It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pilot who spotted mile wide UFOs goes on TV

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

if why on earth would you need a mile wide UFO in atmosphere?

Why do you ask questions that can't be answered by humans?

Is it common sense to ask a dog why he sleeps all the time?

Wouldn't it be more logical to ask questions that can be answered?

As for the pilots, why would they fake it?

I think you are trying too hard to debunk this.

As for the pilots:
They should take their cameras all the time just in case this thing happens again, that way we can see what it is and it will prove their sightings.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by danielsil18]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symetra
reply to post by reject

Deeeeeeebunked!

Ok, you can easily see a jet from 4000 feet, and at another 50 higher, a 1 mile long UFO can't be seen from the ground too???????

Watching the video really helps as that question has been answered

Let me help you out a bit : en.wikipedia.org...

Also besides that particular case , try and watch a plane at 4000 feet when the sky is clouded and let me know how it goes for you

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Im not saying hes lying or anything but he is only estimating the size of the object from a distance. I doubt it was as big as he said even if it looked that way.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

While I certainly agree with the premise that pilots are "people too" and subject to all the frailties being human entails... I disagree that they are not, as a group, better observers of phenomena in the sky/airways.

Having spoken at length with Dr. Richard Haines of NARCAP, www.narcap.org, and participated in NARCAP's report on the O'Hare incident of November, 2006 I got a very good education on exactly why pilots are excellent observers.

The obvious points are they have a greater understanding of the physics of flight than the average person and they spend a helluva allot of time looking at, well, the sky from an ideal vantage point.

As this pilot states he has seen many clouds in his day and he includes lenticulars in that collection.

I have also known, personally three pilots, one of whom started out as a USAF Fighter Pilot and now has the "big seat" on the DFW - London route for the largest airline on the planet, is my former Brother-in-Law.

When asked about this phenomenon he has consistently said nothing and only raised his eye brows in a very emotive fashion. When pressed on the issue, he flatly states that "after reporting your first 'UFO', you'll never report another one".

This appears to be common theme among many pilots per NARCAP. The $64,000.00 question in my mind is why the pilot community has been swayed to ignore things that are in controlled airspace out of fear of ridicule?

The $10.00 answer, in my opinion, is part of what "IgnoreTheFacts" states and part control by the powers who are charged with national security.

The "woo woo" factor has made a very easy playing field for the military to cover up their latest toys. Looking at the MSM treatment of the subject over the past 50 odd years, it is obvious it's worked beautifully.

That's all well and good and explains almost all of the sightings recorded, almost all.

It's the sightings, by pilots, and other "credible witnesses", of things that simply can't happen in an atmosphere because of friction and materials/propulsion technology that have kept me interested in this field all these years.

Perfectly said - couldn't agree more!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

It can be a bit bigger as well, can’t be? Let's assume that guy has some experience in air (which I don't) and if he is telling "it's big" I would trust him, of course if we believe that he really saw an UFO (or weather balloon).

Let's for a moment focus on pilot, what would be his motive in making all this up?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
The only problem I have with this (well, not the only problem, common sense, reason and logic dictate about 10 things off hand that need to be considered) if why on earth would you need a mile wide UFO in atmosphere?

Look at it this way, we have crappy optics that can read the license plate or see the pattern on a golf ball from orbit. You would figure that any advanced race (and yes, they would have to be very advanced to keep a mile wide UFO aloft in our atmosphere) would be able to make much better observations from orbit (or even from farther distances within our solar system) without the need to have the risk of atmospheric flight. Even if they need to collect physical samples, why risk the mothership? Surley they are advanced enough to send out smaller drones or piloted "away teams" that can handle the scientific observations and collections at a substantially reduced risk.

What makes you think that this would have to be the mother-ship?

Another question that may be even scarier to think of is what if this was a scout ship.

Imagine what the size of the mother-ship would be.

There are many, many other reasons why I think anything related to a "mile wide ufo" is complete poppycock. Sure, some will come back telling me that how can I possibly assume the motivations and thought processes of an alien race, bla, bla. But I choose to believe that logic, reason and common sense are universal in nature, and a biological imperative to advance to the level of an intergalactic spare faring species.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

So wait wait wait , so who in Your opinion would be a credible witness
I mean , we have a pilot that has flown thousands of hours in a plane (how many hours have You flown?) , he has seen all kinds of clouds , reflections , balloons , Chinese lanterns , you name it ... And he says that this thing is something new .. Also I think a pilot can at least tell with a degree of certainty how big something is in the air from their perspective (as opposed to an ordinary human being , including You , unless you are a trained pilot in which case I apologize )

Then we have another pilot who has seen the same thing (I know, they have conspired together ...umm just to what end
I mean the only thing they can gain from that is ridicule) .. But wait there is more ..

