It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Met With Major Healthcare Players Within Weeks Prior to Inauguration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Obama Met With Major Healthcare Players Within Weeks Prior to Inauguration

www.google.com

WASHINGTON — Administration officials began talking privately to major players in the health care industry within a few weeks of President Barack Obama's inauguration, a newly released list of White House visitors shows.

Obama on Wednesday night released the list of visits by health care executives after a government watchdog group, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, announced it planned to sue to try to get White House visitor logs. Only names and dates were released, not...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.democraticunderground.com[ /url]

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread484491/pg1]Shock: Inside the Obama Healthcare Bill

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
So, Whitehouse visitors list is finally released. It only took an impending lawsuit to bring it out to the public, and we dont even get the whole thing.

To me it sounds like Obama has been sitting on this health care plan for a long time. If he was meeting with major players in the health care industry as early as before his presidency, he obviously needed to pull some strings behind the scene before anyone would accept his outrageous proposals.

Having read the thread about whats really in the bill, I find it amazing that nobody has made the connection between this bills unrelenting attention from the president and the shady content it contains.

I smell a conspiracy, and it doesn't smell good.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This is what led up to it, only yesterday. Quick action by the whitehouse if you ask me.

Reporting from Washington -- Invoking an argument used by President George W. Bush, the Obama administration has turned down a request from a watchdog group for a list of health industry executives who have visited the White House to discuss the massive healthcare overhaul.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington sent a letter to the Secret Service asking about visits from 18 executives representing health insurers, drug makers, doctors and other players in the debate. The group wants the material in order to gauge the influence of those executives in crafting a new healthcare policy.

The Secret Service sent a reply stating that documents revealing the frequency of such visits were considered presidential records exempt from public disclosure laws. The agency also said it was advised by the Justice Department that the Secret Service was within its rights to withhold the information because of the "presidential communications privilege."

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
All of this has been well staged and planned out for years..........Everyone should fear if TPTB don't get this bill passed............"False Flag"

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'm with you.

I wonder what the pay off is? I have a feeling the people that he met with when their companies finally go under they will be offered top positions in the government.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Evidently, the issue of 'presidential communication privilege' will require a grass-roots push to resolve.

The body politic is reluctant to allow the citizens to scrutinize their activities, and frankly, that alone is reason enough to scrutinize them. They are the promoters of the paradigm of American's actually believing that them knowing what their representatives and elected public officials actually do is somehow contrary to the public welfare.

They claim is 'chills' the efforts to conduct the nations business.

I say, it SHOULD be chilled. These guys (meaning the business men who want to rule the word and their cronies) actually have gotten away with murder, theft, and fraud (at the very least metaphorically speaking) and they want that freedom. I want to say, they actually believe they have a right to that privacy. A privacy which they deny us as a right at almost every turn.

As soon as we begin to realize that the problem is the political component - not the people - we will begin to be able to reconstruct a framework of conduct for them that doesn't include preying on the weaknesses in the system and secretly rewriting the law to accommodate their personal agendas.

These people, including the Executive Branch, must come into the 21st Century with the rest of us. They are still living in the 'fat cat' days of the 60's and 70's when they became the bloated ineffectual make-believe servants they are today.

I say, public service = relinquishing the privilege of operating in secrecy to maintain their choke hold on the American political landscape.

This must end. The 'political' secrecy must end. Who they negotiate and plan and trade with ARE ultimately a threat to the REAL national security, the security of the American people to be free from conspiracy and collusion, commerce-driven exploitation, and most importantly free to pursue life, liberty, and happiness without their obstructionist bloated bureaucratic machinations to 'control' those they have NO right to control.

If you don't believe that this 'Presidential Communication Privilege' is a threat; I suggest you have not sufficiently examined the history of the Energy conspiracy which began before World War II. The Bush wars were about energy, nothing more, nothing less. Everything else was incidental and political intrigue - and it's the political intrigue that the media fixes on. Which is why everyone always seems so shocked when they realize the truth.

Sorry... didn't mean to engage in soap-box ranting....

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
All of this has been well staged and planned out for years..........Everyone should fear if TPTB don't get this bill passed............"False Flag"

Wasn't there a report that bin ladens son was just killed in a US attack yesterday?

If so what a convienent base for a terrorist attack to be built off of. Revenge.

Stage 1 complete.

new topics

top topics

join