It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming of nuclear war!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have had numerous dreams since late 90's and early 00's about nuclear war and being a part of it. I have seen others post similar dreams.

My two part question: Are we dreaming this because it is a wakeup call to something that is/ could happen to us? Or are we simply overwhelmed with scare tactic media agendas that play with our anxiety, fears, and emotions of what could come?

And if our dreams are that of actuality and sent as a warning, how can we stop it? Should we stop it?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Been having the same dreams for years, i am 38 they started around 1980,
sometimes I have flash backs and can sense, smell and taste what is going to happen in the coming nuclear war!!

I am not a freak or nutter, a normal bloke with wife and kids living in sunny England.

I was told years ago by a friend of mine that we are all old souls returning to Earth for the final event!!!

dunno if it is true but i firmly belive in my heart that it will happen and it scares the c..p out of me.

I HAVE NEVER TOLD ANYONE THIS.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Well both of you are commendable for bringing these dreams to the board.

I’ve got a question though...

How do you know it’s war, and, how do you know it’s nuclear.

Don’t bite my head off - just look at it as an invitation to explain yourselves.

I’m not here to criticize.

peace

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It is inevitable!
As long as these weapons exist they can be used, and as the world is changing for the worse, as it currently is, then the likelyhood that a conflict using nuclear force escelates.
Eventualy its gonna go tits up.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Large mushroom clouds on the horizon, flashes of bright light, hot winds, swirling dark clouds and panic..... deep panic.

sometimes in dreams sometimes when I am out and about I will just sense it,
it is hard to explain but in my opinion and only my opinion it will happen soon.

Like I said before, I am just a normal bloke who enjoys all the subjects on this site but I felt a deep down dread when I saw this thread.

I hope it never happens for the sake of my kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Well both of you are commendable for bringing these dreams to the board.

I’ve got a question though...

How do you know it’s war, and, how do you know it’s nuclear.

Don’t bite my head off - just look at it as an invitation to explain yourselves.

I’m not here to criticize.

peace

Well for me, in one of the dreams everyone knew it was coming and there was nothing to stop it. We just ran away as it came in, I was with my father in-law, and my wife. He told us to stop running, when I turned around to look at him he said it's too late and pointed to a missile that impacted our city. I turned and shielded my wife, the radiation burned my back but we kept trying to move.

In this same dream it seemed to go forward 25 years or so, I was older and was standing in a building with long lines of people going through a metal detector, everyone of these people had been burned by radiation or something and the scars were all over their faces, arms, and legs. There were armed guards everywhere, I smiled at a female guard and walked over to a reflective glass window where I could make out my reflection. I was old and had scarring all over my face.

I certainly hope this is not my future.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by j04j07e71
Large mushroom clouds on the horizon, flashes of bright light, hot winds, swirling dark clouds and panic..... deep panic.

Same here. The panic is why I raised the question. Is it true panic of something to come, or anxiety thrown at us by media tactics?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
when i was a kid i dreamt that I had woken up just after a nuke had gone off, i was lying in bed and turned to see my brother, who i shared my room with was dead, the roothing had collapsed onto him.

i went to the window and looked out and there was gray dust everywhere . I saw dead fish floating along the stream outside my house. I remember calling through to my parents to tell them my brother had died. I then woke up and was scared to go back to sleep for the next few nights. i was 9 at the time and its still very vivid. It was all very gray like nuclear fall out I imagine

I was a bit obsessed with nukes though being a child of the 80's,

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I was a bit obsessed with nukes though being a child of the 80's

I think that could have something to do with it!!

who knows, I just hope we are all wrong, even now writing this I feel like I am kidding myself! someone somewhere is bound to use them soon, people have got to used to them, sterile from pay per view war! games, films and media have taken the fear out of these weapons, sorry going off topic.

maybe these dreams are from the past.
chew that one over.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I get those dream a lot to..some of them are VERY lifelike. But im not allways that scared of them in my dreams.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I believe dreams are all symbolic.

I think the nuclear war dream means extreme fear and end of what you understand as world. Nuclear war is the best way your mind finds to express these feelings, but in actuality what you are being told is that something new and inevitable will happen that you cannot preconceive. And we deeply fear this upcoming new thing, fear it as much as a nuclear war.

Most of you have relatives involved in the dreams, that means that even though the world is ending, what really bothers you is the suffering of those who you love. You will suffer for them. You don't care about the world but you care a lot about them.

Fear is the product of being attached to that which you like. It doesn't mean that you have to stop liking, it just means that you have to transcend and realize that change is constant. We will always exist in one form or another. Suffering will be inevitable if you are attached to specific forms.
Remember: Death doesn't mean the end of existence. Death is just one part of the never-ending cycle.

