It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim man critical after 'honour attack' with acid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If this is a religeous act then i dont understand it.It seems like plaim old blind hatefull violence to me.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

Dude here is an excerpt from your post...

but is incompatible with civilised countries

Based on your statement I find it only to be interpreted one way. That is you find all muslim countries to be "uncivilised." Am I wrong?
Please tell me how to interpret such a statement...

You said it. I called you out on it. It is an ignorant statement. If you wish to retract it or clarify it, then by all means do so. Your clarification would help to determine the intentions for posting the thread.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

What I meant by that statement was that throwing acid on someone, making them swallow acid, stabbing and blinding them, all because he had loose associations with a married woman is an unacceptable way to act.

Many muslim countries have 'honour killings', which is what this was an attempt of. These can be because of affairs, insults etc.

Do you find this tradition acceptable? Do you find this civilised?

And for the record I have many several muslim friends, from Pakistan and Saudi, who find the idea of such actions abhorrent.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

I am not too familiar with Sharia law. Perhaps you could explain to me.

Would Sharia law involve everyone in the UK who did something wrong, having acid thrown in their face?

Also i thought Sharia law applied to muslims.....the UK is not a muslim country, so i fail to see where you're going with your argument....if it was an argument, that is.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Britain has 85 Sharia law courts operating on islamic traditional beliefs. It would be interesting to see how a Sharia law court would interpret these actions based on traditional 'honour killings' as opposed to UK law.

So that is my argument, if you bothered to read a little you would have seen where it was going.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Sharia 'courts' are more like tribunals and do not and never will supercede UK law. So throwing acid in someones face will always be a crime, as it shoudl be. If you did this in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Malaysia etc. it would still be a crime. There's no Sharia law that says 'you may throw acid in someone's face and that's ok'.

I know the UK loosely fits in with 'civilised'

And how, pray tell, would you know such a thing? Do you live here?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Yes. I live just outside Glasgow.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Until you begin to commit to look at people as individuals, your logic will always be wrong!

Unfortunately through the teachings of The Koran, Islam refuses to recognise people as individuals and through Sharia aims to govern and control every aspect of a Muslims life.
Individuality and freedom of thought, will and choice is completely alien to Islamic creed.
It is also a Muslim's duty to seek to impose Sharia, through any means possible, upon everyone.

Of course not all 'Muslim's' support this barbaric code of law, unfortunately they do very little to oppose it and they themselves are not considered true Muslims by Sharia advocates.
And it is these fundamentalists who are most active and who are spreading like a cancer amongst us all.

Of course not ALL barbaric acts are committed by Muslims or decreed by a Sharia judgement, but Sharia is particularly brutal, treats women unequally, (they are deemed to be the value of half a man) and is such an all encompassing code.
No other major religion today demands such total obedience and issues and sanctions such barbaric judgements upon people.

Too many Muslims constantly put the blame for the percieved bigotry against them upon non-Muslims and their engrained racism and bigotry.
However, I suspect that it is much more due to the brutal and uncompromising nature of Islam and the sense of smug superiority Muslims give off to non-believing Kaffirs.

Muslims must start accepring responsibility themselves and actively seek to abolish these barbaric practices.
Only then will people stop treating Islam with such disdain and mistrust.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I did bother to read it and it was going nowhere.

So there are Sharia courts....so what?

I am not a muslim. It wouldn't affect me and Sharia law is not the law of the land in the UK.

If a Sharia court took charge of this case then i couldn't care less.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I can't stand fundamentalists and extremists. No matter what religion they are. These muslim women have the right to become "close" to whoever the hell they want. I'm sick of people who try to control women, they aren't your property. I respect any muslim women that stands up to her religions oppression.

And this man didn't deserve this. I'm going to assume this happened just because he had sex with a muslim woman or whatever close means, maybe they where just friends.. People should be allowed to be with whoever they want, WHOEVER.

These people should stay in their own countries. Don't come to ours and try to use your twisted version of justice.

And this isnt an attack on muslims, just the extreme fundamentalist ones, the ones that do stuff like this. Its pathetic.

Peace.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Point taken than.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I did bother to read it and it was going nowhere.

So there are Sharia courts....so what?

I am not a muslim. It wouldn't affect me and Sharia law is not the law of the land in the UK.

If a Sharia court took charge of this case then i couldn't care less.

Good. Good for you.

Would your opinion still be the same when loud hailers are issuing the call to prayer at 6am outside your home?

Would your opinion still be the same if you / your girlfriend (not sure what sex you are) have to wear a veil in the street or get beaten?

Would your opinion still be the same if you / your girlfriend were not allowed to drive because you are female?

You honestly couldn't care if this was taken up by a Sharia court than a UK court?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

You might want to pay heed to the quote on your own signiture line

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” – Martin Luther King

Some very wise words there.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I don't really understand.

