It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid: No health care vote in Senate until fall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Reid: No health care vote in Senate until fall

www.google.com

WASHINGTON — The top Democrat in the Senate says lawmakers won't vote until after August on health care, a blow to President Barack Obama's ambitious timetable.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid told reporters Thursday the Finance Committee will act on its portion of the bill before Congress' monthlong break. Then Reid will merge that bill with separate legislation already passed by the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee.

The Nevada Democrat says the decision to delay a vote was made Wednesday night in the hopes of getting a final bipartisan bill.

Obama had pr
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This is excellent news. There was a distinct possibility that we would have been burdened with a health care system that we could neither use nor afford.

The American public needs time to examine this bill, as do our lawmakers. It is much too important a piece of legislation to have shoved down our throats by the politics of fear.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Harry Reid: In your face Obama. I got an election to win in 2010 and you will not bring me down!

Can you imagine the heat these legislatures are going to get when they return to their districts?

Obama wants everything now because he knows his time is short.

Obama will be a lameduck right after the 2010 elections.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
While I hope we can successfully ensure that the American people get what THEY want and need (as opposed to the insurance cartel and their subordinate political operatives) I fear that we may still have this monstrosity shoved down our throats, along with all the crap they inserted into it, and the few surprises they will tack on at the last minute. Same as the 'bailouts' the 'czars' and the remainder of the social engineering plan apparently being pushed by the body politic.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
While I hope we can successfully ensure that the American people get what THEY want and need (as opposed to the insurance cartel and their subordinate political operatives) I fear that we may still have this monstrosity shoved down our throats, along with all the crap they inserted into it, and the few surprises they will tack on at the last minute. Same as the 'bailouts' the 'czars' and the remainder of the social engineering plan apparently being pushed by the body politic.

I don't know...at least they are now being given sufficient time to read the thousand page bill. Now that I mentioned it-I believe there is way too much hype about the "thousand pages." Maybe if those critical of its enormity actually attempted to look at the bill, they would see that although it is 1018 pages, there are only 25 lines on each page, and within those lines a maximum of eight words per line. Anyway, I always enjoy watching Fox News' hypocritical nonsense when they first view this abhorrent bill as "being shoved down our throats" and then ascertain that it will be a complete failure on Obama's end in that the immediate healthcare reform he promised would have to be postponed until the fall, evoking a sense of unreliability in the man...I mean seriously, which one is it? You want it to be done an efficient manner or not? Jeez...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Regardless, it is good to see the brakes being applied to this most recent attempt at social engineering.

I hope the same sanity is applied to Cap and Trade, so that people may have a reasonable amount of time to examine it and have their voices heard before a midnight vote is rushed through Congress.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Are you sure this isn't a ploy to catch the Republicans off guard?

I just find it odd that Reid isn't adhering to his Master's schedule.

Bet you that Reid reverses himself in the coming days.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

You mean like Reid calling the Senate back to session halfway through their August vacation for a stealth vote?

Dirty tricks? Wouldn't put it past him..

new topics

top topics

join