It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CSPAN: Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Marsian Moon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Thanks. Just interested in keeping it straight about who has actually said what.

As a matter of fact, Aldrin is far more interested in going to Mars than establishing a presence on the Moon. His real interest in Phobos is as a staging point for establishing a permanent base on the planet.

The last step toward Mars, around 2025, would be a landing on the planet’s 17-mile-wide moon Phobos, which orbits less than 4000 miles above Mars. A Phobos base would be the perfect perch from which to monitor and control the robots that will build the infrastructure on the Martian surface, in preparation for the first human visitors.

www.popularmechanics.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
In geological terminology the word structure means a natural formation. Aldrin, having been trained in geology as preparation for his Apollo mission, is using the word in that sense.

His statement "Who put that there?" is referring to those who would like to believe that it is an artificial construct. In saying "The universe put it there. If you chose, God put it there.", he is saying it's a natural formation, not a made thing.

He is in no way saying it is artificial.

I don't believe that's the case at all. He left the "who" up for interpretation by alluding to both "God" and "the universe," but it's very clear he was implying that some form of intelligence beyond human capacity was responsible for the monolith in the context he was speaking in. The very reason he was at that interview in the first place was to discuss whether UFOs had visited Earth.

By the way, I find it funny how so many people (especially skeptics) view Buzz Aldrin as some sort of leading authority with high credibility on all things space just because he was the second person to walk on the moon, but he has admitted that he was a Christian and believed in Jesus in the past. Meanwhile, Edgar Mitchell (the sixth man to walk on the moon) gets battered & criticized by these same skeptics because he believes in remote viewing and openly admits that aliens visited the earth; something which is infintiely-times more plausible to believe in than the notion that
an invisible man named Jesus is looking down on us from the clouds in a white robe. This is selective skepticism at it's finest.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by hermantinkly]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

Aldrin speaks about things he knows about and has himself seen and experienced, he doesn't seem to talk much about his beliefs. Mitchell speaks about things he believes and what others have said.

Mitchell is free to believe anything he wishes but he brings no evidence or first hand experience to the table. To compare the two makes no sense.

[edit on 7/23/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
now this is interesting

thanks Op for posting the video and thanks internos and jkrog08 for the pictures

Buzz admitting on Camera there is a strange Monolith on a Moon orbiting Mars.
if anyone else would have called it a "Monolith" they would have been laughed at

palermoproject.com...

[edit on 23-7-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Is it not possible that he changed his story because he does not want to be ridiculed by the media like certain other people have ?

James Fox was also on the Larry King episode that you posted and he states that Buzz lied about his story in this case. He also says that Buzz Aldrin was going to reveal what he knew many years ago and backed out at the last minute, giving the same reason I wrote above.

Heres the video.

Read into it what you will

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I just have been informed that some of the images used here have been plagiarised:
since i don't know for sure what these images are, i will give the credits to the guys who deserve them:

Dr. Faccin, PHD, from Lunar Explorer Italia
Dr. Paolo C. Fienga, PHD, from Lunar Explorer Italia
www.lunexit.it...

Vi chiedo umilmente scusa amici miei, sono mortificato.

Until some minutes ago, it was my favourite website: (it is the BEST in Europe)
now please someone be so nice to explain what has happened.

Some SOURCES are missing right? Which ones?
Please, share the sources together with the images mates.

[edit on 23/7/2009 by internos]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodsearch

Why would you believe Fox over Aldrin? Aldrin isn't selling DVD's about how he didn't see a UFO on the way to Moon. Fox is selling DVD's claiming that he did.
What does Aldrin have to gain by lying? What does Fox have to lose if Aldrin is not lying?

I'll stick with Aldrin.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I saw an earlier program, where buzz stated that he AND the crew were observing a UFO that was not related to the Saturn 1V, they confirmed this with mission control, this is the same recollection but with a subtle twist.

Buzz has suffered from depression, and a host of other things since returning to earth, I think he has hopefully come out the other side and wants to impart information but someone who he respects keeps pulling the reins, possibly Neil.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa62d35bc151.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e270482b18b7.jpg[/atsimg]

courtesy:NASA/JPL

The second picture is with 3d modeling available on HiRise. Definitely something odd there on a moon that has already been speculated by some ufologist to be artificial or house an alien base. I am not saying that is what the monolith is, only that it is something surely interesting.

