It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ/NY Mayors and Rabbis arrested for money laundering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

About 30 people -- including some New Jersey mayors and several rabbis -- were arrested Thursday in a federal investigation of public corruption

wonder what this gonna lead to... who r the rabbis? where was the money going? how much money was it? whats the story here...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
THis is what I found from cnn.com

The probe also involves a "high-volume, international money-laundering conspiracy," according to a statement from the office.

Among those arrested in the public corruption portion of the investigation are Hoboken Mayor Peter Cammarano III, Secaucus Mayor Dennis Elwell, New Jersey Assemblyman Daniel Van Pelt and Leona Beldini, a Jersey City deputy mayor.

Several rabbis in New York and New Jersey also were arrested in connection with the money-laundering portion of the investigation.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

A rabbi is

the chief religious official of a synagogue, trained usually in a theological seminary and duly ordained, who delivers the sermon at a religious service and performs ritualistic, pastoral, educational, and other functions in and related to his or her capacity as a spiritual leader of Judaism and the Jewish community.

dictionary.reference.com...

Funny story

I was browsing youtube for videos about drug busts and got sidetracked by videos showing piles of money. One of these videos showed a guy driving his car counting fat wads of cash, I checked his profile and he had a couple of these videos. One of the other videos he posted was of himself in a circle with other rabbi's doing a chant. I found this very strange.

I can't find the videos but anyways, what kind of rabbi walks around with huge wads of cash?

new topics

join