It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US hyperinflation, really coming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I was of the opinion that massive inflation would not happen. I mean, why would they want to make useless all that $350 billion TARP money they just stole? Did they do it so they could have a lot of toilet paper?

But lately it occured to me that the reason they did steal all those notes in the first place was perhaps to prepare for inflation. Who can spend $350 billion anyway? At 50% inflation you'd still have $175 billion. Another 50 and you'd still have half of that. And it's actually not just 350, it's a lot more as they keep printing.

A dollar devaluation is also some sort of inflation. So could they (also) be preparing for that instead?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by eldard

My husband is a tax accountant and the only thing he said would frighten him is hyper-inflation. At the rate things are going, it looks like it could very well happen. Scary. Especially if it was pre-planned (conspired).

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Wait when the fed starts to raise interest rates and then we may be talking by then about inflation.

So far they have been avoiding inflation while manipulating the interest rates and keeping them flat, but that means they are losing money.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Things are already to expensive now. I pay $82 for a one bedroom apartment for electrcity. KCPL just had a 17.5% rate increase during an economic recession! In the 1930s electrcity was a small percentage of a person's income. Rent was less that 25% of a person's income.
We have already experienced inflation well beyond what was seen in the last depresssion.
What do we do if the dollar is worth almost nothing and a person needs more and more of it. Are salaries going to go up, social security and disablity benefits? I doubt it. This disgusts me; this is how the poor get poorer and the middle class start to become extinct.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
We heard Bernanke mention his grip on inflation. This is a red flag.

We could easily see a 25% annual inflation rate, which would lead to hyperinflation in only 3 years, unless something happens before that.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
not likely .....banks have to lend for hyperinflation to occur......this is silly

if congress had control of the money they might hyperfinflate because they only think of short term profits and getting re-elected...they may be tempted to write everyone a check and then crash the bond market

so long as us banks have pull..... they do not want to hyperinflate the dollar and get rid of their cash cow.....they need $ to get paid in.....they would rather keep the economy just meak enough so that banks get paid .......but not over flowing credit NOW since loan losses on banks loans that go sour would be Overwhelming in this enviornement of people who will have less reliability paying back loans

when the big boys (if there are bigger boys that operate outside of us power circles from old europe i would guess) decide to pull the plug then i guess we would see things get really interesting....but i don't see that happening.... a one time competitive devaluation possibly to reduce debt so consumer could take more on....believable.....we shall see

new topics

top topics

join