It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my picture is gone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
ya eh! check this out.i took some pics in the backyard around the 10th. l
down loaded them with a few others. in to my pics and picasa. after the wife tryed to email one of the pics to her friend. the original is nowhere that i can find.
all that is left is a croped version of the orig.i can't understand why i can't find this
one orig.tried for days so it's obviously important to me. i mean even if you delete pics i can still retrivethem from the bin. what happened to the pic? little help.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Apologies if what I suggest is beginner stuff that you have already done, but you didn't say what measures you had taken in hunting for the picture.

I would suggest emailing the friend who received the picture and ask them to email it back to you. Also it could be in the "Sent" folder of Outlook Express or whatever email client you are using. I'm assuming of course that the picture was sent successfully.

Deeper file retrieval issues are beyond me. There are file recovery utilities out there of course.

There is a freeware app called SequoiaView that will give you a color coded picture of every file on your hard drive. If you give .jpegs a lurid color you might be able to locate the file if it's in an odd location.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Apologies if what I suggest is beginner stuff that you have already done, but you didn't say what measures you had taken in hunting for the picture.
THANK YOU. for your response and i'm the one who should
apologise for the lack of clarity.
here's what's up. the picture that was sent was the wrong pic.
my wife lost the pic that was supposed to be sent while croping it.she then
retrived a similar pic from the library which she sent. i spent days running searches for files
like i said. if she would have deleted it. it would be no big deal. but i can not believe that photo is not on my pc somewhere. outlook express huh.
i'm on it. see what i come up w/. thank you very much.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I'm assuming this is a windows machine - have you tried the basic search function built in?

In XP it goes something like start> search > then advanced> then just search on all image files... You will probally bring up a few jems that you'd forgotten about! I did it once on a work computer and pulled up some rather raunchy cell phone images of a previous employees GF

Vista and 7 have a slightly different way, basically open up a file explorer window (you know my computer) and take it from there.

Good luck buddy!
- all is not lost remember there are other more in-depth ways to search for even permanently deleted files... But best to start with the simplest.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
my wife lost the pic that was supposed to be sent while croping it.

You might find the picture that you want in the image editing program your wife was using to crop it. Try looking for it in the "file" menu under "recent documents" or similar category.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I honestly know alomost nothing of Picasa, but....

One of it's big claims to fame is that it does not really "import" all your pictures.

It locates all the pic's on the hard drive and shows a list that allows you to manipulate... the pic's.

trust me, you need to do a universal search for pictures-jpegs?

use windows search but type *.jpeg in the search area.
It wioll locate all jpegs on the harddrive and you can then see the path to the pictures.

Now it would then be up to you to check each one.

I hope this helps you.

Now, lets hear it for the ATS dancers:

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If you know the file name, and tried with the search function and it didn't work, but you are SURE that the pic has been somewhere in your machine, then another possible solution could be PC INSPECTOR™ File Recovery (freeware): it would be helpful in case you deleted the file by mistake, and even if you removed it from the trash bin. Good luck

top topics

join