It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu: 100,000 New Cases Reported

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Another mistake caused by those imbiciles who call themselves our government. Such a shame our once great nation is now ruled by spineless thieves.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure I had swine flu. It was the worst flu I've had in my life, the congestive symptoms lasted for 4 days followed by a week of gastrointestinal symptoms. The fever died out a few days into the GI stuff, but I've never been that sick in my entire life. I've never taken more than 2 consecutive days off work for a flu, and I was off for an entire week. A week later and I'm still not completely recovered.

I went to the doctor a couple of times and asked once if it could be swine flu, he said it's possible, and that swine flu does have a GI component, but it's so widespread in Sydney at the moment that they don't bother testing for it anymore.

I believe the number of deaths in young people are largely due to cytokine storm, where a healthy body's immune system detects a virulent infection and overreacts, flooding the organs and in particular the lungs.

But I do think swine flu is something to be wary of, and I do think it has the capability to affect the already struggling economy. Many people have been off work for up to a week, and I probably would've been off longer if I was able or if I thought I was still contagious.

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

and I'm pretty sure everyone's dying to know"pardon pun"
did you use the anti viral "Tami flu" i would glad to here your opinion or from your colleges/family.. cheers

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
What you need to realise is that it is 100,000 diagnosed with the flu,over the phone and also by their doctors who are NOT taking swabs.My daughter was diagnosed over the phone last week.Mainly because it was in the school next door to hers and that she had diarrhea with it.She was prescribed tamiflu and was allot better in a matter of few hours.Did she have swine flu?who knows because now they are not testing anymore nobody can be certain it is not just one of the many other regular flu virus doing the rounds.Also they were discussing this on radio two news and it was said by a doctor that he thought there were probably only one true case for every ten cases that are now being diagnosed.Now watch the cases in the UK treble now that you can go online to present your symptoms and then get hold of tamiflu.

Exactly! The figure of 100,000 will be from those calls logged to the advice/prescription line by anyone stating they have a runny nose, itchy eyes, sorethroat..all those symptoms couldjust as easily be caused by a current seasonal anomaly...hayfever

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by isa75
Could it be worse in the England because they are having their winters now? Because didnt they say we will the Swine Flu back this winter and it will be worse? When all this came out they saidn the swine flu wasnt that bad. So is the swine flu bad or not, is it worse than the regular flu. Is it killing more younger kids under 14 than the regular flu would during flu season?

It's the middle of summer in England.

It seems to be getting more and more confusing as to what is real and what is just propoganda.

I've asked in a couple of other threads if anyone has any unofficial news sources in Mexico - blogs, twitters, etc? It started in Mexico yet we don't hear news of how it's affecting people there now which I find quite strange considering we had numbers and footage all over the news, in the beginning. Have their hospitals coped? Are large numbers off work and how is that affecting every day life there?

It doesn't seem to be spreading there as fast as other countries are reporting, in their countries, but why has it tailed off there?

I really don't know about the British numbers and how over stated they might be because my nephew (18 months old) has been very poorly with a very bad cold, sore throat, fever and painful ear. His doctor has diagnosed a bacterial ear infection and given antibiotics - no offer of Tamiflu or worries that it could be swine flu. His mum works as carer for the elderly and none of the homes she's visited have anyone with flu symptoms. The doctor has told her she can continue to go to work even though my nephew is really poorly - surely, if there's a chance this could be swine flu then there's a high risk of her spreading it to the elderly people she cares for?

I'm as confused as ever!!

<< 1  2  3   >>

join