It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon!!!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pathos
Even though Buzz's story is one of pure speculation, he does mistakenly make an interesting point about another issue. Our story of debate revolves around one of Mars' moons, and a possible monolith waiting to be examined. Let us look at this story in another way. 'What if' there was another civilization that existed in our solar system, but it was wiped out many millenia (sp?) ago? I'm not saying Buzz's story is factual,

Good grief... did you read ANY of this thread? How is what he says 'pure speculation'? The dang monolith is there. Nothing was said about aliens, man made alien made etc...

Just for once try to read will ya? And go look at the darn thing there are many photos of your 'possible monolith'

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
you are incorrect
a monolith is a man made conception of an object that is in owe of man
mono = one lith = neolithcal object made by man...

Sir Merriam Webster say...

Main Entry: mono·lith Listen to the pronunciation of monolith

Pronunciation: \ˈmä-nə-ˌlith\
Function:noun

Etymology:
French monolithe, from monolithe consisting of a single stone, from Latin monolithus, from Greek monolithos, from mon- + lithos stone
Date: 1844

1 : a single great stone often in the form of an obelisk or column
2 : a massive structure
3 : an organized whole that acts as a single unified powerful or influential force

www.merriam-webster.com...

Where does it say "mountain"?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Larryman
If NASA wants public attention again, they should use flying saucers.

Nah that would piss off to many people and backfire. What they need to do is bring that secret space plane out into the open...

Shoot the Fox reporter but LISTEN carefully to the NASA dude

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 25-7-2009 by zorgon]

Sorry, Zorgon... but I'm not impressed by the space-plane.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The Monolith of Callanish

The Rudston Monolith, Bridlington

By this definition the Devils Tower is NOT a monolith as it is made of many stones

In fact a search of images of Monoliths brings up mostly huge single stones carved by man... no matter how much the skeptics try to twist it to mean 'mountain'

Oslo Monolith

Egyptian Monolith

SINGLE STONE Not Mountain

I believe Sir Webster

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman
Sorry, Zorgon... but I'm not impressed by the space-plane.

Maybe but the public would be... they couldn't handle the leap to us having saucers when we keep putting astronauts at risk in that old rust bucket we call a shuttle

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Good grief... did you read ANY of this thread? How is what he says 'pure speculation'? The dang monolith is there. Nothing was said about aliens, man made alien made etc...

Just for once try to read will ya? And go look at the darn thing there are many photos of your 'possible monolith'

Its speculation due to the factor that it could just be a rock.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Its speculation due to the factor that it could just be a rock.

And where did Buzz imply anything else?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

I have hypothesized about two civilizations being in our system before. What isn't being said and being glossed over by the scientists for obvious reason is that if mars had water an atmosphere and still flowing water today (from pictures of blowouts that have happened around craters. And also evidence of dried up seas/oceans, then This planet at one time was a habitable planet in it's early history. And that would mean two planets within the life bearing range of the system may have been habitable. And if thats the case, why didn't life evolve on this planet as it did on earth. I believe it did.

Now here's the something about the 2 habitable planets having civilizations that may be the reason why they don't want to tell the true history of the planet.

1. Since we know that not all civilizations develop at the same speed, what if one planets civilization was alot more advance than the other one and either helped it to build structures and devices that where unheard of or came here and took over after some cataclysm on mars made it impossible for them to keep going on.

2. Where we one people but a solar system spanning civilization that met it's end by some cataclysm brought on us and we forgot our history (could have happened hundreds of thousands of years ago.

3. As we always hear about the reptilians and such, what if both civilizations/planets where at war with one another and one (lets say reptilian) and the other (lets say mammalian) fought each other for eons and we ended up in a nuclear war that destroyed civilizations on both planets and knock either both or one of us back enough to not remember what we where. (Believe it or not there are curious objects and oddities that have been found and can't be described that are extremely old, remember nuclear fallout doesn't last forever, especially in an active planetary biosphere).

knol.google.com...#

We are a people that don't remember our history, and it could be that the powers that be that have been able to put together enough don't want it known because whatever happened back epochs ago.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoghead cheese if mars had water an atmosphere and still flowing water today (from pictures of blowouts that have happened around craters. And also evidence of dried up seas/oceans,

Where do you think God got the water from when he flooded Earth?

