It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GPO Flowchart of Obama's Health Care Plan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Dear WTF,

Are you cheating on me? I happened to check out a DIFFERENT thread to escape the monotony of your rantings and what do I find? Similar responses to Loke.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by WhatTheory
First of all, I'm sure you think everyone who does not agree with your brainwashed liberal drivel is ignorant.

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Again, this is your flawed, brainwashed, liberal & wrong OPINION.

Gee WTF I feel betrayed. And I am beginning to think I'm not so 'special'.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Gee WTF I feel betrayed. And I am beginning to think I'm not so 'special'.

This is my point. You should have U2U'd me this info because this drivel has NOTHING to do with the topic.

And you are correct that you are NOT special. It's about time you realize this fact KKK.

[edit on 7/26/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
ON TOPIC:

It seems presenting intentionally confusing charts is nothing new to the Republican smear machine:

As Media Matters points out, today's GOP is trying the same old tricks of yesteryear, when they set out to destroy the Clinton health care plan in 1994. They've released a confusing and misleading flow chart... to show how awful a public option would be -- and it's already being picked up by the right wing media.

crooksandliars.com...

Remember that in 1994, on the Senate floor, Republicans unveiled a flow chart they created, which derided the White House's health-care plan. The chart played a role, certainly, in derailing health reform then.

mediamatters.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
It seems presenting intentionally confusing charts is nothing new to the Republican smear machine

Unless you can show some proof that the chart is wrong is some way, attempting to smear the truth will do you no good. Let's see the democratic simple chart. There cannot be a simple chart because the democratic plan is overly complicated and the republican chart is accurate.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

But these charts--and, more important, the Republicans who use them as propoganda--tend to ignore one inconvenient fact: American health care is already complex. Ridiculously complex. Thanks to decades of haphazard, disorganized growth, it's evolved into a mind-numbing web of institutions, agencies, businesses, and individual actors. And while that may be self-evident to anybody who's ever had to deal with, say, a billing dispute between an insurer and hospital, it's easy to lose sight of that when the discussion is all about what reform might do--rather than what health care would be like without it.

crooksandliars.com...

Bottom line Obama didn't INVENT the system, rather this is what it has EVOLVED into thanks to BOTH parties and a history of bureaucracy.

EDIT TO ADD:

Here is a link to a "real-world" flowchart for a college degree in Engineering for perspective.

Website

Chart

Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

You are missing the point.
Of course healthcare is complex which is why we don't need the government involved which would make it 100% more complex and eventually turn it to trash. Just look how good the government runs welfare, medicaid, medicare and the USPS.

Another reason why healthcare is currently complex is because of government involvment. It all started back in the 70's I think when the government backed a program called HMO and mandated this to businesses in the form of the HMO Act. Before government involvement healthcare was affordable for everyone.

wikipedia

History of HMO's

Another point: Perhaps if the government reduced greatly all the taxes & regulation on business and us civilians, people could actually afford to purchase some private healthcare.

Honestly, have you actually read the current Obama healthcare plan? You cannot tell me that is a good plan.

[edit on 7/26/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Thanks for the links. It illustrates that BOTH political parties are complicit and culpable.

Actually I think we can find common ground in agreeing that our Healthcare System is in dire need of reform. And while I don't think you are saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" I'm afraid that a solution without government intervention it is not likely at this stage.

I also seem to recall that the previous Administration did NOTHING to cure it, except perhaps to suggest that Social Security should have been privatized, (Which would have been a huge blunder.)

I can only hope that BOTH parties will hammer out a compromise as (in my case) relief cannot come fast enough. A least there IS a plan, albeit not perfect and overly complicated.

I sincerely think MY PROBLEM is the rhetoric that the GOP uses to battle the plan with a purposely misleading and ambiguous chart and YOUR PROBLEM is that the plan put forth was not presented by your party.

Regards...KK

Just to add, civility is boring.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Does anyone know where I can get a full copy of the The Obama Health care bill? I have heard it's over a thousand pages but i want to read it. Is there a copy of it floating out there somewhere? please email me here if you know where I can get a copy. Thanks.

Phenomium's Email

[edit on 30-8-2009 by Phenomium]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join