It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online Poll: Jon Stewart Is America's Most Trusted Newsman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I usually watch both shows and i think it is pretty fair to say he goes after republicans way more than democrats...

I think both shows are hilarious, but it should be taken with a grain of salt in my mind...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Although both Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are on the Left, that doesn't prevent them from calling a spade a spade and pointing out the obvious and having fun at any politician's expense regardless of what side of the fence their on. Both rip apart Democrats as often as they rip apart Republicans. The 8 years prior, I suppose Republicans got the majority of the flak, if you consider the Dick & George team to be Republican. They are about as non-partisan as they can be (well, Colbert more so than Stewart). I think the main difference is that Republicans don't quite get the jokes to find it entertaining...and let's be honest, without the satirical humor, neither are very informative as far as being one's only news source.

Satirical Commentary on the News =/= Reporting the News

However, they both don't shy away from the Truth, and they don't hold any punches. If you want Entertainment + Truthful Insight into the News then they are definitely the ones to go to...but if you expect to hear the news, all the news, and just the news, then you really do need to find another source.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
reply to post by thenothingorchid

Stewart rips on Obama all the time. Just because the "Republicans" give him more to work with doesn't mean it's propaganda. Jesus Christ, it was only six months ago that people were calling Republicans the devil.

No, not really. He might pic fun at Obama, but thats different than attacking policies or belittling political positions. Stewart is nothing more than an attack dog for the DNC.

Name one single Democrat/Obama policy that Stewart attacks.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Wimbly]

Don't respond to me if you aren't living on the same planet that I am. Go watch a bunch of Daily Show episodes on Hulu if you're looking for specific instances. I can say with certainty that Jon rips into the elites all the time. Just because he's gotten eight years worth of material from the "Republicans" doesn't mean he's going soft on the "Democrats". He's made plenty of jokes in the vein of showing everyone that it doesn't matter what party these people belong to...They are all working for themselves, not you.

And maybe that's what you should be focusing on....Not the partisan game of so-called American Politics. It's all fake, dude. There's a few good apples out there, but they are fighting an unwinnable war because the majority of people still don't realize that Republicans and Democrats are the same thing once money is involved and the doors are shut behind them.

WAKE UP.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
What he goes after is stupidity and ignorance...
[edit on 23-7-2009 by HunkaHunka]

Which is why it seems like he goes after the Republicans more.

They just can't help themselves...they open their mouths and give him material.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by grover]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join