It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. has bought 195 million doses of H1N1 vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

GAITHERSBURG, Maryland (Reuters) - The U.S. government has bought 195 million doses of H1N1 swine flu vaccine for a possible autumn vaccination campaign, a U.S. federal official said on Thursday.

The U.S. Health and Human Services department has also contracted for 120 million doses of adjuvant, a compound to stretch the number of doses of vaccine needed, HHS's Dr. Robin Robinson told a meeting of Food and Drug Administration advisers.

www.reuters.com...

The U.S. has bought 195 Million doses of the vaccine for H1N1, which can be used to vaccinate more than half the population of the U.S.

I wonder why buy only for a bit more than half of the population, if they really just want to vaccinate people?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

I wonder why buy only for a bit more than half of the population, if they really just want to vaccinate people?

Yeah, abit odd when the UK have bought double our population stating that it requires two shots.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If you continue to read the article linked below it states that the plan is to buy 80 million more doses each month through next March. The problem is that there simply isn't enough vaccine for the US to buy any more at this point in time. As more vaccine is manufactured, it will be bought and made available to the public.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Baxters Shares rise 3 % in a day

www.chicagotribune.com...

Glaxosmith make 600% profit on every dose sold to the NHS in the UK.

www.mirror.co.uk...

The drug companies with the help of the media are blowing this all out of proportion too generate sales. They are rushing out vaccines, which may not be safe, and are getting legal protection, what is going on here?

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Welcome to the New World Order, time to bend over and take it like there is no tomorrow. That is until you think you have had enough. Then you can file a complaint with the New World Public Relation Foundation.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Even if the vaccine is free you will have lots of people who just won't get the jab.

You've got people who believe that vaccines are bad for you health.

You've got people who intend to but just never seem to find time.

You've got people who are clueless and will actually be surprise about the flu.

You just don't need all the doses.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

It is not that. Apparently they are buying 120 Million doses of adjuvant, which will be mixed with the vaccine and increases the total number of vaccines.

The U.S. Health and Human Services department has also contracted for 120 million doses of adjuvant, a compound to stretch the number of doses of vaccine needed, HHS's Dr. Robin Robinson told a meeting of Food and Drug Administration advisers.

I just saw another article in which they state that by October they plan to have 160 million doses, and they will start trying the vaccine on a few idiots, I mean people who stupidly, err... selfishly volunteered to try the vaccines...

They also want to see if people need two doses instead of just one.

The U.S. may have as many as 160 million doses of swine flu vaccine available sometime in October, even though manufacturers worldwide are having serious trouble brewing shots, federal health officials said Thursday.

The Food and Drug Administration may formally approve much of that vaccine before studies required to prove how well it works are completed, treating the new inoculations just like the recipe change that regular winter flu vaccine undergoes each year.

That doesn't mean mass vaccinations would start before key information from studies of thousands of volunteers is in, U.S. officials stressed Thursday. Most of those studies start next month to determine if people will need one shot or two for good protection and how high a dose should be in each shot. The earliest results should start arriving in September and October.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
You've got people who believe that vaccines are bad for you health.

Considering that more people died from the vaccination then the swine flu in 1976 - and a lot of folks got guillian burre from the shots - I'd say that is a true statement.

Don't get me wrong, we have all the 'other' vaccinations. But this swine flu shot has been rammed through the system and the swine flu shots in the past have had a very bad track record.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
It actually gets even better.

Reading further on the last article I posted you can read the following.

But the FDA told its scientific advisers it could finish the red tape of licensing much of that vaccine well before the use-it-or-not decision is made — because it's brewed exactly the same as regular winter flu vaccine, merely using the new swine influenza virus, part of the common H1N1 influenza family, as the chief ingredient. Companies just have to take the normal steps required for each year's regular winter flu vaccine, such as proving the inoculations are manufactured appropriately.

news.yahoo.com...

Well, now I feel even better...

The FDA says they can close gaps in the "red tape" licensing the vaccine, which is actually there to ensure accidents like the latest BAXTER "accident" doesn't occur.

For those people who forgot what "accident" I am talking about, some months back BAXTER sent the live virus of H1N1 to Europe which would have infected millions with the swine flu.

So the FDA is pretty much saying there is no need for such protocol, and companies like BAXTER just have to "prove their inoculations are manufactured appropriately."

Isn't this exactly what led to the "accident" of BAXTER sending LIVE swine flu virus as a vaccine?....

[edit on 24-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I am studying medicine in New Zealand. I want to say one thing, if my tutors are telling me not to take the vaccine, I believe them. These vaccines are not desirable for good health, they will most likely make you sick.

I have no way to know for sure what is in them, but I can only recommend, what ever you do, don't take the vaccine!

Iv had the swine flu, 2 weeks ago, tests have confirmed it. A little colloidal silver sorted it out in the end. Its not as bad as the hype suggests, but it will probably be worse next time around. If you don't get it this year I highly recommend getting your hands on some silver to resist further biological attacks on your health.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Isn't this exactly what led to the "accident" of BAXTER sending LIVE swine flu virus as a vaccine?....

[edit on 24-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

I just want to highlight this popular misconception. A virus is rather like a computer virus - a genetic program. Its not living to begin with. It has none of the characteristics of a living organism. It doesn't eat, breathe, or #. It has no metabolism, no organelles and produces no energy.

A virus therefore cannot be dead or alive. If you are stupid enough to inject a virus into your body, effectively evading your own body defenses (the only thing that can save you from a virus), the consequences are your responsability.

For God sake just don't let your kids take it, their lives are in your hands.

new topics

top topics

join