Now my own experience.
I know exactly what you are all talking about. I have had similar experiences. But mine weren't in the realm of dreams. I felt the future when I was awake. And I have never felt such intense panic and fear. It came as a powerful wave. I knew it was not my fear and I knew it was just a little sample of the real thing that is coming soon. At the time I just thought I was losing my marbles and becoming paranoid. But after a couple of days of trying to understand I finally realized what was happening.

Imagine the beach shore before a tsunami. The water withdraws because the water is being all dragged to form the tsunami. The beach shore is the present and the tsunami is the future. I felt the withdrawal of the water because I was not attached to the past or to anything else, I had no "anchor" to hold me. I was at the beach shore and I was being pulled towards the tsunami. And that tsunami was insanely big. I had to reattach myself to something or else I could easily drown. The pull was intense. And so was the panic. But I wasn't panicking because of the pull. The pull WAS the panic.

It is coming.
And few are prepared.
Prepare yourself by becoming fearless (fear will always be there, but don't let it control you).

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
www.belowtopsecret.com...

This was mine.

There pretty frightning dreams.

Last night though I had a dream I was in a submarine and had to go to jail

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I also had that dream once as a kid.. I was in my bedroom and when i looked out of the window[i had a pretty nice view] i saw this bright light/ flash and then i took cover on the ground, then it got very hot and then i woke up all sweaty ..

I must say the most vivid dream i ever had and best i can still remember was about aliens, at least that was the suggestion from my perspective[well before i got into these conspiracy sites]..
..In the dream i drove home [from work or anything] and when i stepped out of my car near the house i saw these strange purple lights in the sky[it was night], i actually heard a strange scare noise[almost music] and i levitated/floated into the air, as if they wanted to abduct me! I could grap the front door while levitating and get inside to escape from this force that got me into the air..Once inside it was dark and i saw this shadow of a giant tail moving on the wall in the livingroom, in the kitchen my sister suddenly cathed my from behind and said something like "why you do all these drugs?" [ok i had my recreative period back then], when i went back to the living room which was dark before suddenly my whole family was sitting there, for some reason that was pretty scary..
This was really one of the most scary dreams i ever had, especially when i floated into the air..
The one thing i realised when i woke up was, if aliens ever visit us they might not be so friendly as i thought/hope.. that was really the thing i learnt from it

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I dream about nukes all the time. It's very scary. I think the thing that bothers me most is that one time (I don't remember where) I heard that some believe nukes might destroy souls...I think it was on Coast to Coast a.m.
I mean...when I die, I'd like to keep my soul in tact...so if we are going to get nuked...some one please shoot me before the bomb hits the ground.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
You know, lately, I have been having dreams of war, not nuclear, but war.

Dreams of military taking people out of their homes, dog fights in the skies, carpet bombs destroying my neighboorhood.

Freaks me out!

But, Can't be sure if they mean anything until something happens, or never happens.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
When i was VERY young, some of my first memories of vivid dreams, i dreamed of combat aircraft in the skies, what i'd later find out was EXACTLY was the X-29, i saw ICBMs arcing high overhead and leaving contrails on their trajectory, and MIRVs streaking in. Mushroom clouds. I also dreamed of IMMENSE stone megaliths floating above the cities, so massive that they dwarfed the cities under them. Rectangular "stone" craft flying in formation and without a sound.

And the thing that really "scared" me the most, wasn't the war, but the sheer immensity of these hovering megaliths and how they silently and with an ethereal calm, floated in precise formation and aligned with the major streets and avenues as if to prove their "intelligence". I saw thousands of these rectangular stones the size of city blocks hovering on parade everywhere, and time just stopped. That's all i can really say.

Since then i've had lots of dreams of nuclear war, but i can't remember ever being scared or sad about it. I just felt indifference for the destruction of an already dead world. It was more of a release and something i welcomed as if i was waiting my whole life for. In one dream when i was about 12, the blackened sky was pierced by incandescent columns of nuclear fire, and while everyone ran for cover and cowered uselessly in their last sad desperate moments, i calmly walked out into the open, watched the black sky rolling overhead and shed a tear of joy and relief as it all turned to ash and dust.

I hate to say it, but some of my dreams are something else, something real and of another time and place. Not past lives, but i see what's coming. It feels different when i have these dreams, like i'm lucid but not because i'm still reacting and not observer-controlling. I'll dream i am another person and carry out their tasks when it comes to dealing with traumatic events. I've dreamed lots of stuff that happened, some happened real-time as i was dreaming, and i found out afterward when i saw my dreams reflected EXACTLY in media when it comes to events.

One of my "prophecy"(ugh,,,) dreams involved a nuke buried somewhere on the beach in Galveston, TX. I have no basis for naming Galveston other than it just "feels" like i'm there. Never been there, i know nothing about it really, but that's where i was. I was one of the team members involved in the detonation of the device at a precisely prescribed time. For some reason we had technical issues and found myself running down the beach with a failed comm radio in my hand and trying to "beat the clock" for some deadline prescribed by whomever i was doing the bidding of. I knew i wouldn't survive as it wasn't part of the "mission" and after willing a body that wasn't mine to sprint a mile in sand to Alpha, i collapsed, and performed some action which may or may not to have been to detonate. Everything just "switched off".