We have the passengers that saw the same thing (also part of the conspiracy I presume ?) which I admit might be as clueless as You when it comes to interpreting what they have seen (because they are not pilots and are not trained and used to seeing stuff in air) so we can disregard or at least look at their testimony with a pinch of salt ...

So let me try this "logic of yours then" ..

1.) We have 2 commercial pilots +passengers that are saying they saw something that cant be explained for now with a normal explanation (ie Clouds , swamp gas , balloon , CGI , photo fake...etc)

2.) We have a conspiracy of 2 pilots and the passengers conspiring together to fake a UFO sighting in order ... Umm yea in order to accomplish exactly what ?

I dont know but "my" logic pushes me towards no. 1 , but I guess Your logic is different ..

I could pinch in the oh so loved ockham razor but ehhh.. why bother

Edit : There was also something about a radar blip , but why bother right
?

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Thill]

good post .... there is nothing to discuss

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm so glad this video has been posted. I live in the Channel Islands in Jersey which is the island next door to Guernsey; I can see it looking out my window. I've seen some strange things looking up at night sky from here, one I even posted once and got quite a bit of slack from. We are small little islands in the middle of no where...what better a place to hover and observe us? There was a really strange lightening event one night which lasted for hours, and I phoned up the met office the next day to ask about it and they said there had been no lightening that night! What the hell was it????

I'll say one thing...I'm watching the stars most nights because myself and far too many people have had way to many sightings for something to not be out there!

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
My problem with this UFO sighting is the guy admits the object was about 50 miles away. 50 MILES. For him (or the passengers) to claim that's a close enough distance to make any conclusive observations about this object other than it being a unique lenticular cloud formation is irresponsible.

Don't get me wrong, I believe they saw something, but the pilot admitted that the "UFO" didn't move during that 12 minutes. Well, that certainly sounds like a cloud to me. We've all seen clouds lit up by the sun in strange ways at least few times in our lives.

My question to the pilot: What can you put into clear language, that you observed about the object, that RULES OUT COMPLETELY this was anything other than a cloud formation?

Conversely: What can you put into clear language, that you observed about the object, that COMPLETELY DISTINGUISHES said object from any possible cloud formation?

Did he see anything about it that absolutely couldn't have been done by a cloud under the right lighting conditions?

Nothing he has reported thus far seems to justify calling it a UFO.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and nothing about this story sounds extraordinary at all.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritoftheNightSky

There are many, many other reasons why I think anything related to a
"mile wide ufo" is complete poppycock.

did you even watch the video?he not once said anything about it being a mile wide.if your going to try and debunk something you should check all the evidence first and then reply.but obviously you already have your mind made up so even if a ufo landed in your front yard you would probally chalk it up as swamp gas or a chinese lattern that fell in your yard.there will come a time when humanity will know for a fact that we are not alone in this universe.open your mind a little bit,there is a whole other world your missing out on.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Don't get me wrong, I believe they saw something, but the pilot admitted that the "UFO" didn't move during that 12 minutes. Well, that certainly sounds like a cloud to me. We've all seen clouds lit up by the sun in strange ways at least few times in our lives.

i dont know about you but i have NEVER seen a cloud stay in one place for 12 minutes.with the jet stream and winds coming off the ocean clouds are blown in the direction of the wind so for something to stay in one spot for 12 minutes in the atmosphere it would have to have some kind of stabilizers.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by vietifulJoe

I dont think hes making it up because other people saw it as well. All im saying is that because he didnt get up close to it he was only guessing at the size or even what it was. This is like a lot of the sitings these days they are only UFO's because they were not close enough to tell what it realy was. This is why they are hardly any credible close up sitings, when people get closer they realise its not something from another world.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
reply to post by vietifulJoe

I dont think hes making it up because other people saw it as well. All im saying is that because he didnt get up close to it he was only guessing at the size or even what it was. This is like a lot of the sitings these days they are only UFO's because they were not close enough to tell what it realy was. This is why they are hardly any credible close up sitings, when people get closer they realise its not something from another world.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsoobvious
i dont know about you but i have NEVER seen a cloud stay in one place for 12 minutes.with the jet stream and winds coming off the ocean clouds are blown in the direction of the wind so for something to stay in one spot for 12 minutes in the atmosphere it would have to have some kind of stabilizers.

