It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern warfare 2 special editions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I noticed a couple of threads already talking about MW2 but none have posted about the new Prestige version that is being released.
This version will include a set of Modern warfare branded night vision goggles. Do you think they are going to far or do you think this is a good idea?? This version will cost around £120, who out there in ATS land will be buying this version over the others.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Ah, night vision goggles. They have a very special place in my heart.

Last year my h/m and I found a plum tree near a deserted barn. It had shed a few plums to the side of the road and I took some home.

They were lovely and I wanted more, but I would have been embarrassed if anyone had seen me scrumping them. The solution, I thought, would be to gather them at the dead of night.

Obviously, in the middle of the country there are no street lights and it's pitch black outside.

So I went on ebay and was quite happily looking at all the night vision goggles available. The best ones were about £300 give or take a quid or two.

So I said to my h/m 'Cor, these night vision goggles are a bit expensive'

"What are you doing?" he asked, quite astounded.

Yeah - what was I doing? Quite seriously considering buying top of the range night vision goggles to enable me to collect a pound or two of 'wild' plums. :shk:

BTW - have you ever played a Playstation 2 game called Kengo: Master of Bushido?

I used to love that, the graphics are truly beautiful. Not very 'touch sensitive' though. I used to nearly bruise my thumbs playing it.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I found it really strange that they would add night vision goggles, one of my mates asked if they were used in the game, so when I said no, he asked why are they in the game then, I didn't have an answer except that to say that they were cool!!
Just image some one spotting you up a tree, late at night, wearing night vision goggles, even funnier would be the old bill turning up.
You could get a Bat girl or Cat woman outfit to go with the goggles!!

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Kurokage]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Night vision goggles are used in COD4 MW, so i would imagine they're also in MW2.... i think it's a great idea.

Don't think these will be any good as they're very cheap.... if the game and these goggles is only £120, then the NVG will be crap.

[edit on 27/7/09 by blupblup]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
You could get a Bat girl or Cat woman outfit to go with the goggles!!

Can I borrow yours?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It should have come with a gun, and sell it peopole who are lisenced.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
All limited editions have been canceled for the PC.

X360 and PS3 still get them though.

And I have neither... so I'm raging.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The nightvision goggles you get with the game, are probally really bad anyway

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull

He said they were in in working condition..
I dont know if there are 'degrees' of working levels on NVG, but..

How much does this game cost with all this 'extra' stuff ?

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I don't know the cost where you are, but here in the UK it's going to be around £120. It's getting good reviews from most of the gaming websites.

There are different classes of night vision, I would say that these will be more like you home video camera then something worn by the SAS.

[edit on 27-8-2009 by Kurokage]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yeah!!!!

That's a good idea they should sell a gun with it. That would be so sick. I guess it would make it more pricey but still getting some pistol would be cool. Especially the Makarov.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I've decided not to get the Prestige edition when I found out those NV goggles were going to be toy's r us quality.

The hardened edition will do. It has everything prestige does w/o the the goggles for half the price.

If there's any more reason NOT to get one, just think of the Halo 3 helmet that came with the game. Did you feel like an extra $50 was worth the extra? If your a collector of course!

But if you could live without it... seriously consider NOT getting it.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I along with my clan are boycotting this game. Infinity Ward as given the pc community a big FU.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by RavenX]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
why? its a pretty cool game,filled with actin n stuff,better boyscout starcraft 2 and thsose retards from blizzard,take them hostage and make them release that STUPID,OLD, allready ready game

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

hes referring to the fact that mw2 for pc won't allow dedicated servers or mods. it is essentially played like a console online. pc gamers have long been able to customize their fps games. i play WAW with 50 players online because its so much better than 16 max.

im probably going to just get this for a 360 since i am getting it fixed.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull

they are REALLY bad ... they'll work, yes, but

A.) They're made of plastic
B.) You can't see more than 50 feet in the dark.

50 feet...?

And even then - the quality of vision will be so bad that it'll be laughable at best to use them.

its just a cheap ploy to sucker you out of $150.

Im just buying the game. "Collectors editions" have long since not been worth it.

Oh look - you get an art book, a CD, and the game...oh and if you buy the ultra-super-deluxe-authentic-directors cut version - you get some cool headwear.

Real night vision goggles cost thousands of dollars.

You get what you pay for.

The game, though, will be magnificent.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mvirata
reply to post by Stillalive

hes referring to the fact that mw2 for pc won't allow dedicated servers or mods. it is essentially played like a console online. pc gamers have long been able to customize their fps games. i play WAW with 50 players online because its so much better than 16 max.

im probably going to just get this for a 360 since i am getting it fixed.

Yeah you are basically correct. Its going to be a lagfest with no dedicated servers. Same thing happened with Fear 2 mp. The players will have to host the servers on their home machines. Lame.

top topics

join