It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Voters Blow My Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Particularly in this day and age, with what our economy and civilization are coming to, why do we keep putting the same-old-same-old back into office time and time again?

It's almost as if people think "Oh, ok... Well I guess he/she didn't have enough time in office to accomplish his/her agenda to 'change' government. I guess I'll have to vote him/her back into office so that the job can be completed."

When will people wake up and understand that it is ALL a shill? It's nothing more than job security for them. As long as you keep doing the same thing, you can expect the same results. Period.

We need to SHAKE THINGS UP. As long as we keep doing the same things, we can expect the same things!

I hate to say it, but it IS the truth; people are STUPID!

I am sick and tired of having to pay the price for the complete blindness of others.

America was a great country, and has the prospect to be so again. But not until people start hearing the POP of their heads coming out of their arses and actually start doing something about it!.

Ok... End of rant.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
They always say that you can't complain if you don't vote.
I like to complain about the people who do vote because they are the ones screwing things up for people like me.

It is a sham...your vote does not count.

Thats from George Carlin stand up act but I think he hit the nail on the head.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by billybobh3

We need to SHAKE THINGS UP.

So what your saying is that we should get rid of the old and put in the new. But won't that still give us the old?

We replaced Bush(old) with Obama(new) yet we are still getting the same old results.

I hear ya but IMO, no matter which way we go, Dem, Rep, or Ind, we as a country are in a world of trouble. It is no longer what is good for America, it's all about self-interest, greed, and the political party.

As far as voters, unless Americans get better educated in government and civics, we can continue to expect popularity contests in every election.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I hate to say it, but it IS the truth; people are STUPID!

I wouldn't say stupid....more like NAIVE...and many of us were that way at one time.

The best way to change it is to eliminate political parties altogether to keep people from voting all R's or D's across the board as MANY people do that.

Very few vote on merits or voting record...most just think..."Well i'm a liberal...so I only vote for D's. I'm a conservative...so I only vote for R's."

It's sad really...and I have yet to see no change in this.

Republicans are already lining up to take back congress and NOTHING will change....just more of the same garbage and Dems not working with them this time around.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

So what is your resolution, revolt?

I can take it, let's just hope that others can.

Just say it...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

No... They are stupid.

They don't give a damn because they don't bother to understand the issues. That is clearly and simply stupidity.

They are voting based upon beliefs passed down to them by family, friends, and societal ties. They do not stand up for their own beliefs, because it's 'not the right thing to do' in their social circles.

THAT is STUPIDITY.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

If nobody paid taxes and nobody voted and it was common knowledge then all the power is gone...but only if people can be self-reliant and not need the government to take care of thier needs.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

That won't happen because people hate the government that we have, yet are afraid of it as well. We need a true 'Leader'; someone who will take us to the next level, much as Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and George Washington were willing to do.

There are no heros in these dismal days. We are simply organisms subject to the ebb and flow of the tides; ever changing, yet always the same.

I, for one, am awaiting the ancestral tidal change that shall unleash new idealogies and a general awakening of the human populace to the issues and plights before us.

It's been a lonely wait thus far, but I'm sure that there are others out there, like me, with their thoughts, hopes, and wishes in the same arena...

new topics

top topics

join