It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pilot who spotted mile wide UFOs goes on TV

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Actually, and I am not arguing either side, if I were a member of an advanced, reasonable, and holistically aware alien race, I might think it brilliant to display a large craft above earth, one of truly megalithic proportions. You see, because I would be aware of humanity's sad weakness to all forms of symbolism as a means of control, for they have not control over themselves. They have not even an awareness of who they are. It would be a grand, symbolic, mysterious gesture used to burst their tiny reality bubbles. Call it interactive experimentation to develop an almost sentient species into a state of true sentience.

Quick edit: I might add that I would probably not do this grand display over a metropolis, because of 2 reasons: an abrupt burst of the tiny "reality tunnels" and widespread panic, and because humanity keeps the destructive machination going by "jumping on the bandwagon," the very machination that eats itself (think the dragon always eats itself). People need to search their ways out of the darkness that is replicated through the constant mindless imitations. Therefore, I might paradoxically make the display massive, but in the shadows. The mere concept ultimately proves illuminating in the mental realm.

[edit on 23-7-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I have to agree. I am not a skeptic by nature but half the posts here are completely unfounded and laughable at best.
I personaly believe there is some truth out there we know very little of and ridiculous claims of the good mothership of light returning to earth to spread love and all that other bs completely discredit what good research is being done.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
Not saying there was never a case where a UFO was real or not...

But the reason the topic is so laughable is because the "true" believers will believe almost any story regarding a UFO only because they think it furthers the idea that there is proof and existence of UFO phenomenon. When in reality, many are hoaxes, so they move on to the next story that is a hoax.

Many people already believe in ET life...but from the amount of hoaxes it isn't worthwhile to 99% of the population to waste their time believing a more than likely hoax made by some kid/group of people!

Yes, there is definitely a lot of stuff on here that has me shaking my head, like the guy who posts all those "UFO filmed on movie set" things over and over, or the pictures of craters on the moon that are supposed to be secret martian bases, or some guy that films a streetlight with his cell phone, or whatever.
My question is, what do expect? You go to a site called "Above Top Secret", click on the 'Aliens and UFOs' forum, then act surprised??? That to me is truly inexplicable.

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I forgot to touch on the aspect of size of the ship and was reminded by Oreyeons post .

Where is it stated that this is a mother ship
I mean just look at our own planet . Life comes in all sizes from ants to elephants , and that is just our own little ball of rock.

I would like to point You towards an article on the biggest star known to mankind and the comparison of our sun (which is a tad bigger than our planet) which was a pixel on the screen in comparison. And that is only what we have found for now.

There are planets that are thousands of times bigger than our own planet . Who said that our size is a universal constant ? You probably remember an article about a super earth like planet found orbiting a star. Of course that one was said not to have life but I am just pointing out the size difference.

That ship could very well be a one manned scout ship with a pretty lonely bored alien stuck there on guard duty for some reason .

Besides , who said that this "ship" was not an alien itself or some type of critter (not a carbon based life form ?). ?

Of course this could also be some type of earthly critter that lives in the upper atmosphere and is not an alien at all , just hasn't been cataloged yet .

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I expect nothing else. I completely agree with you, and was trying to explain to others that seem dumbfounded.

There are those who wonder why the media portrays "UFO believers" as crazy...because they believe almost anything regarding them, thats why! Or, the stereotype that is.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

I would still prefer hard evidence i.e video footage or photos but what i can say is if that photo from russia is real then damn! That was a biggie!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Pretty sure this guy was on UFO Hunters with a couple of passenger witnesses.

I haven't finished watching the vid. so excuse me if he mentions this.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
But I choose to believe that logic, reason and common sense are universal in nature, and a biological imperative to advance to the level of an intergalactic spare faring species.

Perhaps from an extra-terrestrial perspective, it is logical, reasonable, and commonsensical to park your ship in an atmosphere. I simply don't understand how you can preach on logic and common sense, then dismiss your lack of understanding of alien races motivation as irrelevant.

