It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim man critical after 'honour attack' with acid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk

The 24-year-old man was attacked with sulphuric acid and stabbed by four men. He was blinded in one eye, suffered severe injuries to his tongue and throat and suffered 50 per cent burns. He was also stabbed twice in the back and attacked with bricks leaving him with fractures to his face.

The Danish man, who is of Asian origin, is said to have "insulted" a woman's religious family by becoming close to her, although she has denied to officers that the relationship was sexual.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Fixed Title

[edit on 7/23/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is ridiculous, the guy didn't even do anything other than become close to her, apparently!

This is why Sharia law can never be allowed in Britain. This type of barbarism may be common place in Muslim countries, but is incompatible with civilised countries (I know the UK loosely fits in with 'civilised').

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Fixed Title.

[edit on 7/23/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The religion of peace strikes again...

Oh wait... It's just another isolated case.*

*One of many.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

This type of barbarism may be common place in Muslim countries, but is incompatible with civilised countries

There are some seriously troubled people within the muslim faith. I personally can never see any justification for such an attack.

But...

Your quote here, to me, is an example of your bias. I dont know you, but when someone generealizes all muslim countries as "uncivilised" it seem apparent that you have other intentions when posting such a thread.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs

This type of barbarism may be common place in Muslim countries, but is incompatible with civilised countries

But...

Your quote here, to me, is an example of your bias. I dont know you, but when someone generealizes all muslim countries as "uncivilised" it seem apparent that you have other intentions when posting such a thread.

So you're effectively saying that it's wrong for the poster to claim that a barbaric acid attack is barbaric, because the attacker is muslim?

Yes, some muslim countries ARE uncivilised. Kuwait for example has a high level of human trafficking. Not very civilised eh?

Or are you just defending the muslim faith because you feel politically obliged to do so?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The people that committed the attack need to be caught, tried convicted, and server their time in jail.

After they server their jail time, they should be immediately deported. It is clear that they can not live in the west. There should be no appeals etc. They have forfeited their privilege of living in the west.

Immigration is not a right, it is a privilege. A privilege can be revoked.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

So you're effectively saying that it's wrong for the poster to claim that a barbaric acid attack is barbaric, because the attacker is muslim?

Really, is that what I am saying? Or is that what you wish I was saying? So you could have something to troll about? Your head is effectively in the gutter. Re-read my post, and then reply with something relevant.

Yes, some muslim countries ARE uncivilised. Kuwait for example has a high level of human trafficking. Not very civilised eh?

There is human trafficking everywhere. The highest percentage being in Russia. Much of it done right here in the states. Does tht make us "uncivilized"?

And so which is it? Some muslim countries or all are uncivilized? Once you have figyured it out, by all means get back to me.

Or are you just defending the muslim faith because you feel politically obliged to do so?

I didnt realize I was defending the muslim faith. This is something you decided to decipher out of my post.

edit to fix quotations and spelling

[edit on 23-7-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Regardless of what your views are or how you interpreted my post, this type of barbarism is common in muslim countries, like pakistan for example, where schoolgirls are stoned to death for wearing makeup.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

I think it's wrong to infer that muslims as a whole or muslim countries are uncivilized.

Only muslim countries dwelve into human trafficking?

MR Lizard, I know for a fact that you are smarter thant this!

Alot of human trafficking can be traced back to american corporations.
Human trafficking is very much a result, in most cases, of globalism.

Politically obliged to?

Did you know that muslims are humans?

Until you begin to commit to look at people as individuals, your logic will always be wrong!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman
Regardless of what your views are or how you interpreted my post, this type of barbarism is common in muslim countries, like pakistan for example, where schoolgirls are stoned to death for wearing makeup.

I have two questions for ATS

Firstly I was born in NY, but my location on my profile used to say Canada, now it says atlantis. But most people know i'm in Canada now here on ATS. But New York is my birthplace and I lived all throughout the U.S.
Now, for the questions.

1) How come when I speak about the bad things happening in the United States people ask me "aren't you from Canada?". But it's okay for everyone to speak about Pakistan, or Iran, or any country on the planet.
Granted those that ask me this don't know where I was born or raised but that's not the point.

2) How come when someone criticizes the U.S. they get called anti-american but there's no such thing as anti-african or anti-asian or whatever.

These are my questions.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Not these 4! Or the ones that stoned the girl to death in Iran. Or any of the ones calling for a "Jihad" against all infidels.

Anybody openly calling for my death ceases to be human in my book.

I know some great Muslims here at the University. Problem is, most of them are progressive and "westernized". I don't know any of the fanatical ones that we hear about on the news. Maybe they are rare, and as in most cases, 99% of Muslims ARE Great!

So, in my personal experience, Muslims are great, but if I ever meet the ones calling for my destruction on Al Jazeera, or other news outlets, I will kill them in pre-emptive self-defense, and I won't give it a second thought!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
this is what happens when people do not want to integrate into the country they moved too.

It dont suprise me that this happened in leyton(stone?) take a walk through leyton or anywhere in east london these days and tell me what you see becauses its definatly not integration.

And dont give me no #e about racism or multi-culturalism or political correctness!

If i moved to afghanistan and behaved the way these uber honour killers behave then what would happen?

if i moved to saudi arabia and killed/maimed another human being due to somebody dis-honouring my christian beliefs i would probably be stoned to death!

Mr lizard i agree with you 100% people feel obliged to defend certain minorities for some reason i dont know why but they do.

another one in the bag for religion

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
this is what happens when people do not want to integrate into the country they moved too.

Pshhhh!

Pulease!
There's no need to integrate.
Be yourself, end of story!
Unless your an extremist

But your statement portrays a picture that everyone is an extremist.

