It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pilot who spotted mile wide UFOs goes on TV

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

this pilot says he doesn't think they're from around here and says some information may be coming soon. I guess the sightiing made him a true blue believer.

the clip also shows 2 curious photographs, one of which I don't think I've seen before. He says what he saw looked very similar to the new mexico photograph.

refresher:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

fixed confusing title

[edit on 23-7-2009 by reject]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
that's awesome mate!

hundreds/thousands of sightings each month, maybe soon we will have all revealed

exciting stuff

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
He never said two mile wide. He actually said it was hard to say because he was 50 miles away and from 50 miles away its hard to pinpoint a size.

But he did have many interesting things to say including that other pilots talk about things they've seen in hushed voices in quiet corners. He also speculates that more pilots will be speaking out because of this incident's publicity. AND, its not the first unidentified craft he has seen in his career.

Cool. S&F for you OP!

Edit: Since you fixed your title my first line is moot -

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The only problem I have with this (well, not the only problem, common sense, reason and logic dictate about 10 things off hand that need to be considered) if why on earth would you need a mile wide UFO in atmosphere?

Look at it this way, we have crappy optics that can read the license plate or see the pattern on a golf ball from orbit. You would figure that any advanced race (and yes, they would have to be very advanced to keep a mile wide UFO aloft in our atmosphere) would be able to make much better observations from orbit (or even from farther distances within our solar system) without the need to have the risk of atmospheric flight. Even if they need to collect physical samples, why risk the mothership? Surley they are advanced enough to send out smaller drones or piloted "away teams" that can handle the scientific observations and collections at a substantially reduced risk.

There are many, many other reasons why I think anything related to a "mile wide ufo" is complete poppycock. Sure, some will come back telling me that how can I possibly assume the motivations and thought processes of an alien race, bla, bla. But I choose to believe that logic, reason and common sense are universal in nature, and a biological imperative to advance to the level of an intergalactic spare faring species.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
it still amazes me that even with all the pilots like this one spotting these UFO's in the air...the main stream media outlets still treat this as if crakpot, crazy people are the only people that believe in this. they constantly play the wacky music or the theme from x-files, and show little green puppets to express what is actually being detected and witnessed up in our skies as if it is a joke.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

it still amazes me that even with all the pilots like this one spotting these UFO's in the air...the main stream media outlets still treat this as if crakpot, crazy people are the only people that believe in this.

Dude, take a look around, lol. We, collectively, are the reason this subject is laughable. Everybody around here hates on us skeptics, because we have a problem turning our brains off in order to take seriously the majority of things posted around here, but we are the minority, so I have yet to figure out why they hate us, lol. They should look in the mirror.

The one thing I can assure you is that this subject is laughable in the main media not because of anything us "skeptics" are doing, lol. The majority that has been the representative of this subject for years have ruined it, plain and simple.

+47 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
The only problem I have with this (well, not the only problem, common sense, reason and logic dictate about 10 things off hand that need to be considered) if why on earth would you need a mile wide UFO in atmosphere?

Look at it this way, we have crappy optics that can read the license plate or see the pattern on a golf ball from orbit. You would figure that any advanced race (and yes, they would have to be very advanced to keep a mile wide UFO aloft in our atmosphere) would be able to make much better observations from orbit (or even from farther distances within our solar system) without the need to have the risk of atmospheric flight. Even if they need to collect physical samples, why risk the mothership? Surley they are advanced enough to send out smaller drones or piloted "away teams" that can handle the scientific observations and collections at a substantially reduced risk.

There are many, many other reasons why I think anything related to a "mile wide ufo" is complete poppycock. Sure, some will come back telling me that how can I possibly assume the motivations and thought processes of an alien race, bla, bla. But I choose to believe that logic, reason and common sense are universal in nature, and a biological imperative to advance to the level of an intergalactic spare faring species.

so this pilot is lying...the other pilot is lying...the radar blip from the ground is lying, and the passengers in the plane are lying...but YOU know it's poppycock because logic and reason tells you it is. tell me, what is the motivation for all of these pilots here and in the past that have put these sightings into official reports....fame? money??...that's where my logic and reason kick in. why would they take on the ridicule of so many people like you. crackpots are not allowed to fly passenger aircraft.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I do not think he he is a "crack pot". He is a pilot with 20 years of flying. So I think we should hold his encounter with a little more weight than most. Goes the same with astronauts.....yet we discredit them as well when they see things too.
S+F

Good find

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

crackpots are not allowed to fly passenger aircraft.

How many pilots do you know? I know many, and yes, some I wouldn't trust feeding my fish but I would trust flying me to Europe. The point is, that pilots, police, space dudes....etc, all are nothing more than human, not super human, they don't have superhuman powers of observation, and they are subject to the very same things that most UFO witnesses are. So, to raise these sightings above others tells me that you don't understand much about the human mind, and don't know very many pilots, police or astronauts personally enough to even make such an ignorant statement.

These witness don't wear capes and fight crimes, they are just plain old people like you and me.

+37 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

So wait wait wait , so who in Your opinion would be a credible witness
I mean , we have a pilot that has flown thousands of hours in a plane (how many hours have You flown?) , he has seen all kinds of clouds , reflections , balloons , Chinese lanterns , you name it ... And he says that this thing is something new .. Also I think a pilot can at least tell with a degree of certainty how big something is in the air from their perspective (as opposed to an ordinary human being , including You , unless you are a trained pilot in which case I apologize )

Then we have another pilot who has seen the same thing (I know, they have conspired together ...umm just to what end
I mean the only thing they can gain from that is ridicule) .. But wait there is more ..

