It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu: 100,000 New Cases Reported

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I am reading the Sky news website right now, the article is referring to England not the whole UK:

One hundred thousand new cases of swine flu have been recorded in the last seven days.

The figure for England is double the total of the previous week.

Some 840 people are described as being "seriously ill" in hospital with the illness - and 63 people are being treated in intensive care.

The shocking new figures come as the National Pandemic Flu Service opened across England, allowing people who think they have the H1N1 virus to bypass the NHS to obtain antiviral drugs.

The article does not sayanything with regards to the rest of the UK.

As I commented before, the worst seemingly is over in Scotland, according to a professor from Aberdeen University. I willnot give crediability since I dont know him

So not jumpin on me oks

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Well the newsreader on skynews just said the UK so i'm only going by what she has said

Edit to add...... would only jump on you if you asked me to

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

The she is misrepresenting the Numbers and location of where the 100 000 cases are, typical of sky news new presenters

As for your last comment, erm all ready spoken for sorry

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
When they say UK do they include the falklands and gibraltor, thats the UK aswell you know!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

No it is not, they are terrotries of the UK, such a Colonies etc

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Acidtastic

And yet, the biggest victims of Swine Flu are the youth and adolescent. Seasonal flu is lethal among the elderly.

Of course, researching these basic facts is difficult for the paranoid
I know, becasue not trusting the goverment, or the media, and thinking that they have some kind of agenda to push, is like, completly whacko paranoia. Well, it's that or just lap up everything they tell us, and not question anything. But, they'd like that a little bit too much. And thusly, i will make it my personal battle, to make it as hard for them as I can.

I got over my paranoia 10 years ago, now i just use my head to view the world around me.There are no dark shadows following me around anymore
And it's blatently obvious to anyone who doesn't blindly follow those in charge, that something is very,very wrong indeed.

[edit on 23/7/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Ok..... but if that is you in the photo i just want to say 'WOW' you are a beaut!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Laurauk

Ok..... but if that is you in the photo i just want to say 'WOW' you are a beaut!!!

Off course it is not me I will message you lol. The image is Christina Aguleria. She is one of my favourite artists! Ahem stay on topic, you will land us in trouble with the MODS

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
At what point will they shut down travel to and from UK? 1 million infected?

UK is only a small island with large amounts of people. Next week we could see easily over 200,000 infected.

BBC Link
Flu infects 100,000 in past week

The number of new cases of swine flu in the past week has reached an estimated 100,000 and is mainly affecting the under 14s, the government says.

The figure for England is double the total of the previous week and comes as the Department of Health prepares to launch the National Flu Service.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

bloody hell christina aguilera..... i should have seen that.... i voted her the best looking out the female singers!!! How i didn't see that?

She looks damn hot with dark hair!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

That's what i said... could be 200,000 by next weekend!!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

Dont you know, we inthe UK like sharing everything with the world.

Plus it would be economically disastarous for the UK in restrictions are put inplace.

The Government will wait until it is too late once again before any restrictions come into force.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'm pubbing and clubbing it up in London this weekend.

Anyone want to put odds on me getting swine flu?

I say 10/2 that I don't.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
And thusly, i will make it my personal battle, to make it as hard for them as I can.

Well, you fight the power brother

While your are fighting them, be sure to take a much need break and research the history of pandemics. Humanity faces a significant flu pandemic on the basis of 40 - 60 years. Being nonchalant to historical events, especially surrounding medicine, is unwise - even if Alex Jones and David Icke beg of you.

These venal avatars of greed, power, destruction and outlandish brutality can be quite honest sometimes. Might be worthwhile pay attention. Just this once.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Are ya'll taking your vitamin C pills?

No, seriously, are ya'll taking your vitamin C?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The desperate and false male bravado trying to impress a gentle female. Always quite amusing to watch

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

These venal avatars of greed, power, destruction and outlandish brutality can be quite honest sometimes. Might be worthwhile pay attention. Just this once.
*thrusts fingers in ears* lalalalala I'm not listening

Never. Nope. Not in a million years. It's not going to happen. Not on my watch govener. No way. Nein. Non. And a gazillion other ways of saying Get tee f...

I live my life with 3 simple rules
Never listen to the goverment
And
Never listen to the media.
And
Think for yourself. No matter what conclusions you come to. (whilst this may not be ideeal, it don't 'alf make life that little bit more fun)

[edit on 23/7/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaxium
reply to post by Laurauk

Are ya'll taking your vitamin C pills?

No, seriously, are ya'll taking your vitamin C?

I was sick with something a few weeks back (American Southwest). My head felt like I had been hit with a flat board and I couldn't speak. Don't know what it was.

Took oil of oregano 5 drops in half a glass of water 5x a day for a day and a half. Then I took some licorice root to help me sleep. When I got up it was gone.------

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
reply to post by Acidtastic

Its not about deaths, its about people off work, crippling the economy even worse, 1 in 3 people to get sick, who will work in food stores? Petrol stations? The people with serious diseases in hospitals, 800+ extra beds will be needed. Wheres the space.

Exactly right - forget how many deaths just for a minute and concentrate on how contagious the flu is and how many people are going to be off sick, at any one time and the effect it will have.

It's fantastic that so far this flu doesn't appear to be killing many but it's really not good news about how many people will be infected and off sick. Even if people get a mild dose of this they will be off work and too many people all off at the same time isn't something I'm looking forwards to because it will probably include health care workers, police, prison wardens and other key industries.

Example: Lets say a transport company that delivers to a large supermarket chain has 300 delivery drivers and 100 are all off sick at the same time - which 100 deliveries will they cut back on?

We can use the same example for nurses and doctors - if 100 per 300 are off sick at the same time then who won't get their care?

Even courier companies having 1 in 3 off work will have a serious affect on business, especially small ones like mine. Police, Judges, people on jury service, lawyers, water/sewage company workers, electrical power tation workers, etc, etc, etc...... (actually I think I saw on last night's BBC or Sky about a town in the UK that hasn't had power for 3 days, so far - coincidence? Power isn't usually out for that long!)

Apply the 100 off sick per 300 people in any industry and just think of the implications of it regardless of how many are actually dying from this flu. Now that is truly frightening!

Mind you, it might remind all the top fat cats that they really do rely on their workers just as much as their workers rely on them for a job. Small consolation though.

Edit to add that I forgot to say that the usual flu numbers aren't relevant to the amount of people off sick with this new flu because the usual seasonal flu mainly affects those over 65 that have probably retired anyway so their illness wouldn't affect industries.

At the moment it really isn't about deaths it's about how many people will be sick and not able to do their jobs and the consequences of that.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Maya00a]

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Maya00a]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

Ahem I take my vitamins every mornng I will have you know
, also Iron tablets, is enemic.... So mY GP Tells me after some Blood Tests!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join