I dream and see other things, days of literal darkness, the sun don't shine through the black sky, mountaintops are barren lifeless islands in the black water of an immense dead ocean.

But then again i never dream of the sun, unless it's part of a prophecy dream, but all my normal dreams there's always a blackened sky.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

It could be one or the other or a combination of both. Only time will tell.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I've had dreams of nuclear war ever since I can remember. It seems like for some reason, the sun is always in the west, maybe setting when the attacks come. Mushroom clouds, the heat, the shaking of the ground, and things burning/destroyed, are all very vivid.

I've had a couple, where I'm trying to get my family to go somewhere safe, from ground zero. I've woke up from these dreams, still smelling the burned flesh, the ash, rock melted metal, etc.. Scares the hell out of me when it happens. The smell generally sticks with me an hour or two after I wake up.

Maybe I'm just weird.

It just occurred to me... I don't know how much stock I take into reincarnation, but could these be flashbacks of things that might have happened thousands of years ago? Not a huge bible reader, but isn't there some verse in there that says something like "What is, has been and will be again."? Maybe those of us dreaming about nuclear war might be seeing something from wayyyy back.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by metallion]

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

I have had two dreams related to nuclear war throughout my life. One in my childhood and one in my late teenage years.
The first dream was a vision. Someone, or something, showed it to me somehow. We all knew that something very bad and unstoppable was happening. We all went down into what looked like a gravel pit with layers sort of like a round inverted step pyramid. Basically it was a huge round hole in the ground. I think it was perhaps the edge of what used to be a lake, and the seats we were on were perhaps different layers of sand. There was something coming and we were all saying goodbye to each other. Then there was this strange whistling sound, sort of like a kettle, but it kept getting louder and louder. I could feel a heavy presence coming from the sky. I told whatever it was that was making me have that dream that I did not want to stick around to see what would happen. It was such a heavy feeling. That dream haunted me for months.
In the second dream, I was taking a bus in a large metropolis, which I just realized while typing this looked quite a bit like where I live now. There was something moving across the sky. It was probably a missile. It approached moving from East to West, I think. I'm not too certain about the direction though. I know the direction relative to where I'm sitting. I believe it was East to West. That would be weird considering I'm near the west coast right now, but for all I know, the dream could have been in New York or another city. I believe in the dream I was thinking how weird it was to be on the East instead of the West coast. Anyway, there was something moving in the sky, but when I tried to look at it, the intensity of what I was looking at was too much to bear and I ended up seeing the same sort of thing that you see when you see stars when I tried to look at the sky. Everyone was looking at it. I thought that it was weird that I was feeling exited about it when I should have been upset. It wasn't until after I woke up that I realized that it must have been a long range nuclear missile, or something of the sort. Also, right when I was waking up I heard a really deep sonic boom, and then a bunch of noise that sounded almost like static. The intense feelings I had in this dream closely matched the feelings that I had in my other dream. That dream also triggered me to remember the first dream which I had forgotten for many years.
Is something going to happen? I don't know. But I do have premonitions sometimes and the last three years have been full of restless nights where I awaken from terrible nightmares. The world is going to go through something major in the near future, but I hope that it isn't nuclear war.
Oh, I also had one other dream in which there was probably a nuclear strike, but I didn't interpret it as that while I was dreaming it.
In this dream I was looking out the window of my room, and the wind started blowing straight toward my window. Then the wind got faster and faster to the point where the pressure in the room became unbearable. I ended up trying to get to the couch to shield myself, I slept on a couch in that time, when the window shattered and my door blew open the opposite way that the hinges would allow it, ripping a hole in the wall. The wind got so great that I could not exhale. I could inhale all I wanted but exhalation was impossible because of the intensity of the wind. Then there was a weird orange-red glow. The clouds in the sky were rippling like as if they were in a puddle and suddenly the houses and trees I could see out my window burst into pieces and went flying, being carried by the intense wind. There was what sounded like an inferno in the background and I could feel myself burning, but almost as if the fire were electrical. Then I woke up with this feeling that I had to get out of there. It was so intense that I actually moved away for a while. But then I got lonely and came back.
Also in my dreams sometimes the ground starts shaking and the wind blows back and forth with intense speed as I am surrounded with the sound of explosions. Of course the last dream I mentioned probably has very little to do with nuclear blasts and more to do with strange atmospheric and geological disturbances.
Hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by metallion

You just reminded me of some thoughts that I've had while meditating. I could see all these ancient stone buildings, but there was all this technology that should never have been there, like crippled people levitating through the air with strange technology. Also, there were soldiers. I sometimes believe that history was very different from what we all believe it to be.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join