It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Vintage Conspiracy Videos on ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
We discuss a broad range of contemporary conspiracies and cover-ups here on AboveTopSecret.com, but many of our members may not necessarily realize that most of these topics have rather deep roots, or have plagued "conspiracy theoriests" for decades. We're reaching back into old archives to find important and thought provoking video titles that resonate with relevancy on today's topics.

Before the Internet, conspiracy theorists published their findings and opinions via hard-to-find sources, such as small-run regional independent newspapers or public access cable television. Our vintage video series brings many of these old public-access productions back into awareness, for free, through our media portal. Enjoy these first few titles, more are on the way.

The CIA, The Mafia, And George Bush Banking Scandal
Former reporter for the "Houston Chronicle," Pete Brewton tells of one of the most momentous stories of the past 50 years and how it has been suppressed by the establishment media and the Congress. Pete's book "The Mafia, CIA and George Bush," shows the incredible complexity of the relationships in the operation of the destruction of hundreds of Savings and Loans at the hands of the CIA and the Mafia, stealing many billions of dollars in the process, and leaving the taxpayers to bailout the banks. Big names at the state and national levels of power are involved, including Lloyd Bentsen, the Bush family, and power brokers in Houston. People such as Kenneth Keating and Don Dixon, who are mentioned prominently in the press in connection with the S & L debacle, were merely front men or "cutouts" for the main movers. Keating and his ilk only took millions; the CIA and the Mafia looted billions. Mr. Brewton emphasizes how he unraveled it and how the press and the Congress have conspired to cover it up.
view full-size on media portal

October Surprise And The Media (1988)
Author and journalist Harvey Wasserman examines the "October Surprise," the most monumental story of the past few decades, but one which has been covered up by most of the Establishment media, particularly the TV networks. The central activity of this effort was the clandestine arrangement of the prime movers in the Reagan campaign of 1980 with the Iran government to hold the American hostages in the embassy until after the elections in return for arms to be shipped to Iran after Reagan assumed office. Wasserman wrote stories about this in the alternative press as well as some Establishment papers.
view full-size on the media portal

FEMA - One Signature Away From Facism
From the "Alternative Views" TV program in 1985: The United States can easily be turned into a fascist nation at the stroke of a pen under the provisions of the Federal Emergency Management Act. What is being planned is cloaked in secrecy, but what has been revealed is frightening: suspension of our Constitutional rights; arrest of political dissenters without habeas corpus; and concentration camps, designed to hold millions of people, which are being readied all over the U.S. No approval by congress or state or local government is necessary to execute the plan. Even local military or police authorities can declare martial law without consulting higher authority. Interviewed is investigator and author Chip Berlet. We also intersperse sections of past programs with experts who deal with the subject of planned public persecutions, past and present. Some of these experts include MIT's Noam Chomsky, University of Texas history professor Tom Philpott, former CIA officer John Stockwell, and congressmen Henry Gonzalez and Ron Paul.

Contra-Gate: The U.S. In Crisis
San Antonio Congressman Henry B. Gonzalez addresses the two most significant and underreported facets of the Contragate scandal--the illegal activities of the CIA and the National Security Council in conjunction with the "Secret Team" (See pgm #329), and the FEMA plans to take over the government in a presidentially declared "emergency." This first program emphasizes the former. First, the latest news and analysis of the Contragate situation are presented, showing what the regular media are ignoring. Interspersed with this is a highly imaginative presentation of Ollie North in a "Max Headroom" format. Gonzalez then analyzes the situation, calling it the greatest constitutional crisis since the Civil War. He also gives his justification for his formal filing in Congress of a bill of impeachment of Reagan.

Ron Paul: The American Power Elite
Former four-term Congressman Ron Paul describes the American power structure. As a member of the House Banking and Currency Committee, Paul was in a unique position to see the inner workings of economic power and control of the country, and how this power translates into political power. Paul describes how, through the control of the Federal Reserve and the banking system, the American power elite is basically out of reach of the democratic system. Concurrently, by using such organizations as the Trilateral Commission and the Council on Foreign Relations, control over the political process is maintained, resulting in what is in reality a hidden dictatorship in the U.S.

Preventing The Coming Ice Age
The greenhouse effect caused by a combination of things, particularly the use of fossil fuels and the destruction of the rain forests, can cause warming of the planet, followed by a new ice age, according to a documentary. The film also shows scientific opinions that this ice age not only may come upon us quickly, but may do so soon, perhaps within seven years, with horrible results. The documentary also shows what we can do to counter the disaster.

Alternative Media
Dr. John Downing, author of "Radical Media" and Chairperson of the Radio-TV-Film Department at the University of Texas, analyzes the Establishment press and American society. He then points to the alternative press, and describes how significant it is in spreading information which is vital for all citizens. All this is placed within the historical framework of social control by the American ruling class.

Update to add two new titles.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Great idea skeptic!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Thanks for the blast from the past and how it relates to the more current conspiracy theories. Will take a while to go through all these but glad to have them handy in one spot.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is why your website is the BEST on the Web SO!

Keep up the good work! I'll definitely be watching these entire videos when I get the time, thank you so much for finding them and getting them up!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

This is a really great idea, and, could be the start of something really big here.

This is really good news.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Wow. Ron looks really young in that video. The poor man has been trying to get this message across for decades!
A lot of the issues are just as relevant today.
Although it does make me think that Truthers may have kept the PTB on their toes and have stemmed the tide on a lot of their plans.

Thanks for this, can hardly wait to see them all.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Thank you for these, and YES keep them coming! What a great idea, how many do you have in archives at this point?

Eh hem, are you going to start charging 1,000 dollars a month access fee for this discussion board soon?

It would be money well spent!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Shshshshsh! Don't give him any ideas. HeHehe. antar didn't mean that. I mean really. antar needs help. Keep it free. Keep it flowing. antar is insane you see. We just let antar hang around. Don't listen to the above post really.

Just kidding antar. I would not be able to afford whatever it is you said we should be charged, so please.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This is one of the best UFO documentaries, from 1979 - 'UFOS ARE REAL' - only gets 6.3/10 on imdb which I think is unfair, it's easily a 10 for me.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Most awesome.

I'll be bookmarking this for later watching.

Peace,
FK

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This is the best thing I've seen ATS do in a long time. Great job, and I look forward to the growing collection!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Incredible stuff!

You can really see how the same brain trust in place during the Reagan era resumed their hijinks under Bush Jr.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This is a really great idea for a thread and I am not just saying that because you are the head honcho! Star and flag for your efforts!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This is a geat idea. There must be a lot of stuff out there that has dropped under the radar. I'm looking forward to watching these.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Updated to add two new videos this evening.

The new one on George HW Bush and the Mafia/CIA is particularly good.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Nice to see some Conspiracy stuff and not religous clap trap!he he .just kidding sceptic dont ban me I actually love this site and it is the best on the net!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Yes ... the time is ripe for the archive to bloom in all it's glory

let the scent of truth intoxicate the stupors of the many into awakenings

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Oh i did enjoy Olive North and his explanations.

" I cannot recall that at this time"

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I would like to see some of the older UFO stuff, many of the first UFO conspiracy theorists have just fallen off the radar and replaced with the ones we know now.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Can't wait to go through these. Great idea.

Just goes to show you can't keep a good conspiracy down!

ps: I'm hoping to see some of John Lear & David Icke's idea's included.

Maybe once I'm outsourced and my job is gone I'll have more time on ATS and to lay out in the sun and read.

For now it's get ready for work time.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by ofhumandescent]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join