The things you mentioned might happen in some islamic countries, but as i mentioned before, the United Kingdom is not an Islamic country.
So the things you said, won't happen in the UK and are irrelevent in the context of this story. A man was attacked, ok we understand that.

But suddenly your mentioning having to wear veils and being banned from driving, calls to prayer etc etc.

I understand your trying to make me see things from your point of view, but I really don't see what they have to do with the context of that man getting attacked.

Fear mongering perhaps?

Yes i agree about the quote in my signature. However if you're implying that your life is beginning to end because of such a situation as this man in this news story being attacked, then that is rather silly.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Also i don't know too much about Sharia law anyway, so i am not so sure whether such a case as this would be taken up by a Sharia court.

I thought they dealt with domestic issues between muslims, but in this case a serious crime has been committed so i don't think it should be in the hands of a sharia court. But again i can't really comment because i don't really know anything about Sharia law.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I don't really understand.

The things you mentioned might happen in some islamic countries, but as i mentioned before, the United Kingdom is not an Islamic country.
So the things you said, won't happen in the UK and are irrelevent in the context of this story. A man was attacked, ok we understand that.

But suddenly your mentioning having to wear veils and being banned from driving, calls to prayer etc etc.

I understand your trying to make me see things from your point of view, but I really don't see what they have to do with the context of that man getting attacked.

Fear mongering perhaps?

My original argument was of the incompatible nature of Islamic tradition - such as honour killings - and Sharia Law, which as a British citizen feel is unacceptable.

You said these things might happen in some islamic countries but not the UK.

Back to my original point - honour killings happen in the UK.
85 Sharia courts are operating in the UK.
These things are happening in the UK.

Some of these courts have petitioned for mosques to issue the call to prayer through broadcast systems, such as in Birmingham, for example.

The issue is the slow islamification of Britain and the fact that honour killings and barbaric attacks like in the news article seem increasingly prevelant, and with the rise of power of Sharia courts could potentially be dealt with non-severely as it is acceptable, and probably defensible in the koran or in islamic culture.

I can't explain myself clearer than that. If you're really struggling, PM me and i'll take you through it step by step.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Honour killings / attacks DO occur in the UK.

The point is... We DON'T want it occuring here. If the Muslim has a gripe then they should deal with it like all other UK citizens. I.e not torturing, murdering or disfiguring the offender.

This is not racism or xenophobia, it's civilised common sense. Paint it however you like, twist it, or spin it... But the fact remains, these honour killings occur more often in less civilised countries, but now the tradition is spilling over into countries like the UK.

It's wrong on so many levels.

www.bbc.co.uk...

"Mustaq Ahmed, 40, a Muslim businessman murdered his daughter's boyfriend because he disapproved of their relationship. He was sentenced to life imprisonment for murdering 22-year-old Albanian Rexhap Hasani in 2003."

"Boy, 16, arrested after Muslim woman's lover is 'forced to drink acid"

www.dailymail.co.uk...

"Boyfriend was stabbed 46 times in 'honour killing', court told" www.timesonline.co.uk...

"A grandmother has been sentenced to life imprisonment for arranging the murder of her daughter-in-law, whose adultery she claimed had brought shame on the family."

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
If this is a religeous act then i dont understand it.It seems like plaim old blind hatefull violence to me.

Well, that's all it really is - just plain vindictive, brutality but using religion as a guise to hide it.

"Don't blame me, your Honour, I didn't want to throw acid in that man's face. My religion says I'm honour-bound to do so!"

Same old, same old, I'm afraid.

(I'm not making a generalisation about Muslims or Sharia law in that sarcastic quip - just on religious exteremist mentalities in the broad sense)

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

No, no i understand. It was Sharia law i was unsure of.

I just read this article.

Sharia Law

Basically Sharia Law is not state law in the United Kingdom. Nor will it ever be. Therefore i don't see how this effects you. Don't bring up the subject of mosques and the call to prayer etc, because that has nothing to do with this subject.

So because Sharia Law isn't state law, it wouldn't affect you, unless you are a muslim.

So the bottom line is Sharia Law won't affect you unless it becomes state law, which i don't believe it ever will in the United Kingdom. But if you want to talk about your belief that muslims are taking over the UK or the "islamification" of Britain or something like that, then that is something for another thread entirely.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Nice post, Mr-Lizard

And that's all many of us here want -- those that come to this country to respect one and another and to abide by the laws.

If someone has a grievance or issue - follow the same guidelines and protocols the rest of us do.

I don't think it's wrong for myself to actively dislike those that do not follow our rules and regulations but instead apply a form of justice that is completely and utterly inhuman.

Certainly doesn't feel wrong to oppose people who think like that.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If there was a situation which was an honor killing then they should be dealt with by the law of the land.

Sharia law is not the law of the land in the UK.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join