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

The Monolith of Callanish

The Rudston Monolith, Bridlington

By this definition the Devils Tower is NOT a monolith as it is made of many stones

In fact a search of images of Monoliths brings up mostly huge single stones carved by man... no matter how much the skeptics try to twist it to mean 'mountain'

Oslo Monolith

Egyptian Monolith

SINGLE STONE Not Mountain

I believe Sir Webster

Hardly a comparison to an estimated 28 story "structure"

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Even though Buzz's story is one of pure speculation, he does mistakenly make an interesting point about another issue. Our story of debate revolves around one of Mars' moons, and a possible monolith waiting to be examined. Let us look at this story in another way. 'What if' there was another civilization that existed in our solar system, but it was wiped out many millenia (sp?) ago? I'm not saying Buzz's story is factual,

I hate it when I'm right.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Is he beginning to `lose it`? Maybe the pressure of answering all these questions over the years has got to him....

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well, if this monolith truly is an artificial structure as is being speculated, why the cover-up?

What if.......

The world's governments know that life once existed on Mars? What if they also suspect that life on Earth may have developed from Martian rock which came to Earth after an asteroid collision?

Well, if that was the case, then we would have definite scientific proof that the origin on life on earth did not come about in the way that organised religions have been claiming all these years. Religion would be exposed as nonsense - and over night, the governments would lose one of their main tools of population control.

Conclusion : what is in it for the government to tell us the truth?

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Waitingsolong
Is he beginning to `lose it`? Maybe the pressure of answering all these questions over the years has got to him....

OR he is toying with us

Thousands packed onto the aircraft carrier Hornet on Saturday to hear Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin describe his experience as the second man on the moon - a desolate place, he said, where the air was so thin he felt like a kangaroo as he bounced on the surface.

Buzz Aldrin says AIR on the Moon..(albeit he says thin)

"I'm gonna reveal a secret to you," he told reporters. "There's a monolith on (Mars' moon) Phobos. It's about 15 meters high. And aliens put it there before they came to Egypt to build the pyramids." Like a good comic, Aldrin, 79, kept a straight face...

This in front of thousands on the aircraft carrier Hornet Sat. July 26, 2009

SOURCE

Just gets better and better... I love that guy - Never A Straight Answer

Now where have I heard THAT before?

[edit on 28-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Buzz is a turd - and he obviously slipped up last week , and this is his effort to yet again COVER UP something we all have the right to know.

Screw you Buzz - you are a coward.

AT least Armstrong gives clues of the truth of what he knows. And I'm glad he walked on the Moon 1st - with the ego and false identity of 'hero' you cash in on if you'd have been the 1st on the Moon - we'd never hear the end of it. Liar!

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
watchZEITGEISTnow said,

"At least Armstrong gives clues of the truth of what he knows."

Really? That sounds interesting - I'd really like to hear more? What has he said?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Millions

I can agree with that, because as the solar system formed the outer planets would be first working it's way inward (cooling and coalescing of material etc.). So if Mars formed first before Earth, then It may have been possible for life to start first on Mars before Earth. And if so, they could have had a civilization for a long time. and something happened and they came here or colonized here etc. etc.. This is possible. The govt. and religious leaders and other countries don't want this to come out because of control. Why should people believe in the Christian/Judeo/Muslim faiths if they find out that life and our species came from somewhere else and/or our species and history has a longer and different historical text than what is being said today.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Actually what Buzz did was beautiful. If you tell a lie long enough and big enough people will believe it. Also what and where is the best place to hide something or an idea, RIGHT IN PLAIN SITE!!!! Now ask yourself, why would one of the Astronauts that went to the moon and walked on the moon just make up a story to muddy his career or make him look foolish. He could have easily said that he hopes or thinks or whatever life is on a planet, why make or say a specific thing that nobody knew about until he said it (some may know but many including me didn't know about the phobos monolith). It's because he's getting old and he's getting bolder and he's telling us information and we may not be paying attention.

He's not the only astronaut either who's been coming out. Remember 4 to 5 months ago Edgar Mitchell said their where aliens and it went viral on the internet and Youtube. Something is happening and it's reaching a climax. I truly think that the ones that wanted this kept secret are dying off and many of the ones that are left don't really care about the religious aspect but the continued control that has over us and also not wanting to share the technology and knowledge to the ones that don't know or know as much.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Millions

This is one:

edit to add Hoagland on Coast to coast Discussing Armstrong - very interesting:

[edit on 28-7-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hes definately making a reference to 2001: A Space Odyssey. Buzz and his fellow apollo era astronauts always joke about finding monoliths-- first on our moon and now Mar's moon-- and it should serve as a reminder that we may not be so alone and special in the universe.

But I think its just a rock with a funny shadow. Its very difficult to understand a planet unless you have gotten close or seen it first hand.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join