*AHEM* Lenticular clouds are stationary lens-shaped clouds. Sitting still is what they do.

Also, when was the last time you watched a lenticular cloud from over 50 miles away for 12 minutes???

The clouds you are used to watching are 1 to 20 miles at best and are more than likely NOT lenticular (stationary) clouds.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

so at what height do these clouds form?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have read reports from other people who sighted this and it wasn't just the pilot. It was another pilot in addition to the passengers....some of whom took pictures which I have been unable to locate. I have been on over 30 flights this year between jersey and England and have definitely seen a few things that aren't clouds or Chinese lanterns or reflections on the window or air mirages from heat exhausts or...whatever....why are people so sceptical to believe something that so many people have seen, when billions of people believe in God and Jesus and there is barely a shred of evidence!!!! People don't criticize the pope when he says he had a vision of God. Please, give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
A few pilots saw this large craft,but radar couldnt get a lock on

It might not have been an optical illusion either as one of the pilots saw the same object again later to the west of the original sighting on route to Alderney flying at an even greater height.

I am sure I heard stories in the local press about other people seeing big ufos near the southampton area prior to this

Looks like a promising encounter,always good when a pilot speaks out and other pilots saw the same object

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Originally posted by notsoobvious

*AHEM* Lenticular clouds are stationary lens-shaped clouds. Sitting still is what they do.

Also, when was the last time you watched a lenticular cloud from over 50 miles away for 12 minutes???

The clouds you are used to watching are 1 to 20 miles at best and are more than likely NOT lenticular (stationary) clouds.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by harrytuttle]

Since when did lenticular clouds give radar confirmation at two seperate airfields?
The pilot also states that he has seen lenticular clouds many times and is certain that they are not what they were seeing.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
UFOs are Demons and Fallen Angels!!!

Why do you think they are being seen in such large number now?

Why have they been just hanging around for thousands of years?

Why are they always not so nice to the abducted?

I suppose its just a coincident that they communicate mentally, They get in your head. Posses you!!

Why are they appearing to be balls of light so often now?

God told you that he cast them down on earth from heaven so why do you not believe him?

Don't be in such a rush to have discloser because the whole UFO thing is the devils way of distracting you from the fact that we are being invaded by Demonic forces. Discloser will mean that the Anti-Christ is moving to end YOU all.

The government does not want you to know what they really are and thats the only reason we have had so much secrecy from them.

You all have been fooled.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The only problem I have with this (well, not the only problem, common sense, reason and logic dictate about 10 things off hand that need to be considered) if why on earth would you need a mile wide UFO in atmosphere?

Look at it this way, we have crappy optics that can read the license plate or see the pattern on a golf ball from orbit. You would figure that any advanced race (and yes, they would have to be very advanced to keep a mile wide UFO aloft in our atmosphere) would be able to make much better observations from orbit (or even from farther distances within our solar system) without the need to have the risk of atmospheric flight. Even if they need to collect physical samples, why risk the mothership? Surley they are advanced enough to send out smaller drones or piloted "away teams" that can handle the scientific observations and collections at a substantially reduced risk.

There are many, many other reasons why I think anything related to a "mile wide ufo" is complete poppycock. Sure, some will come back telling me that how can I possibly assume the motivations and thought processes of an alien race, bla, bla. But I choose to believe that logic, reason and common sense are universal in nature, and a biological imperative to advance to the level of an intergalactic spare faring species.

Hmmm...well, yes. Your intellect seems to far exceed the experience of a decorated pilot who is a veteran to the skies. I guess there could never, ever be the existence of a mile wide UFO because you have figured out that its just far too unconventional. Maybe, with all of your experience, you can get hired to assist the FAA and give psychological exams to the thousands of pilots, both military and commercial, who have seem to have fallen under a grand illusion, which you cleverly exposed, and can help them illuminate the source of their delusions.

Thank GOD people like you exist, because without your INSIDE THE BOX THINKING, we would all go mad with these silly possibilities. Oh, and I especially loved your usage of the word poppycock. Quite upscale and dismissing at the same time.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join