

The death of the human race is'nt in our hands unfortunately. Its down to mother nature. A force that could squat us like a fly with no wings should it decide to. Thats why we need to re-establish our bond with it and respect it.

Happiness is a state of mind. Its easy to pick a hole in anything. I find humour in the stupidest of things which to some people makes me immature.

As long as im rolling about laughing instead of mopeing about i dont care. I just laugh at them for being so missrable. Obviousely you cant be happy all the time. When your down just remember something that made you a laugh before. Its a great little pick me up.

If you have absollutely no happy memories. i feel for you but maybe its time you went out and made some.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Why does humanity need saving? Two words, my daughter.

You say you have a four year old son, but you don't see him very much so that makes no difference. It does mate, that is exactly why we should save it.

The world needs a Superman, but in his absence we should take his place.

Chin up chief, the world's a poo hole, I completely agree, but it wasn't always like this and doesn't have to continue either. Like many have said, change is a-coming, an it's our job to make it happen.

Sendran.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join