It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon!!!

page: 13
112
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka
 


My GOD, how to take something out of Context and try to make into
something it's not.

Problem is, when people hear the word "Monolith" they immediately
start thinking of the Movie 2001 and ancient Alien beings that created
them.

But the meaning of Monolith is
a geological feature such as a mountain, consisting of a single massive stone or rock, "OR" a single piece of rock placed as, "OR" within, a monument. Erosion usually exposes the geological formations, which are most often made of very hard and solid metamorphic or igneous rock.




posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al
 


you are incorrect
a monolith is a man made conception of an object that is in owe of man

mono = one lith = neolithcal object made by man...

or of some unkown orgign that replicates our own being "a oblong is a shape".

from order comes chaos



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by symmetricAvenger
you are incorrect
a monolith is a man made conception of an object that is in owe of man

mono = one lith = neolithcal object made by man...

No, you are incorrect.

Mono = one
Lith = rock
Neo = new
Paleo = old

Neolithic uses the same word (lith) to represent the new (neo) rock age, as opposed to the old (paleo) rock age, paleolithic.



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Buzz said theres a Monolith on one of Mars Moons. Why not take the man's word for it? Why would he lie?

In my opinion when he said Monolith, he means the same kind of Monolith that was in the 2001 movie, obviously not the exact one..but something like it. Buzz was talking on National TV..to the American public..and when you say monolith thats what people are going to think of. He's not going to say something in a statement that people are not going to understand.

I think it would be intresting to see what Dr.Ed Mitchell thinks of Buzz coments.

Just my opinion!

Tsom87



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87
 

The "monolith" has been known about for years. Aldrin did not reveal anything. If you review the thread you will not only see pictures of it, you will find out for how long it has been discussed.


[edit on 7/25/2009 by Phage]



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 


Are you saying the Monolith on Mars moon has been known for years?

2ndline

Tsom87



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87
 

Yes.
Are you saying you didn't view the thread?



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage
 


No i haven't read through the whole thread, i wouldn't have asked you that question if i had.

I never knew anything about a Monolith on Mars and am sure the majority of people watching C-SPAN never knew anything about it. So i think you can say he did reveal something!


Tsom87



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87
 

That's kind of the point of what he's saying. People are out of touch. People are not paying attention to what's happening in space exploration. There is a lot going on that people are unaware of and it's not because it's a secret. It's because most people don't care about a big rock on a moon of Mars.

Here's one link for starters.
www.vgl.org...




[edit on 7/25/2009 by Phage]



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I think in order to get peoples attention on space exploration, the people doing the space exploration are needing to excite the public. Sending a probe around the Moon, Mars or Venus ect is not going to excite the general public. What did NASA do in the 60s that got the worlds attention? They sent people to the moon. Thats what the public want...do that and thats when they will get the attention of the world.

Tsom87



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87
 

Now you're catching on to what Aldrin is saying. Only he doesn't want the Moon. Leave that to other nations. He wants Mars.
www.c-span.org...

[edit on 7/25/2009 by Phage]



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
That's kind of the point of what he's saying. People are out of touch. People are not paying attention to what's happening in space exploration.


People not paying attention.... kinda like your conversation with TSOM87, isn't it? All those 'secrets' hidden in plain site.... people tripping over it but until you grab their head and rub their noses into it they still don't see it... then the light comes on and its
never knew this....

Its a good thing we have ATS and a few of us with nothing better to do than repeat it over and over in endless threads


Oh wait... maybe time would be better spent raising funds to visit Russia or Egypt and do some real research




posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon
 


If NASA wants public attention again, they should use flying saucers.



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by TSOM87
 

Now you're catching on to what Aldrin is saying. Only he doesn't want the Moon. Leave that to other nations. He wants Mars.
www.c-span.org...

[edit on 7/25/2009 by Phage]


I allready knew what Aldrins point was lol..it was the Monolith on Mars moon i never knew about.

Tsom87



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by HunkaHunka
 


My GOD, how to take something out of Context and try to make into
something it's not.

Problem is, when people hear the word "Monolith" they immediately
start thinking of the Movie 2001 and ancient Alien beings that created
them.

But the meaning of Monolith is
a geological feature such as a mountain, consisting of a single massive stone or rock, "OR" a single piece of rock placed as, "OR" within, a monument. Erosion usually exposes the geological formations, which are most often made of very hard and solid metamorphic or igneous rock.




Yeah I think I noted all of that in my OP. ;-)



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
There are dozens of natural monoliths all over the Earth so why couldn't there be one on the moon of Mars?



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
When the Monolith emits radio signals... then it will become interesting to investigate. Until then... it's just another boring rock.



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by TSOM87
 

That's kind of the point of what he's saying. People are out of touch. People are not paying attention to what's happening in space exploration. There is a lot going on that people are unaware of and it's not because it's a secret. It's because most people don't care about a big rock on a moon of Mars.

Here's one link for starters.
www.vgl.org...






[edit on 7/25/2009 by Phage]


Thanks for that link, Phage. The structure (monolith) is estimated at 28 stories high!!! WOW

[edit on 7/25/09 by StonyJ]



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman
If NASA wants public attention again, they should use flying saucers.


Nah that would piss off to many people and backfire. What they need to do is bring that secret space plane out into the open...



Shoot the Fox reporter but LISTEN carefully to the NASA dude

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 25-7-2009 by zorgon]



posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Even though Buzz's story is one of pure speculation, he does mistakenly make an interesting point about another issue. Our story of debate revolves around one of Mars' moons, and a possible monolith waiting to be examined. Let us look at this story in another way. 'What if' there was another civilization that existed in our solar system, but it was wiped out many millenia (sp?) ago? I'm not saying Buzz's story is factual, but it does present a certain logic. If the human species were to be wiped out today, the equipment we left on the moon would still be there. We could easily be wiped out by global warming, but our moon artifacts would stay in tact. Since there is no air or weather on the moon, our vehicles would be preserved for decades. Some alien species comes strolling around, and they bump into these weird looking items.

If you think about some of the world's older civilizations, several of them contain hammer and chisel pictographs. There would be no electronic transmission from these pieces. Someone would have to physically be in front of an artifact to know there is writing. As we assimilate new technologies, that does not mean our new equipment is universally compatible. Intelligent societies would know the advantages of using stone pillars. Once they are placed on a airless and weather less moon, those pillars would stand for an indefinite period of time.

Buzz does open up another possibility. After looking at several images of Mars' surface, I could have sworn I saw remnants of a civilization. Who knows if my perception is true, but it would be worth further examination.

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Pathos]

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Pathos]



new topics

top topics



 
112
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

log in

join