If you were scooting around the galaxy in a ship that ran on nitrogen, it seems pretty logical, reasonable, and commonsensical to park in the upper levels of a nitrogen rich atmosphere to refuel, don't you think?

Do you really believe that human understanding has a sufficient grasp on common sense, logic and reason on a universal scale? Hate to use this one, but not so long ago it was common sense, logic and reason that told us the earth was flat.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
I expect nothing else. I completely agree with you, and was trying to explain to others that seem dumbfounded.

There are those who wonder why the media portrays "UFO believers" as crazy...because they believe almost anything regarding them, thats why! Or, the stereotype that is.

True, I suppose. One of the things that I really consider almost villianous is the UFO Hunters program. That guy just comes off like a complete joker to me. I just cringe the way they grasp at straws and desperately spin things into what they are not. That said, there is an abundance of witness testimony that I've seen that is extremely compelling and comes off as anything but 'crazy'.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The bright yellow object that the pilot describes, looks like the recent footage that was taken by Pedro Hernandez, in what it said to be a UFO releasing spheres!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
The only problem I have with this (well, not the only problem, common sense, reason and logic dictate about 10 things off hand that need to be considered) if why on earth would you need a mile wide UFO in atmosphere?

The host aggressively suggested the mile wide estimate, the pilot didn't rule it out but whatever phenomenon was witnessed and caught on radar, wasn't that big, but 1000 ft diameter UFOs have been claimed in many cases. I accept it was big.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by longfade

Ya, the skeptic on the UFO Hunters is to placate the disbelievers.

My opinion.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
How come noone suggested that ship might have earth origin. (something like ships in SG-1
)

Also, if aliens are driven by common sense, it is logical to assume that after they checked us (maybe even internet and ATS, visually, TV, radio, satelites,...) that they run in other side of galaxy, far away from us. (and place big red 'no-fly' zone over earth)

[edit on 7/23/09 by vietifulJoe]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Deeeeeeebunked!

Ok, you can easily see a jet from 4000 feet, and at another 50 higher, a 1 mile long UFO can't be seen from the ground too???????

link   

Originally posted by anyone

My opinion.

No, I'm actually referring the main guy! What's his name....? I find that I agree with the skeptics' views as often as not. I have to say though that I've only seen a couple of episodes, so to be fair maybe I just saw the wrong ones. I did like the way they fairly successfully cut the legs off that tired "lighthouse" explanation of the Rendlesham case for instance. Anyway, off topic - sorry.

link   
Ignorethefacts, i have to say that you are full of horse hockey. Whatever that means.

It is true that this guy could just be straight up lying, but you not only act like you are some enlightened genius, you dismiss things based on our logic. Which you said you knew what you were doing, but i dont think so.

Its true they wouldnt need such a big ship to monitor earth...but who said thats what they doing?

We have absolutely no idea what their intentions are what so ever, therefore we have no idea why they would have a craft so and so large. For all you know there could be only 2 giant beings in there, or there could be 100 getting ready to heard up a new round of cow abductees, OR it might not even be a space craft at all. We don't know. If you are going to be skeptical, be skeptical about the pilot and the way he delivers his story, etc. Being skeptical about things he described based on your own judgements that hold no weight at all in the subject makes you look foolish.

I also think using your signature in that post like that was a smug move.

link   
This video story has a big web presence

Here is another:

www.youtube.com...

A Tesla craft can propel any size or weight object on Earth. "Safe in any weather" Tesla said. See his quotes in a pdf doc download of 1907 craft design with UFO characteristics in my video of the spiral coil. Not from outer space if Tesla designed how the technology was done in 1907. And think about the people that have been lying to you because they just do not know. Do you think not telling is not lying.

+3 more 
link   

While I certainly agree with the premise that pilots are "people too" and subject to all the frailties being human entails... I disagree that they are not, as a group, better observers of phenomena in the sky/airways.

