It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CSPAN: Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Marsian Moon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Former astronaut Buzz Aldrin spoke about the future of space exploration and said the public would be interested in a monolith on Phobos, one of the two small moons that revolve around Mars.

I would be interested in how anyone else viewed these comments. I don't know what to think right now. Is he joking or lying?

The fact is that putting him on the moon cost hundreds of billions of dollars (adjusted for inflation). I have no doubt that they would never have permitted an astronaut with psychological problems to have participated in such an expensive endeavor. I don't think Aldrin is crazy. So, that means he's either intentionally lying or he's telling the truth. I can't see any motivation for lying though.

Alright. I just found this photo online. It is supposed to be the monolith he's referring to.

3.bp.blogspot.com...

[edit on 23-7-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

HunkaHumka beat you to it!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
He seemed serious to me. Interesting.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Very interesting indeed. I wonder what will happen now or will it end up being swept under the rug.

I wonder how long TPTB will be able to keep covering things up regarding ancient civilizations and life outside our little bubble of Earth. Its nice to see the few who have been in space come forward to try and disclose the information that has been hidden from humanity for so long.

Unfortunately for Buzz and other older astronauts like Dr. Mitchell, they will probably be blasted as senile and insane by TPTB to discredit any disclosure they offer.

S&F friend, good find.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

HunkaHumka beat you to it!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for pointing it out, weedwhacker

I guess that two contemporaneously ongoing threads are allowed if one of the two is in Breaking Alternative News.

BTW...
www.vgl.org...

[edit on 23/7/2009 by internos]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Doh!!!, well at least now I have twice the info to subscribe to.

Looking forward to hearing more from Buzz and his fellow disclosure astronauts.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
he was credile for the last 40 years why wouldnt he be credible now... this is very interesting indeed..

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This should be the monolith in question:

The original image, from Maline Space Science System, should be this one:
MOC narrow-angle image SP2-55103
PHOBOS FOURTH ENCOUNTER NARROW ANGLE

Ancillary data for MOC narrow-angle image SP2-55103

Acquisition parameters:
Image ID (picno): SP2-55103
Image start time: 1998-09-12T22:44:33.98 SCET
Image width: 2048 pixels
Image height: 9600 pixels
Line integration time: 3.5000 millisec
Pixel aspect ratio: 0.60
Crosstrack summing: 1
Downtrack summing: 1
Compression type: PREDICTIVE-211
Gain mode: 4A (hexadecimal)
Offset mode: 5 (decimal)

Derived values:
Longitude of image center: 20.16°W
Latitude of image center: 28.61°N
Scaled pixel width: 2.43 meters
Scaled image width: 5.19 km
Scaled image height: 20.84 km
Solar longitude (Ls): 28.76°
Local True Solar Time: 17.31 decimal hours
Emission angle: 19.84°
Incidence angle: 43.57°
Phase angle: 62.71°
North azimuth: 350.53°
Sun azimuth: 253.22°
Spacecraft altitude: 381.03 km
Slant distance: 381.37 km

Hi res:
ida.wr.usgs.gov...

Another angle:

An interesting article:

Canadian Mission Concept to Mysterious Mars moon Phobos to Feature Unique Rock-Dock Maneuver
PRESS RELEASE
Date Released: Thursday, May 3, 2007
Source: Optech Incorporated

The PRIME science team has tentatively selected a specific and compelling feature on the surface of Phobos as the target landing site. Popularly known as the “Phobos Monolith”, it is a building-sized object that appears to be a boulder exposed relatively recently in an otherwise desolate area of the asteroid-like moon. Scientists on the PRIME team are interested in such boulders as they might represent unique opportunities to examine actual samples of Phobos’s bedrock up close. PRIME Deputy Principal Investigator Dr. Alan Hildebrand believes that the Phobos Monolith could hold the answers to the moon’s composition and history. “If we can get to that object, we likely don’t need to go anywhere else,” he advised the science team.

www.vgl.org...
www.spaceref.com...
palermoproject.com...
palermoproject.com...
So, it seems that not just the ol' Buzz has found it to be interesting ...

[edit on 23/7/2009 by internos]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I think he genuinely believes there's a 'monolith' on Phobos but in reality, even if something is there, it's most likely a natural structure perceived as something more then it actually is..just like all those posts about "buildings" on Moon...