[edit on 7/23/2009 by jkrog08]

jkrog08, it seems that you did not give the due credits to the people who worked on these images: where did you get them may i ask? (i have no choice but ask)

www.lunexit.it...
www.lunexit.it...

[edit on 23/7/2009 by internos]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

Originally posted by hermantinkly
The very reason he was at that interview in the first place was to discuss whether UFOs had visited Earth.

On what do you base that statement?
Maybe you shouldn't talk about things that you don't know anything about.
CSPAN

[edit on 7/23/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I did not say that I believed James Fox over Aldrin. Its difficult to tell either way, but do you not think its plausible that Buzz would fear ridicule if he spoke out ?

The video I put in my previous post is there to provide a counter argument so that people can see both sides of the debate on Buzz's statements.

You complained about the video posted by jkrog08 becuase you believe they cut things out of the interview for they're own gains, which could be the case. However, James Fox raises some questions about his Larry King appearence which seems to support the idea that a UFO followed them on the journey to the moon.

I haven't seen any mention to Buzz in the trailer for his new movie or in Out of the Blue so I think its less likely that he's just making it up to shift movies. Why make this up ? If he wanted to sell movies he could make up a multitude of more exciting and explosive things.

Its obvious Buzz is promoting going to Mars instead of the moon and explicitly said that at the recent NASA press conference. It would be interesting to know what his source was for this. Is it through discussions with people at NASA describing it as a unknown? He seems quite excited about it and perhaps NASA is too

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

The both images came from here:
www.flickr.com...@N08/3707412881/

That is all I know. I misworded the image credit, as the site linked had little information on them. It was a bad interpretation on my part to source the images further than that.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

the link wasn't working

try this www.flickr.com

or this one...

www.flickr.com

hope that helps

[edit on 23-7-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bloodsearch

Mostly he snivels about Aldrin canceling his interview. Fox claims that Aldrin lied on the King show. Yet he does not say what part of what he said was a lie.

I find what Aldrin says during the King interview perfectly plausible. I don't have any reason to believe Fox.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

The both images came from here:
www.flickr.com...@N08/3707412881/

That is all I know. I misworded the image credit, as the site linked had little information on them.

ok: i believe you of course:
and
how did you get that result? ( i wanna try with my google)
keywords?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Goggle "Mars Monolith".....It should be the second link.

(All images removed until this whole thing is sorted out)

I just want to add publically that I apologize for this misunderstanding, as I did not obviously do enough research on those images. This will not happen again.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

jkrog08 is officially excused.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I never liked Buzz Aldrin , he is so full of it , he speaks to us like an adult to a little child.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I went to the CSPAN website and found the 7/19/09 interview of Buzz when I put it in the search box. It was an hour long interview and it was informative. The link to the video is:

www.c-span.org...

He started making points about the moon of mars at 29:30 at 37:00, and the start of the clip from the video that is on this thread starts around 52:20. In a nutshell he was saying that people should instead go to phobos in order to control remote vehicles on the surface of Mars. He made comment that why go back to a place that we have already been that has no atmosphere. He said that Mars was more earth like and was wet etc. etc.. I believe that Buzz Aldrin has told us more in his feint than he would let on. If we have the power to send somebody to the Mars and phobos area, why wast time to go to the moon of mars when we are already so close to Mars (phobos is closer to mars than the moon is close to the earth)? Also, what so important about that "monolith"/structure on phobos that he would know about and make a big deal about it? I mean the first thing that Nasa would say would be it's a very big boulder, they and buzz know alot more about phobos and Mars.

I believe that structure on phobos is artifical (an artifact) by someone. For one, if it's large in size where is the crater from the impact if this was a meteor. Also where is the rest of the rocks around it on the surface. It looks like it was placed in large open area which is almost impossible to do in nature. If this monolith was so important for Nasa and Buzz to be concerened about, they must also think that it is an artificial construct. I think that we are getting closer to disclosure and when it does happen, it will be a shock to all of us.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
www.c-span.org...

This is the full length to the full interview on CSPAN

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join