It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CSPAN: Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Marsian Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Mars and its Strange Moons
"As the last picture was halfway through, they [Soviets] saw something that should not be there."

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
As a veritable newbie to this controversy over Buzz Aldrin and the sum total of my exposure to it has been the videos on this thread, it seems to me he's speaking out of both sides of his mouth. Of course the the first video has obviously been shortened to promote a certain point of view, but in the video of the Larry King interview, he appears to contradict himself.
I'm watching the full length C-SPAN video now. I'm interested in his ring on his right hand. Looks like a crescent moon and star.
So far my impression of him is a company man through and through. He's pitching space exploration to everyone in both camps, he's pitching the mystery and the possiblility of discovery to the UFO camp, and the thrill of accomplishment to the science camp. He's pitching his book. Who's he pitching for? Besides his own royalties, of course.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Ok, I watched the whole C-SPAN video. Buzz......
He's a pitchman for the Company. And wasn't he the guy that took a bunch of Mercury head dimes up with him so he could sell them when he got back to Earth?
Sorry, this is not our disclosure guy. If he says he saw them i wouldn't believe it, if he said he didn't see them I wouldn't believe it.
Just my 2 pennies.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky
And wasn't he the guy that took a bunch of Mercury head dimes up with him so he could sell them when he got back to Earth?

That was Virgil "Gus" Grissom that you're thinking of.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Junkheap

Originally posted by missvicky
And wasn't he the guy that took a bunch of Mercury head dimes up with him so he could sell them when he got back to Earth?

That was Virgil "Gus" Grissom that you're thinking of.

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
In geological terminology the word structure means a natural formation. Aldrin, having been trained in geology as preparation for his Apollo mission, is using the word in that sense.

His statement "Who put that there?" is referring to those who would like to believe that it is an artificial construct. In saying "The universe put it there. If you chose, God put it there.", he is saying it's a natural formation, not a made thing.

He is in no way saying it is artificial.

If it is merely another natural geological feature, why exactly did he go about highlighting it and pointing out how it would stand out in people's minds? Moreover, natural formations are NOT "put" anywhere by someone. He says this object was PUT there, and we just don't know by whom.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

Were you not paying attention to what he said and what I said? Look at what you just quoted. Read what I said. Watch the video. Aldrin was not himself saying "Who put that there?" He is quoting what people might say when hearing about the formation for the first time. "When people find out about that they'll say, 'who put that there?'". His answer to that question is "the universe....God." In other words...nature. His point is that no one "put" it there. There is nothing ambiguous. It's clear what his intent and meaning was.

He is trying to inspire the excitement and sense of wonder that space exploration used to inspire. He wants us to go to Mars and he thinks Phobos is the best way to get there. Watch the whole video for crying out loud. Don't try to take his meaning from a single sentence. Don't try to read a huge secret into a single phrase.

[edit on 7/25/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I've never liked how Aldrin likes to seemingly string along conspiracy theorists. Such as the UFO stuff he started talking about in 2007 only to eventually deny it. This is only his latest public sideshow.

Either admit you've seen something like Gordon Cooper or keep your mouth shut, Aldrin. This doesn't help.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I agree with Phage: 'ol Buzz basically said that it's exciting that the monolith is there, but there's not a straight link between alleged aliens and the monolith: i myself would like to know WTF did put it there, but in my humble opinion he was more likely referring to God or just to the universe: really, in order to make some alien based conspiracy in this case we would need to put in his mouth words that he never said

The monolith is geologically interesting but NOTHING in it suggests any artificial origion. And even if he meant anything else: he has been to the Moon, so he is entitled to comment images coming from our probes sent to Mars like anyone else: his opinion would be somewhat educated but i honestly don't think he would be able to add some scientific value to the debate with all the due respect.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join