We have the passengers that saw the same thing (also part of the conspiracy I presume ?) which I admit might be as clueless as You when it comes to interpreting what they have seen (because they are not pilots and are not trained and used to seeing stuff in air) so we can disregard or at least look at their testimony with a pinch of salt ...

So let me try this "logic of yours then" ..

1.) We have 2 commercial pilots +passengers that are saying they saw something that cant be explained for now with a normal explanation (ie Clouds , swamp gas , balloon , CGI , photo fake...etc)

2.) We have a conspiracy of 2 pilots and the passengers conspiring together to fake a UFO sighting in order ... Umm yea in order to accomplish exactly what ?

I dont know but "my" logic pushes me towards no. 1 , but I guess Your logic is different ..

I could pinch in the oh so loved ockham razor but ehhh.. why bother

Edit : There was also something about a radar blip , but why bother right
?

[edit on 23-7-2009 by Thill]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

But I choose to believe that logic, reason and common sense are universal in nature, and a biological imperative to advance to the level of an intergalactic spare faring species.

It may well be universal in nature, but ours could be compared to the chimpanzee's own notion that by being able to use primitive tools, it probably think it is superior mentally to all the other creatures in the jungle. If you catch my drift.

I think it is sheer arrogance when we assume our mental capacity is advanced enough to compare it as universal in nature. In reality, we could even be at the level of tadpoles in the rankings of intelligence in the universe.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Great news m8!

Thanks!

F & S

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
With all these pilot sightings im surprised the CAA hasnt made it mandatory for commercial/private aircraft to carry photographic equipment within the Cockpit to be used when such a event occurs.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
With all these pilot sightings im surprised the CAA hasnt made it mandatory for commercial/private aircraft to carry photographic equipment within the Cockpit to be used when such a event occurs.

Last thing they want is to turn pilots into UFO hunters.

It is interesting that none of them has any cameras?! Is there regulation against cameras in pilots cabin?

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

But I choose to believe that logic, reason and common sense are universal in nature, and a biological imperative to advance to the level of an intergalactic spare faring species.

Too bad our species lacks every single one of those qualities. That's probably why they're here, to figure out why we're so defective.
As for what you said about them not sending smaller ships for atmospheric observance...Who's to say that this isn't one of their smaller ships?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

There are many pilots who are a bit off kilter. Take Quagmire from Family Guy for example, apparently he is a great pilot - but a raving pervert. I know he is a cartoon character, but the likeness had to come from somewhere.

On the other hand I know a pilot for FedEx who flies the Knoxville - Memphis route and he seems to be one of the most level people I have ever known. He is very smart and perceptive and, if not for his love of flight, could have been anything that requires a level head and mass amounts of smarts.

I guess, to take claims like this more seriously, a complete psyche evaluation would be neccassary - or you could just go with your gut.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I'd be very interested as to what your definition of "common sense" is, if that is what you're going to be using as a benchmark for determining something's validity.

And speaking of which, common sense might dicate - I don't know - maybe WATCHING THE VIDEO before posting your usual line of cynicism disguised as skepticism. Then you would know that the guy never said it was a mile wide, for starters. He did say that at that range there was really no telling what it's actual size was.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812

There are many pilots who are a bit off kilter. Take Quagmire from Family Guy for example, apparently he is a great pilot - but a raving pervert. I know he is a cartoon character, but the likeness had to come from somewhere.

On the other hand I know a pilot for FedEx who flies the Knoxville - Memphis route and he seems to be one of the most level people I have ever known. He is very smart and perceptive and, if not for his love of flight, could have been anything that requires a level head and mass amounts of smarts.

I guess, to take claims like this more seriously, a complete psyche evaluation would be neccassary - or you could just go with your gut.

You're kidding, right? If not, can you maybe come up with a better example than a cartoon character to make your point?

[edit on 23-7-2009 by longfade]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

crackpots are not allowed to fly passenger aircraft.

How many pilots do you know? I know many, and yes, some I wouldn't trust feeding my fish but I would trust flying me to Europe. The point is, that pilots, police, space dudes....etc, all are nothing more than human, not super human, they don't have superhuman powers of observation, and they are subject to the very same things that most UFO witnesses are. So, to raise these sightings above others tells me that you don't understand much about the human mind, and don't know very many pilots, police or astronauts personally enough to even make such an ignorant statement.

These witness don't wear capes and fight crimes, they are just plain old people like you and me.

Pfft. I would LOVE to see you sit across from the myriad police officers, government officials, veteran airline pilots, and high-ranking military personnel and tell them that they didn't see what they saw. I'd love it.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Not saying there was never a case where a UFO was real or not...

But the reason the topic is so laughable is because the "true" believers will believe almost any story regarding a UFO only because they think it furthers the idea that there is proof and existence of UFO phenomenon. When in reality, many are hoaxes, so they move on to the next story that is a hoax.

Many people already believe in ET life...but from the amount of hoaxes it isn't worthwhile to 99% of the population to waste their time believing a more than likely hoax made by some kid/group of people!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join