Having spoken at length with Dr. Richard Haines of NARCAP, www.narcap.org, and participated in NARCAP's report on the O'Hare incident of November, 2006 I got a very good education on exactly why pilots are excellent observers.

The obvious points are they have a greater understanding of the physics of flight than the average person and they spend a helluva allot of time looking at, well, the sky from an ideal vantage point.

As this pilot states he has seen many clouds in his day and he includes lenticulars in that collection.

I have also known, personally three pilots, one of whom started out as a USAF Fighter Pilot and now has the "big seat" on the DFW - London route for the largest airline on the planet, is my former Brother-in-Law.

When asked about this phenomenon he has consistently said nothing and only raised his eye brows in a very emotive fashion. When pressed on the issue, he flatly states that "after reporting your first 'UFO', you'll never report another one".

This appears to be common theme among many pilots per NARCAP. The $64,000.00 question in my mind is why the pilot community has been swayed to ignore things that are in controlled airspace out of fear of ridicule?

The $10.00 answer, in my opinion, is part of what "IgnoreTheFacts" states and part control by the powers who are charged with national security.

The "woo woo" factor has made a very easy playing field for the military to cover up their latest toys. Looking at the MSM treatment of the subject over the past 50 odd years, it is obvious it's worked beautifully.

That's all well and good and explains almost all of the sightings recorded, almost all.

It's the sightings, by pilots, and other "credible witnesses", of things that simply can't happen in an atmosphere because of friction and materials/propulsion technology that have kept me interested in this field all these years.

The O'Hare incident is a classic example of this type of case. If the dozens of witnesses are to be believed, the object that was hovering in the busiest airspace in the U.S. should have caused a huge fire ball of burning atmosphere, a tremendous sonic boom and been in pieces all over the ground from flying apart at the seams.

The descriptions of how it immediately exited the airspace, leaving a gaping, near perfectly round hole in thousands of feet of cloud cover indicate it was traveling at such a velocity that it should have ignited the air around it because of friction, and if it had propulsion technology that doesn't defy physics it certainly should have had some thrust exiting the bottom pushing it up wards.

While the O'Hare object certainly could have been "ours" and the reason it was over C Terminal could be explained by a horrid cock up on somebody's part or a planned test, one has to wonder what physics books these defense contractors are reading?

At any rate, there are dozens of truly bizarre incidents that have been reported by pilots, many with multiple pilots reporting and radar returns that simply defy what we understand to be the limitations of flight in our atmosphere not only from a technology stand point but a physics stand point as well.

Again, if these people are to be believed it appears as though there are some spectacular anti-gravity generators, atmosphere abatement or spacial manipulation technologies "out there".

While I firmly believe certain intelligence agencies have used the "woo woo" factor to their advantage, heck even covertly promoted it, to get sightings of their latest craft dismissed and not looked into in a meaningful way, it just doesn't cover everything.

Nor does the "natural phenomenon" explanation IMHO.

I also firmly believe that the charlatans, con men and hoaxers have aided and abetted, knowingly or otherwise, in the dismissal of sightings as the misunderstanding, or worse yet, hallucinations of "wild eyed true believers".

But I hold out hope that maybe if enough credible people come forward, the lime light is taken OFF the charlatans and we continue to employ reason and critical thinking we may find out more...

That's actually a large part of my motivation in co-owning and operating AboveTopSecret.com and The Above Network, LLC.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by longfade

Originally posted by anyone

My opinion.

No, I'm actually referring the main guy! What's his name....? I find that I agree with the skeptics' views as often as not. I have to say though that I've only seen a couple of episodes, so to be fair maybe I just saw the wrong ones. I did like the way they fairly successfully cut the legs off that tired "lighthouse" explanation of the Rendlesham case for instance. Anyway, off topic - sorry.

Oops. Yes he can be over the top too. It's like good cop, bad cop. The third guy is the mediator/closer.

I promise this will be the last off topic post.

As for this case... too many unrelated witnesses to be bunk. Very believable case, but alas, no actual footage.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join