[edit on 23-7-2009 by BlackShark]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
He did say it was a structure and 'who put it there, universe? God if you will.

Could mean any thing , but his face sayd 'just wait till you see it' kinda grin !

[edit on 23/7/2009 by ChemBreather]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

It seems Aldrin is always cautious to not state that NASA is hiding anything, I guess since he offers this information up free of accusations then they let him go, also he is too high profile to take down. I mean he sure is pushing aliens on the Moon and Mars ,as well is Edger Mitchell who says pretty much the same thing. I doubt if this will get more than a passing mention on MSM, although it is nice to see him discuss this on C-SPAN rather then a UFO show, it sure gives it a little more credibility.

Another view of the 'Monolith' in question:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91aec24690e4.jpg[/atsimg]

courtesy:4.bp.blogspot.com...

Here is the video about his and the rest of 11's sighting of something:

[edit on 7/23/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

And here's the whole story he was trying to tell. I wonder why the guys who made your video left so much out.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Probably because that documentary was a UFO one.

It was not the booster but very likely a piece of debris(I won't get into what I think happened ON the Moon though
), that was not the reason for me showing the video however. The reason was to show the connection that Aldrin has had with ufology for sometime.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000

I wonder how long TPTB will be able to keep covering things up regarding ancient civilizations and life outside our little bubble of Earth. Its nice to see the few who have been in space come forward to try and disclose the information that has been hidden from humanity for so long.

Have you considered the possibility that TPTB have no definitive knowledge of extraterrestrial civilizations? Perhaps they are not as all-knowing as they'd like you to think they are, and as many believe they are. And perhaps the monolith is a product of natural geological processes, and not of ancient extraterrestrial civilizations.

I mean, clearly Aldrin is trying to arouse the imagination of people to make them support space flights, because he seems to be one of us who think that the future of mankind is in the space. But if you think he's in danger of being silenced by TPTB for exposing yet another structure left in the Solar System by ancient civilizations, I think your imagination is a bit over aroused. I think we need more than rocks pointing out of astronomical objects for that.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by cnuum]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cnuum

When I say the powers that be, im mainly talking about the military and NASA. Im quite sure that the monolith is a natural formation (and I agree I could have made that more plain in my original post, and I apologize for that), but yet there have been many other photo's of very odd anomalies on the moon and Mars that are clearly not just rocks or tricks of light and shadow as they would have us believe.

Why does NASA constantly airbrush out sections of pictures of the moon and mars? Why don't they release the photos as they are received and untouched if there's nothing to hide?

How many astronauts and high ranking military figures have come out to say that "Yes there are aliens and structures that are being kept from you"? quite a lot. More than enough to say that "hey, something is going on and we are not being told the truth"

Yes Buzz is trying to endorse more space flights but he has on other interviews said plainly that aliens exist and that the knowledge is being kept from us just as Dr. Mitchell has. I didn't once say that he was in danger at all for speaking out, nor did I say that this structure he was talking about was created by an alien civilization. If you look above and re read the quote you posted of mine you will see that I only asked the question of how long TPTB will be able to keep the secrets from humanity.

Any discovery as far as I am concerned belongs to all of us as a human race and not just a select few for personal or military gains with the excuse of "National Security". We have the right to know the truth.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by QBSneak000]

[edit on 23-7-2009 by QBSneak000]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
EDITED out pictures, at least until this is all sorted out.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I agree with the poster who said he might've let out a top secret fact slip out that he immediately regretted and tried to cover up. With that said, I think this guy knows A LOT more than he's willing to admit.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Yes Buzz is trying to endorse more space flights but he has on other interviews said plainly that aliens exist and that the knowledge is being kept from us just as Dr. Mitchell has.

Source please. I haven't heard such a statement from Aldrin.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I meant to add IMO after that sorry. So no source as I admit he did NOT specifically endorse space flight and exploration.

He just seemed very excited about space travel and habitation on the moon, as I would be, talking about my job and things I have seen and done to get others excited to do what I do. Kind of like he might be if talking to a bunch of impressionable young students.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
In geological terminology the word structure means a natural formation. Aldrin, having been trained in geology as preparation for his Apollo mission, is using the word in that sense.

His statement "Who put that there?" is referring to those who would like to believe that it is an artificial construct. In saying "The universe put it there. If you chose, God put it there.", he is saying it's a natural formation, not a made thing.

He is in no way saying it is artificial.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join