If i moved to afghanistan and behaved the way these uber honour killers behave then what would happen?

if i moved to saudi arabia and killed/maimed another human being due to somebody dis-honouring my christian beliefs i would probably be stoned to death!

You are exaggerating a bit, but you are also right

But you know what, it still stupid logic.

You know when I was a kid, I did bad on an exam and my father had to sign the paper as proof that he saw it.

He said "Wow, you did pretty bad in this exam"
I said "ya but many people did bad"
He said "If you want to be good you should always compare yourself to people higher than you, not lower than you"

He was absolutely right!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I am not too familiar with Sharia law. Perhaps you could explain to me.

Would Sharia law involve everyone in the UK who did something wrong, having acid thrown in their face?

Also i thought Sharia law applied to muslims.....the UK is not a muslim country, so i fail to see where you're going with your argument....if it was an argument, that is.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
What? No defense of muslim brutality yet from mw? Wonder who he's gonna declare a zionist and a facsist in this instance? Guess only time can tell.

Personally, I like the warning the police use is named after a victim they failed to protect. Shows a real tendency toward competency, doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Pshhhh!

Pulease!
Unless your an extremist

But your statement portrays a picture that everyone is an extremist.

You are exaggerating a bit, but you are also right

But you know what, it still stupid logic.

You know when I was a kid, I did bad on an exam and my father had to sign the paper as proof that he saw it.

He said "If you want to be good you should always compare yourself to people higher than you, not lower than you"

He was absolutely right!

Pulease!
Unless your an extremist

Their is a need to integrate actaully, when enough people move into another country you would think that they would respect the countries laws and traditions enough to at least uphold them?

but no, im sure its ok to move to another country and try to live by some retarded religious law that doesnt work in a civilised country

You are exaggerating a bit

Oh im sorry im exaggerating? ok so if i move to saudi arabia and throw acid in somebody's face because they dis-honoured my religion what would happen to me? there ya go fixed it for you

See i believe everybody is born equal (no im not religous) but the problem is these 'extremists' believe they are somehow better than everybody else.

But as for what your daddy said i dont see how thats relevant,But then again i never had one so i probably wouldnt

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I think it's wrong to infer that muslims as a whole or muslim countries are uncivilized.

Why not? Although I didn't say as a whole. Although some places ARE uncivilised.

Only muslim countries dwelve into human trafficking?

No, no , no... I was using an example of a practice of such barbarism. Maybe i should have just stuck to the honour acid attacks.

MR Lizard, I know for a fact that you are smarter thant this!

Why thankyou...

Alot of human trafficking can be traced back to american corporations.
Human trafficking is very much a result, in most cases, of globalism.

Again... This is something that brings us down several pegs. This should not occur in any civilisation.

Yes.

Until you begin to commit to look at people as individuals, your logic will always be wrong!

Okay... but maybe this should apply to the families who have to 'honour' themselves due to the actions of an individual. Maybe these extremists should value individual thought as oppsoed to time honored tradition.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This all depends on whatever your definition of "civilized" may consist of.

Being Muslim myself, I still agree that (with my belief and definition of what "civilized" is) many Muslim countries in the Middle East are in fact uncivilized. I am a proud Muslim (though not a devout one), yet I still believe that many of the "traditions" of the Muslim faith are old and outdated and do not have much place in the modern world.

However, to generalize that because many violent or "barbaric" attacks are caused by people of the Muslim faith is absolutely incorrect. What about violent acts that are committed by African Americans, Hispanics, or otherwise? We look to attacks by Muslims because that's what the media puts out the most. So that all ignorant Americans believe that Muslims are the source of all the violence in the world.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Their is a need to integrate actaully, when enough people move into another country you would think that they would respect the countries laws and traditions enough to at least uphold them?

I'm sorry but being a good citizen and respecting the law is something you have no choice but to do.

I wouldn't necessarily equate that to integration.

If you commit a crime it means you broke the law, it doesn't mean you didn't "integrate" lol.

but no, im sure its ok to move to another country and try to live by some retarded religious law that doesnt work in a civilised country

You think I would move to Saudi Arabia?
My cousin went to Saudi Arabia for a short while because her husband had a software implementation contract there.

At the airport, they forced my cousin to wear a Burqa
I was flaming mad when I heard that.
She even told them that they aren't muslim, they didn't care

Simple, don't move there
Hell don't even visit

Oh im sorry im exaggerating? ok so if i move to saudi arabia and throw acid in somebody's face because they dis-honoured my religion what would happen to me? there ya go fixed it for you

You know very well that's not what I meant

See i believe everybody is born equal (no im not religous) but the problem is these 'extremists' believe they are somehow better than everybody else.

I do completely agree
Extremism or Fanaticism, whatever you want to call it, is a disease of the mind.

No argument here

But as for what your daddy said i dont see how thats relevant,But then again i never had one so i probably wouldnt

I said that because you said "oh look at what they do over there"

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Why not? Although I didn't say as a whole. Although some places ARE uncivilised.

Honestly, as far as i'm concerned the entire planet is uncivilized
Would you agree?

There's just different forms of it.
Do we agree?

Okay... but maybe this should apply to the families who have to 'honour' themselves due to the actions of an individual. Maybe these extremists should value individual thought as oppsoed to time honored tradition.

Obviously
Is that even an argument?

But extremists will NEVER value individual thought
In fact they are the only exception, I'm guessing they have very little individualism in them. The only individual they know is their holy book and their god.

But look at what you just did.
I said you should look at everyone as individuals.
You said ya but extremists should do that too then.
I said of course your right.

Did you know that you just compared yourself to an extremist?

ahhaaa
Now you understand what my father told me don't ya!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join